Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #301  
Old 26.11.2019, 00:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Saw them, good photos!

Minor fix, the form id is 13.20A, so I was told. Probably the one referred to here: https://stva.zh.ch/internet/sicherhe.../FZimport.html

As this form is used for importing new cars by private persons, I wonder if they made you the importer, loading the hassle of paperwork or paying MWST, duties, levies etc. on you, or do companies use this form too and Tesla CH merely provided their own copy for you?

Wondering if it is how all car companies in Switzerland sell their cars. I expected that it's a transaction about a domestic product between two Swiss resident entities (Tesla CH and me) and I couldn't care less about how they got in possession of the car
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 26.11.2019, 00:56
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
The trek to Höri is odd, do they make customers from all over Deutschschweiz to visit two faraway places, therefore dedicate an entire day just to pick up the car? I'll ask if one can go directly to the warehouse.
You have to go directly to the warehouse, it's the only way to get your new Tesla.

One warehouse is at Höri (near Zürich, as AbFab pointed out, but not conveniently on an S-Bahn line; you need to take a train or two, then a Post bus, then a horse and carriage, and finally Shanks's pony to get there), the other in Geneva. While these are the largest cities in Switzerland, it would clearly have made much more sense to locate one of the warehouses oop north(-west). If Elon would just purchase UBS, he'd have a ready-built warehouse right next to the showroom at Bankverein in Basel.
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 26.11.2019, 01:19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
You have to go directly to the warehouse, it's the only way to get your new Tesla.
Got it! What I tried to say is, hopefully one does not need to go to some Tesla office in Zürich proper before going to Höri. Ie. it's just a single trip to Höri.

Last edited by Guest; 26.11.2019 at 02:18. Reason: Fixed HTML in quote
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 26.11.2019, 01:19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Haha weird quote formatting
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 26.11.2019, 02:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
Haha weird quote formatting
Not any more.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #306  
Old 26.11.2019, 08:53
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
You have to go directly to the warehouse, it's the only way to get your new Tesla.

One warehouse is at Höri (near Zürich, as AbFab pointed out, but not conveniently on an S-Bahn line; you need to take a train or two, then a Post bus, then a horse and carriage, and finally Shanks's pony to get there), the other in Geneva. While these are the largest cities in Switzerland, it would clearly have made much more sense to locate one of the warehouses oop north(-west). If Elon would just purchase UBS, he'd have a ready-built warehouse right next to the showroom at Bankverein in Basel.
I picked mine up at the Service Centre in Schlieren. Was that not an option? There is a direct train to/from Basel there.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 26.11.2019, 09:49
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,525
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,740 Times in 4,346 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
Saw them, good photos!

Minor fix, the form id is 13.20A, so I was told. Probably the one referred to here: https://stva.zh.ch/internet/sicherhe.../FZimport.html

As this form is used for importing new cars by private persons, I wonder if they made you the importer, loading the hassle of paperwork or paying MWST, duties, levies etc. on you, or do companies use this form too and Tesla CH merely provided their own copy for you?

Wondering if it is how all car companies in Switzerland sell their cars. I expected that it's a transaction about a domestic product between two Swiss resident entities (Tesla CH and me) and I couldn't care less about how they got in possession of the car
The forms were complete and I paid nothing more and had to do nothing more, other than go the the Strassenverehrsamt (Hinwil for me) to arrange the transfer. Switzerland is very good on this and allows two cars to have the same registration for a day - as long as they are not driven together , the trade-in having a stamp in the grey book saying when it expires.

As to pick-up point. I was told it would be the Winterthur service centre, but this was changed with a week‘s notice to Höri (last February)...
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 26.11.2019, 10:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
I picked mine up at the Service Centre in Schlieren. Was that not an option? There is a direct train to/from Basel there.
No, the only option other than Höri was Geneva. Fitting, somehow, as there were virtually no options offered on the car.

Random question: what is the benefit of the CHF 530 Tesla wall charger? It seems a lot to pay for a cable and a mysterious box—a lot more than for an after-market cable to plug into a 380/400V outlet (which is also portable; handy if you're travelling somewhere where you know there'll be an outlet for a drier or some other 3-phase equipment).
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 26.11.2019, 10:34
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
No, the only option other than Höri was Geneva. Fitting, somehow, as there were virtually no options offered on the car.

