Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11.02.2018, 15:06
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,490
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,932 Times in 7,055 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

You will not find your answer on the Swiss customs website, which btw. has many information in English (To change language see top right corner where it says DE FR IT EN)

Here the English page on Export from Switzerland:
https://www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/en/home...ing-goods.html
https://www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/en/home...itzerland.html

But your question is not only about export from Switzerland but also about import in to the EU. Swiss customs does not care about the import formalities and procedure in other countries and customs areas.

You will have to look for this information on the German or Dutch customs website.

Albeit, the information is available in English on the German website it is not as easy to switch languages as it is on the Swiss one. Here the site covering the issues of transit and import respectively:
http://www.zoll.de/EN/Businesses/Mov...nsit_node.html
http://www.zoll.de/EN/Businesses/Mov...port_node.html



So the process is: Export from Switzerland, a few meters later import into the EU, transit through Germany, importation and final paperworks in the NL.
__________________
"I think so, Brain. But where are we going to find a gallon of whip cream and three yards of lederhosen at this time of night? Narf!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 28.03.2018, 11:04
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Hi Gents,

While I respectfully understand your opinions, I remained with my plan. From a more than three months perspective let me share the summary of the project:

German border control calculation

- Paid for car: 10820 (They accept sales receipt)
- CoC document (70CHF, turned out it was not needed at all)
- EUR1 Document (160 CHF)
- German border VAT 2055 CHF
- German border Duty 974 CHF (Didn't have to pay due to having the EUR1)
- Fuel 160 CHF
- Export numberplate (280 CHF)
- Final hungarian car documents 1300 CHF

So Total: 14845 CHF Please note that everything has been done according to legal laws

Hungarian border control calculation

Hungarian border control will not accept the sales receipt, instead they were going to check the price on the EUROTAX list, which at the time was around 25-27k along with higher tax percentages. And EUR1 would not be accepted therefore its Duty + VAT.



- Car Price 10820 (But they consider EUROTAX Value which was about 25500 CHF)
- Coc 70
- EUR1 160
- Fuel 160 CHF
- Hungarian VAT 27% based on EUROTAX price 6885 CHF
- Hungarian DUTY 11% based on EUROTAX price 2805CHF
- Hungarian final car documents woudl of been higher this way as well, about 1500CHF

So Total: 22400CHF


While I fully understand and respect the opinions like "Pay caesar what belongs to caesar" I am rather going to choose my legal ways of saving 7555 CHF on a car that I originally paid 10820 CHF for.


Best Regards Gents and have a happy Easter!

Roli
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09.06.2018, 15:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich/Küsnacht
Posts: 56
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Küsnacht has made some interesting contributions
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Does anyone know.

1. If one needs the orginal purchase agreement or if a copy will do?

2. Is there any difference if you go over the Austrian or the German boarder?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11.06.2018, 10:04
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone know.

1. If one needs the orginal purchase agreement or if a copy will do?

2. Is there any difference if you go over the Austrian or the German boarder?

Thanks

Hi!

1. Fairly sure the original would be needed!

2. Yes, VAT and TAX would be slightly higher on the austrian border

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 26.06.2018, 17:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Mendrisio
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bszabi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Hey Roland,

Which borderpass did you use? I'm moving home soon from Ticino and I also want to custom my car as I pass the border. Could you maybe give us more information about the procedure at the border?

Udv, Szabi

Quote:
View Post
Hi Gents,

While I respectfully understand your opinions, I remained with my plan. From a more than three months perspective let me share the summary of the project:

German border control calculation

- Paid for car: 10820 (They accept sales receipt)
- CoC document (70CHF, turned out it was not needed at all)
- EUR1 Document (160 CHF)
- German border VAT 2055 CHF
- German border Duty 974 CHF (Didn't have to pay due to having the EUR1)
- Fuel 160 CHF
- Export numberplate (280 CHF)
- Final hungarian car documents 1300 CHF

So Total: 14845 CHF Please note that everything has been done according to legal laws

Hungarian border control calculation

Hungarian border control will not accept the sales receipt, instead they were going to check the price on the EUROTAX list, which at the time was around 25-27k along with higher tax percentages. And EUR1 would not be accepted therefore its Duty + VAT.



- Car Price 10820 (But they consider EUROTAX Value which was about 25500 CHF)
- Coc 70
- EUR1 160
- Fuel 160 CHF
- Hungarian VAT 27% based on EUROTAX price 6885 CHF
- Hungarian DUTY 11% based on EUROTAX price 2805CHF
- Hungarian final car documents woudl of been higher this way as well, about 1500CHF

So Total: 22400CHF


While I fully understand and respect the opinions like "Pay caesar what belongs to caesar" I am rather going to choose my legal ways of saving 7555 CHF on a car that I originally paid 10820 CHF for.


Best Regards Gents and have a happy Easter!

Roli
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 28.06.2018, 10:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Hello Szabi!

Did you just purchase this car? Or you have been using it for quite some time?

This would make a difference.

Looking forward to your reply.

