English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Transportation/driving (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/)
-   -   And then there were four... (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/259718-then-there-were-four.html)

st2lemans 13.09.2016 18:28

And then there were four...
 
So, after going from one plate and two cars a year ago, we are now up to five and three! :eek:

So, one of each has to go, alas the car that has to go is not on the plate that has to go, so one car goes, two get shifted, and then the unused plate goes, though I'm not sure if I can shift the two, or have to de-register and re-register? :confused:

Well, at least my insurance guy understands what I want to do. :p

(at least, I hope so! :D)

Now, if only I can find a way to reduce from seven motorcycles and five plates. :msncrazy:

Tom

Tinkiwinki 13.09.2016 18:38

Re: And then there were four...
 
thanks for posting. i also am looking to shift a plate to another car i have. not looked into it yet..

st2lemans 13.09.2016 18:45

Re: And then there were four...
 
Shifting to another car I've done before, but not from one plate I have to another (twice in fact), i.e. I've only done from registered/plated in my wife's name to my plate, in which case it was de-register/register, but in this case the registered person doesn't change.

The problem for me is that normally one de-registers at one window, and registers at another, so is that what I have to do in this case?

Tom

Tinkiwinki 13.09.2016 19:02

Re: And then there were four...
 
It may get to complicated for the guys behind the counter as I want the plate to be changed to a square one instead of the current long version. Have you thought about that for your cars?

I believe a new plate with the same number will cost 60 CHF

st2lemans 13.09.2016 19:16

Re: And then there were four...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkiwinki (Post 2656495)
It may get to complicated for the guys behind the counter as I want the plate to be changed to a square one instead of the current long version. Have you thought about that for your cars?

Yes, that's one reason why specific cars are going to specific plates, the cars that will be on plate #1 (short) have already used it, the other two will be on the long one, which they are used to (the Fiesta has used both)

Tom

JagWaugh 13.09.2016 19:25

Re: And then there were four...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 2656511)
Yes, that's one reason why specific cars are going to specific plates, the cars that will be on plate #1 (short) have already used it, the other two will be on the long one, which they are used to (the Fiesta has used both)

Tom

I may be misremembering, but I think I remember a guy telling me that the MFK here wouldn't allow him to put two PS monsters on the same plate unless he paid the Verkehrsabgaben on those two - he had 2 wechselnumbers and that was exactly why he was trying to get them onto the same plate.

st2lemans 13.09.2016 19:29

Re: And then there were four...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JagWaugh (Post 2656521)
I may be misremembering, but I think I remember a guy telling me that the MFK here wouldn't allow him to put two PS monsters on the same plate unless he paid the Verkehrsabgaben on those two - he had 2 wechselnumbers and that was exactly why he was trying to get them onto the same plate.

Works for my bikes! ;)

Also, 200 is hardly a monster, only 35% more than my bike! :eek:

Tom


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0