Random question: what is the benefit of the CHF 530 Tesla wall charger? It seems a lot to pay for a cable and a mysterious box—a lot more than for an after-market cable to plug into a 380/400V outlet (which is also portable; handy if you're travelling somewhere where you know there'll be an outlet for a drier or some other 3-phase equipment).
Very odd, must be something to do with which branch orders it for you etc - or maybe that's just how they do it now.

No idea on the Tesla wall charger - think it just looks nicer than a raw 16A plug. I only ever had the 16A charger which does ~1km / minute so plenty for anyone really.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #310  
Old 26.11.2019, 11:49
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,525
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,740 Times in 4,346 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
No, the only option other than Höri was Geneva. Fitting, somehow, as there were virtually no options offered on the car.

Random question: what is the benefit of the CHF 530 Tesla wall charger? It seems a lot to pay for a cable and a mysterious box—a lot more than for an after-market cable to plug into a 380/400V outlet (which is also portable; handy if you're travelling somewhere where you know there'll be an outlet for a drier or some other 3-phase equipment).
A normal socket is going to get you about 8-10kms per hour added. My 220volt Tesla wall connector is on a 3 phase circuit and charges at the maximum for AC charging of 11Kwh which is 66-68kms per hour, which is done after 8pm at cheaper rate...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #311  
Old 26.11.2019, 20:06
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
A normal socket is going to get you about 8-10kms per hour added. My 220volt Tesla wall connector is on a 3 phase circuit and charges at the maximum for AC charging of 11Kwh which is 66-68kms per hour, which is done after 8pm at cheaper rate...
In Switzerland, is it automatically a lower rate after 8pm, or does in need a specific contract or even a special install or meter? Btw. what's the approx. normal (or the cheaper) household rate? I saw evpass charges something like CHF 0.45 / kWh which looks rather expensive. While Ionity gives you a full charge for a flat CHF ~10 rate, which is less than half price if the battery is at 15-20%.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 26.11.2019, 20:17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Some other Model 3 delivery questions to those of you who've been through it:

- if ordered with the extra wheel set, do they mount it for a December delivery, or do they make you drive home on Summer tires to hen find and pay for an immediate wheel service?
- are the basics, ie. Winter-friendly floor mats included eg. all-weather floor liners or mats, cargo mats, roadside safety kit, tire repair kit and snow chains?
- if not, or for other general items, can I buy them upon delivery, or they need advance reservation, or even an extra errand to someplace else?

Haha moot point, much of it is solt out, but in ski country Switzerland and everywhere in Austria, snow chains (also sold out!) are also mandatory
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 26.11.2019, 20:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,639
Groaned at 314 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 19,832 Times in 6,914 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
What concerned me the most, though, was that I found paint defects on no fewer than five separate panels, all of which will be repainted at Tesla's expense, and a chip in one of the ludicrously expensive wheels, which they will replace. There were some other minor issues that Tesla has to fix, as well, but also a couple that they claimed were "within spec"—such as a rubber seal that was caught in the joint of the falcon wings. (What sort of design "specifies" misaligned seals?) After some heated debate, Tesla rectified that issue, too. The moral for our eager future Model 3 owner is, inspect the vehicle very thoroughly and report every single defect or issue that you find. You won't have a chance after you drive out through the gaping door of the cavernous warehouse.
So buying a Tesla is the same experience as returning a rental car?
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 26.11.2019, 21:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,736
Groaned at 72 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 3,970 Times in 2,141 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
In Switzerland, is it automatically a lower rate after 8pm, or does in need a specific contract or even a special install or meter? Btw. what's the approx. normal (or the cheaper) household rate? I saw evpass charges something like CHF 0.45 / kWh which looks rather expensive. While Ionity gives you a full charge for a flat CHF ~10 rate, which is less than half price if the battery is at 15-20%.
What you pay for electricity depends entirely on your energy-provider.
Ask your energy-provider!

Ionity will at some point also charge per kWh. Until then, it's admittedly unbeatable (unless you have free supercharging for life).
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 27.11.2019, 00:44
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,525
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,740 Times in 4,346 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
Some other Model 3 delivery questions to those of you who've been through it:

- if ordered with the extra wheel set, do they mount it for a December delivery, or do they make you drive home on Summer tires to hen find and pay for an immediate wheel service?
- are the basics, ie. Winter-friendly floor mats included eg. all-weather floor liners or mats, cargo mats, roadside safety kit, tire repair kit and snow chains?
- if not, or for other general items, can I buy them upon delivery, or they need advance reservation, or even an extra errand to someplace else?