Roland

Quote:
View Post
Hey Roland,

Which borderpass did you use? I'm moving home soon from Ticino and I also want to custom my car as I pass the border. Could you maybe give us more information about the procedure at the border?

Udv, Szabi
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 28.06.2018, 10:20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Mendrisio
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bszabi has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Hey Roli,

No, I bought it 2 months ago so I need to pay all the taxes. Lately I decided to leave Switzerland, that's why I'm a little stressed with this car export.. I tried to days ago at the Italian border and they kind of sent me home to do it..

Quote:
View Post
Hello Szabi!

Did you just purchase this car? Or you have been using it for quite some time?

This would make a difference.

Looking forward to your reply.

Roland
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 28.06.2018, 12:19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dübi
Posts: 434
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 188 Posts
Jaceq has earned the respect of manyJaceq has earned the respect of manyJaceq has earned the respect of many
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Friend of mine already exported 2 cars from CH to PL, he did VAT + duty (cars were Subaru made in Japan so no EUR1 document) on German border in Thayngen, SH.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 28.06.2018, 14:17
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Dear Szabi,

In that case please see my summary above, read it trough and let me know in which points you need clarification, I will be more than happy to explain.

Thnkas
Roland

Quote:
View Post
Hey Roli,

No, I bought it 2 months ago so I need to pay all the taxes. Lately I decided to leave Switzerland, that's why I'm a little stressed with this car export.. I tried to days ago at the Italian border and they kind of sent me home to do it..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 23.05.2019, 12:35
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Praha 6
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red Dwarf has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
Hi Gents, While I respectfully understand your opinions, I remained with my plan.
Hello Roli,

You went thru exactly what I'm planning to do. All "specialized" guys and companies for import from Switzerlands are just too expensive or just don't know what they are doing at all. I gathered more info within one day then what they know. To my problem and what is unclear for me:

- Where can I get EUR 1 document and who fills it up and sign it? The dealer (used car 7YO) can sell me the car EXCL. swiss VAT however he want filled up and signed EUR 1 document.

- Secondly he want to see that the VAT is paid in new country of the car. But I guess I cannot do this without owning the car and paying VAT at German borders

- where I can get export plates? Do you have some link?

Thank you very much for help!

Regards
Martin
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 24.05.2019, 12:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
Hello Roli,

You went thru exactly what I'm planning to do. All "specialized" guys and companies for import from Switzerlands are just too expensive or just don't know what they are doing at all. I gathered more info within one day then what they know. To my problem and what is unclear for me:

- Where can I get EUR 1 document and who fills it up and sign it? The dealer (used car 7YO) can sell me the car EXCL. swiss VAT however he want filled up and signed EUR 1 document.

- Secondly he want to see that the VAT is paid in new country of the car. But I guess I cannot do this without owning the car and paying VAT at German borders

- where I can get export plates? Do you have some link?

Thank you very much for help!

Regards
Martin
Dear Martin,

1:
An EUR1 for a vechile can be acquired from this website:

https://www.eur1.ch/eur1-bestellen/e...euge-bestellen

Here they will ask you to fill in information about the sender(origin country) and receiver (destination country) and the details about the car.

If you get stuck filling it up or have any questions, this is the company I was calling for help:

Vector Logistics AG
Lohagstrasse 14
4133 Pratteln

Tel.: +41-(0)61 815 90 90

The EUR1 will be signed and stamped on the Swiss border side.

2.
I assume they are selling the car to you without tax? In this case what I did, is I paid the price including the 7.7% swiss tax. And after when the car received the hungarian numberplates, I contacted the swiss customs for tax return.
Once you have the whole procedure done, you can contact them and they will tell you what docs they need.

3:
Export plates is about a 20 minutes work, you need to go to your city's Strassenverkehrsamt, with the cancelled greycard of the car, and they will give you number plates / new export greycard that includes insurance for the care for the given period:

If i remember correctly a whole month costs about 280.- CHF, but if you buy it after the mid of the month then its half price.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Roland
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 24.05.2019, 13:32
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basel
Posts: 1,293
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 759 Times in 453 Posts
Landers is considered knowledgeableLanders is considered knowledgeableLanders is considered knowledgeable
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
I do not feel like spending more time in trying to convince you on how stupid your plan is. 3 People told you this does not work, if that is not enough than do not waste our time.



I think it's your own time you're wasting, and as we've seen before you don't know everything, even if you think you do.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 24.05.2019, 14:47
dark_master's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
dark_master has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
Dear Szabi,

In that case please see my summary above, read it trough and let me know in which points you need clarification, I will be more than happy to explain.

Thnkas
Roland
Hi Roland,

I'm also considering exporting a car and I would like to know some details. In my case, the car is non-EU, so I don't have a CoC and the EUR1 documents. This is ok, I know I have to pay 10% import duties into Germany (besides the VAT).

