Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27.04.2012, 00:12
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Therwil
Posts: 115
Groaned at 15 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 7 Posts
Dietiker has earned some respectDietiker has earned some respect
Parking Question

Hi all

I am struggling with a parking problem. I do not have a parking spot in my apartment. I did not check when I rented it but bought a car later.

Now I am told that three of the parking spots have been rented out to people who do not live in the apartment. Today I was told that people staying in the apartment have higher rights that people who do not and that I can insist that the housing agency allots me one of these three parking spots.

Is this true that people staying in the apartment have higher rights over parking spots that people who do not stay in the apartment.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27.04.2012, 00:30
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking Question

Seems unlikely, you rented an apartment without a parking spot, why should you have priority over someone who is paying rent for a spot?

I guess you can ask to go on a waiting list, when a spot comes up you can rent it.

Quote:
View Post
Hi all

I am struggling with a parking problem. I do not have a parking spot in my apartment. I did not check when I rented it but bought a car later.

Now I am told that three of the parking spots have been rented out to people who do not live in the apartment. Today I was told that people staying in the apartment have higher rights that people who do not and that I can insist that the housing agency allots me one of these three parking spots.

Is this true that people staying in the apartment have higher rights over parking spots that people who do not stay in the apartment.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 27.04.2012, 08:42
FriendlyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shoppinzentrum
Posts: 1,782
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 914 Times in 551 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking Question

Quote:
View Post
Hi all

I am struggling with a parking problem. I do not have a parking spot in my apartment. I did not check when I rented it but bought a car later.

Now I am told that three of the parking spots have been rented out to people who do not live in the apartment. Today I was told that people staying in the apartment have higher rights that people who do not and that I can insist that the housing agency allots me one of these three parking spots.

Is this true that people staying in the apartment have higher rights over parking spots that people who do not stay in the apartment.

Cheers
You can request, but you cannot demand.
The current person renting the parking spot has a rental contract.
You need to ask the landlord to terminate the persons rental contract at the next possible termination date so that you can rent the spot.

In other words, get on nice speaking terms with the landlord... and get them on your side.-..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank FriendlyKiwi for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 27.04.2012, 10:19
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking Question

70CHF/year for the blue parking pass from the police station then you can park on the street in your neighborhood.

or white spaces for free.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank KeinFranzösisch for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 27.04.2012, 12:45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 428
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 212 Times in 102 Posts
Millso has made some interesting contributions
Re: Parking Question

Quote:
I guess you can ask to go on a waiting list, when a spot comes up you can rent it.
I guess by "higher rights" you would get preference over non tenants when a spot free's up? Talk to your landlord/agency?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Millso for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 27.04.2012, 13:01
ullainga's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: around Basel
Posts: 1,579
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 2,189 Times in 911 Posts
ullainga has a reputation beyond reputeullainga has a reputation beyond reputeullainga has a reputation beyond reputeullainga has a reputation beyond reputeullainga has a reputation beyond reputeullainga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parking Question

We were renting a parking space belonging to the neighbouring house and indeed had a clause in the contract, that the contract will be terminated if a resident of the other house requests the parking spot. So it's quite possible that the same applies to the spaces in question.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ullainga for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorbike Parking Krazy8s Transportation/driving 22 06.05.2016 18:48
Mobility parking question TitanTurbo10 Transportation/driving 6 08.08.2011 14:52
Fine or penalty for parking in Boat parking space (haha) roostermike Transportation/driving 4 22.09.2010 13:42
Parking... sys4cad Daily life 8 10.01.2010 23:06
HELP - ahole hit me while parallel parking and it is my fault! [legal question] felz12 Transportation/driving 13 11.03.2007 20:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0