Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:12
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,586
Groaned at 2,354 Times in 1,712 Posts
Thanked 38,382 Times in 18,114 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Those breaking the law are probably all foreigners.

Deport the lot of them!

But hang, draw, and quarter them first.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
show us the mistake


Very true. Specially for Switzerland. When they tell you "we understand your concern and will discuss it" you know they don't give a hoot and want you to shut up.


Absolutely.
Yet - people keep complaining about rain and it STILL rains.
Really? Because when i conplained about the rain the other day it stopped 10 minutes afterwards...hahaha...

Anyway, i have written to the politicians now who understand my view. We'll see if they come up with an initiative or referendum on the matter.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:15
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Anyway, i have written to the politicians now who understand my view. We'll see if they come up with an initiative or referendum on the matter.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #124  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post

Anyway, i have written to the politicians now who understand my view. We'll see if they come up with an initiative or referendum on the matter.
Thatís not how initiatives work.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Those breaking the law are probably all foreigners.

Deport the lot of them!

But hang, draw, and quarter them first.

Tom
Well don't know about you but I also have Swiss citizenship
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:16
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Electric scooters and E-Steering scooters are equal in terms of traffic rules bicycles (Article 42 para. 4 VRV). Users of these devices must therefore use the bicycle lanes or bicy- cle strips if they are present (Article 46 (1) SVG) and can only use certain traffic areas for pedestrians if there is an additional "cyclist" board (Article 64 (6) SSV).
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #127  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:17
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,586
Groaned at 2,354 Times in 1,712 Posts
Thanked 38,382 Times in 18,114 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
To clarify

A sidewalk (American English) or pavement (British English), also known as a footpath or footway, is a path along the side of a road. ... In some places, the same term may also be used for a paved path, trail or footpath that is not next to a road, for example, a path through a park
And to un-clarify: streets are paved, thus they are pavement.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #128  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
An escooter driving on the pavement straight at you is, not only illegal, but a criminal offence of that person has caused fear. It's common to assault under English law albeit without the mens rea. The actus reus is evident. Hence, taking avideo of them is not illegal under those circunstances and, yes it can be used as evidence in a Swiss court if it is a criminal offence.
Aha. You went to the Legally Blonde University.

Edit. Cannot get the link to work: Legally Blonde Mens Rea, Reese in a green cardy.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #129  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Well don't know about you but I also have Swiss citizenship
We know.

Anyway, isn't it about now that you're supposed to start complaining that everybody hates you and that you've been banned yet are inexplicably still able to create posts?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #130  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
Thatís not how initiatives work.
You need to collect 100000 signatures firsr. There must ne a starting point. And for a referendum its 50000. But that on the federal level. On the Kantonal level it's 3000 or 5000 as far as i remember
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:20
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
You need to collect 100000 signatures firsr. There must ne a starting point. And for a referendum its 50000. But that on the federal level. On the Kantonal level it's 3000 or 5000 as far as i remember
On the EF level its a couple
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #132  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Electric scooters and E-Steering scooters are equal in terms of traffic rules bicycles (Article 42 para. 4 VRV). Users of these devices must therefore use the bicycle lanes or bicy- cle strips if they are present (Article 46 (1) SVG) and can only use certain traffic areas for pedestrians if there is an additional "cyclist" board (Article 64 (6) SSV).
Exactly! And thanks for the support here, because i think we are getting idiot responses from all others.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank martinedmounds for this useful post:
  #133  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:20
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,586
Groaned at 2,354 Times in 1,712 Posts
Thanked 38,382 Times in 18,114 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Well don't know about you but I also have Swiss citizenship
Well, as we have seen recently, that can be stripped if you have multiple citizenships. https://lenews.ch/2019/09/12/swiss-n...he-first-time/

Fortunately, I am Swiss-only.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
Aha. You went to the Legally Blonde University.

Edit. Cannot get the link to work: Legally Blonde Mens Rea, Reese in a green cardy.
I don't know what you are talking about...what legally blonde?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Well, as we have seen recently, that can be stripped if you have multiple citizenships. https://lenews.ch/2019/09/12/swiss-n...he-first-time/

Fortunately, I am Swiss-only.

Tom
Hahaha...what a relevant article...
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:24
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,975
Groaned at 2,037 Times in 1,121 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: electric scooter - rules?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eajQWyoOPk
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Zurich
Posts: 33
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
martinedmounds has become a little unpopularmartinedmounds has become a little unpopular
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Anyway...that's it. No more posts or replies from my side.

See ya.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
I don't know what you are talking about...what legally blonde?

2001 movie starring Reese Witherspoon as wannabe lawyer. Initially all she knows is the term mens rea.

Good clip but needed to be the movie not the stage musical.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:29
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,586
Groaned at 2,354 Times in 1,712 Posts
Thanked 38,382 Times in 18,114 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Anyway...that's it. No more posts or replies from my side.

See ya.
Bummer.

Or is it Boomer?

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #140  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:29
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: electric scooter - rules?

Quote:
View Post
Really? Because when i conplained about the rain the other day it stopped 10 minutes afterwards...hahaha...

Anyway, i have written to the politicians now who understand my view. We'll see if they come up with an initiative or referendum on the matter.
They will understand your concern and discuss it.

Quote:
We know.

Anyway, isn't it about now that you're supposed to start complaining that everybody hates you and that you've been banned yet are inexplicably still able to create posts?
You mean he's banned yet still posts? That reminds me of those darn scooter-drivers who - although not allowed - drive on footpaths (to word that clearly for Tom )
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
electronic scooter, rule




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Bike or Scooter Swissinfo Transportation/driving 19 11.12.2009 14:39


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0