My question is the following: Did you have to use one of the agencies at the border to prepare the documents (zoll Agentur)? Or did you simply go to the customs office and they did the documents on the spot.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 24.05.2019, 15:44
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,490
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,932 Times in 7,055 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
In my case, the car is non-EU, so I don't have a CoC and the EUR1 documents.
A CoC has nothing to do if the car is of EU or non-EU origin. A CoC (Certificate of Conformity) states that the car complies, or shold I say conforms?, with certain regulations such as the EU or ECE ones. W/o a CoC you might have a hard time to register it and use it on public roads.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 24.05.2019, 16:13
dark_master's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
dark_master has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
A CoC has nothing to do if the car is of EU or non-EU origin. A CoC (Certificate of Conformity) states that the car complies, or shold I say conforms?, with certain regulations such as the EU or ECE ones. W/o a CoC you might have a hard time to register it and use it on public roads.
That's true, but the CoC, at least for a car I own, also states where the car was manufactured. Depending on the age of the car, it's not always necessary to obtain the EUR1 certificate which would then spare you of the import tax (due to the car being reintroduced into the EU space). As for registering without a CoC, I'm already aware of the process of importing a car which does not have a CoC. Slightly more complex, but definitely possible (and country dependent).

In any case, my question was less about the CoC or the EUR1, but more about the necessary formalities and documents at the border. The problem I have is that the car transportation company can only pass through the border on a Saturday. While the customs are open and manned on a Saturday, the agencies which help prepare the export/import are only open Monday-Friday. So I wonder if you absolutely have to go through them or if I can simply do the paperwork myself when I arrive at the border.

Last edited by dark_master; 24.05.2019 at 16:47.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 24.05.2019, 19:09
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
That's true, but the CoC, at least for a car I own, also states where the car was manufactured. Depending on the age of the car, it's not always necessary to obtain the EUR1 certificate which would then spare you of the import tax (due to the car being reintroduced into the EU space). As for registering without a CoC, I'm already aware of the process of importing a car which does not have a CoC. Slightly more complex, but definitely possible (and country dependent).

In any case, my question was less about the CoC or the EUR1, but more about the necessary formalities and documents at the border. The problem I have is that the car transportation company can only pass through the border on a Saturday. While the customs are open and manned on a Saturday, the agencies which help prepare the export/import are only open Monday-Friday. So I wonder if you absolutely have to go through them or if I can simply do the paperwork myself when I arrive at the border.

You could, the only showstopper is the fact that when the car passes by, they go ahead and check its S/N and mileage etc. You might want to ask the transportation company what they think about this?

BR

Roland
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 25.05.2019, 14:09
dark_master's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
dark_master has no particular reputation at present
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
You could, the only showstopper is the fact that when the car passes by, they go ahead and check its S/N and mileage etc. You might want to ask the transportation company what they think about this?

BR

Roland
Hi Roland! Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand. I have no problem (nor the transportation company) with them checking the S/N, milage, etc. But did you have to use a Spedition company (the ones which prepare the export/import docs)? And if yes, have you used a specific one? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26.05.2019, 12:24
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 10,490
Groaned at 81 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 15,932 Times in 7,055 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Check what kind of prior paperwork you need to have done.

For example if you intend to import into Switzerland, the Swiss want an electronic declaration (e-dec) which has to be filled before you show up a customs. If you do not have a login you would need the help of the third party company. But I think, no further help from them is needed at actual day of import.

Nevertheless here a Zollagentur which is working on Saturday:
http://www.zollimpex.ch/service.php
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #39  
Old 26.05.2019, 13:38
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 27,103
Groaned at 1,708 Times in 1,304 Posts
Thanked 31,456 Times in 15,040 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
While the customs are open and manned on a Saturday, the agencies which help prepare the export/import are only open Monday-Friday. So I wonder if you absolutely have to go through them or if I can simply do the paperwork myself when I arrive at the border.
In short, yes, BTDT.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 27.05.2019, 15:18
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 10
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
thisisroli has become a little unpopularthisisroli has become a little unpopular
Re: Car Exportation into EU country

Quote:
View Post
Hi Roland! Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure I understand. I have no problem (nor the transportation company) with them checking the S/N, milage, etc. But did you have to use a Spedition company (the ones which prepare the export/import docs)? And if yes, have you used a specific one? Thanks.
Hello!

I had the e-dec docs filled out prior to going to the border. The sped company I did some paperwork with was:

Zollstraße 33, 78244 Gottmadingen, Germany
PPRC+37 Gottmadingen, Germany

cortesi-zollservice.de

+49 7734 97315


Kind Regards,

Roland
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank thisisroli for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
car, eur1, export, exportation, strassenverkehrsamt




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can non EU tourist drive a Switzerland registered car into Austria & Germany? keai Transportation/driving 31 13.11.2017 21:03
Bringing goods by car from EU country ecoo Finance/banking/taxation 3 12.11.2014 04:59
must import car into CH (pending EU-national permit) dukeclarence Transportation/driving 0 18.09.2013 09:59
Importing a new LHD car into Switzerland from UK/EU StephenOliver Transportation/driving 14 14.10.2012 00:51
Importing car from EU country (not UK or IRL) - TÜV and insurance question eireann Transportation/driving 8 07.05.2007 22:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0