Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19.06.2017, 17:12
Spinal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Spinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeable
Medium Term Parking

Does anyone know of a garage near Altstetten where I can park a car for a month or so?

Happy to pay the rent or fees, but most have 3-6 month minimum terms (or otherwise exorbitant rates, like letzipark, which is around 3CHF an hour... so a month would be in the millions...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19.06.2017, 17:20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Geneva area
Posts: 310
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 315 Times in 141 Posts
hairybadger has earned the respect of manyhairybadger has earned the respect of manyhairybadger has earned the respect of many
Re: Medium Term Parking

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone know of a garage near Altstetten where I can park a car for a month or so?

Happy to pay the rent or fees, but most have 3-6 month minimum terms (or otherwise exorbitant rates, like letzipark, which is around 3CHF an hour... so a month would be in the millions...
24*31*3 = 2232.
A three month rental might be cheaper (I pay 170CHF/month in Geneva)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19.06.2017, 17:30
Spinal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Spinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeable
Re: Medium Term Parking

Thanks - the alternative I was thinking of, which may be feasible...

Does anyone know of free parking in the suburbs? This is a second car, so could really be left somewhere 30 minute drive away... and then collected when/if needed...

Looking around the internet, I can't see anywhere advertising free parking, but I'm guessing if I go Habsburg I should find somewhere free to leave a car for a bit... right?

M..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20.06.2017, 16:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 462
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 135 Times in 98 Posts
standardgirl has earned some respectstandardgirl has earned some respect
Re: Medium Term Parking

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone know of a garage near Altstetten where I can park a car for a month or so?

Happy to pay the rent or fees, but most have 3-6 month minimum terms (or otherwise exorbitant rates, like letzipark, which is around 3CHF an hour... so a month would be in the millions...
What about getting a blue zone permit? It costs 300.- for a year.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 20.06.2017, 16:25
Spinal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Spinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeable
Re: Medium Term Parking

Quote:
View Post
What about getting a blue zone permit? It costs 300.- for a year.
That would be ideal (and what I have for my car), the challenge is, this is for a car that isn't mine but someone visiting... I don't think I can get a blue permit for a car that isn't registered in my name...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Spinal for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 20.06.2017, 16:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 462
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 135 Times in 98 Posts
standardgirl has earned some respectstandardgirl has earned some respect
Re: Medium Term Parking

Quote:
View Post
That would be ideal (and what I have for my car), the challenge is, this is for a car that isn't mine but someone visiting... I don't think I can get a blue permit for a car that isn't registered in my name...
Ah ok... you actually can get blue zone parking for anyone, but they cost a lot more. It's 15.- per day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20.06.2017, 17:06
Spinal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 167
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 105 Times in 50 Posts
Spinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeableSpinal is considered knowledgeable
Re: Medium Term Parking

Quote:
View Post
Ah ok... you actually can get blue zone parking for anyone, but they cost a lot more. It's 15.- per day.
Or get said person a B-permit EU passport should be easy... then de-register them a month later...

Sigh, the world we live in. I miss my driveway in London...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short to medium term rent in Châlet, near Gland Odile Property offered 3 08.05.2017 16:08
Immediate medium term dog carer needed. Ascott Jobs offered 11 08.03.2017 11:41
Long term parking @ EuroAirport dajegas Transportation/driving 16 22.02.2016 19:51
Short /Medium term room available in Zurich Oerlikon - 800CHF per month TombaLaBomba Property wanted 2 19.01.2012 17:59
Short/Medium term mobile use in CH - Vodaphone ? k3lvc TV/internet/telephone 4 19.06.2008 13:53


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0