Haha moot point, much of it is solt out, but in ski country Switzerland and everywhere in Austria, snow chains (also sold out!) are also mandatory
1) I ordered winter tyres, which were on the car when collected in February. Tesla partner with Euromaster. The wheels are stored by them (you can opt to take them with you) and you make an online appointment in 'October and Easter' with about a week's notice and they change them.

- you can do this all yourself.

2) No winter kit supplied - or needed really. You can preheat the car and all 5 seats if necessary. Keep a scaper in the car. 4x4 and winter tyres mean chains are not needed. EDIT - I think Austria can be precious about chains. I don't go there.

3) There are a number of online suppliers of Model 3 extras - most are pointless...
__________________
**Triple vaxxed with Moderna plus 2021/22 season flu jab.**
Fed up of smoking? 10 tips to quit in 10 days
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #316  
Old 27.11.2019, 02:58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
1) 4x4 and winter tyres mean chains are not needed. EDIT - I think Austria can be precious about chains. I don't go there.
Yes, it's a must when crossing the Austrian border in the colder months, and so is when driving on snowy Swiss mountain roads, eg. for skiing, and there's a road sign mandating chains. It's more to do with deceleration - all cars have four braking wheels - than acceleration. If you can't start your car, the consequences aren't as bad as when you can't stop it.

Safety kits (red triangle, bandages, yellow vest etc.) are mandatory, all over Europe.

Snow chains and safety kits being out of stock at Tesla is weird, will need to ask. These are mandatory items unlike sun shades and roof racks, which are in stock.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 27.11.2019, 09:04
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,525
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,740 Times in 4,346 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
Yes, it's a must when crossing the Austrian border in the colder months, and so is when driving on snowy Swiss mountain roads, eg. for skiing, and there's a road sign mandating chains. It's more to do with deceleration - all cars have four braking wheels - than acceleration. If you can't start your car, the consequences aren't as bad as when you can't stop it.

Safety kits (red triangle, bandages, yellow vest etc.) are mandatory, all over Europe.

Snow chains and safety kits being out of stock at Tesla is weird, will need to ask. These are mandatory items unlike sun shades and roof racks, which are in stock.
I have only used chains about 3 times in the last 30 years here. In bad winter weather chains are often obligatory in Switzerland, but not for 4x4s. I wouldn't worry about it...
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 27.11.2019, 09:52
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 16,490
Groaned at 578 Times in 453 Posts
Thanked 24,677 Times in 9,934 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I have only used chains about 3 times in the last 30 years here. In bad winter weather chains are often obligatory in Switzerland, but not for 4x4s. I wouldn't worry about it...

Shall we all have another discussion about the difference between grip and traction?
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 27.11.2019, 10:02
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
Shall we all have another discussion about the difference between grip and traction?
If your car fails to get grip, you end up in traction?
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #320  
Old 27.11.2019, 10:29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fermano has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I have only used chains about 3 times in the last 30 years here. In bad winter weather chains are often obligatory in Switzerland, but not for 4x4s. I wouldn't worry about it...
Again, my understanding is if there's a roadside sign, it applies to AWDs, and cars with Falcon wings, and EVs, and... cars, period.

Even if it were not mandatory: just last season, I used chains twice, and should've used them one more time. If there's a sliver of chance one can end up on snowed-up roads - which is almost a given in Switzerland, except for the flat parts with regular weather forecast checks - not having snow chains is inexcusable, whether it's a Model 3 AWD with even weight distribution or not. Amortized cost over the lifecycle of the vehicle is below 1CHF per month but it can be the difference between a normal ski trip and an uncontrolled, accelerating slide down a serpentine. As it's mostly offtopic, I won't post more but here's an on-topic thread with your posts as well as frightening outcomes in Swiss hillsides https://www.englishforum.ch/transpor...-winter-2.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
loonie tunes, model 3, tesla




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tesla's CYBERTRK Guest General off-topic 43 01.01.2021 14:36
Tesla Model S EPMike General off-topic 606 18.12.2018 08:20
Using Tesla summon & Autopark in CH Horatio Gonzales Transportation/driving 6 13.02.2017 02:19
Tesla superdeal - anyone got one? k_and_e Transportation/driving 3 14.12.2015 16:09
Tesla import Tampa Transportation/driving 20 13.11.2015 08:37


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0