Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 03.06.2019, 12:21
user137's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 769
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 484 Times in 309 Posts
user137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputation
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
I was under the impression that reservations like these on the M3 were not transferrable.
OK fair enough, then I'll just ask for a refund before TSLA goes bankrupt and there's nothing to claim back.

I'm pretty heartbroken, though, somehow.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 03.06.2019, 12:24
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
OK fair enough, then I'll just ask for a refund before TSLA goes bankrupt and there's nothing to claim back.

I'm pretty heartbroken, though, somehow.
You could ask if you can hold the reservation until the base model (~35,000 chf) becomes available?
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 03.06.2019, 13:27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
2) Tesla goes gloriously bust and the likes of Apple or Google snap them up. Under new hands shares climb.
Why would any company who buys up a company that went bust keep the old shares. Just buy the company and have the curator pay out to the shareholders if any money is left after paying of debts/preferred creditors first and start over with new shares and 100% ownership. Also in such case I hope for the owner of a Tesla car that a curator sells to a party that respects the current warranty.

Last edited by EdwinNL; 03.06.2019 at 14:31.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 03.06.2019, 14:16
user137's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 769
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 484 Times in 309 Posts
user137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputation
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
You could ask if you can hold the reservation until the base model (~35,000 chf) becomes available?
I can hold it indefinitely, but why would I?

It already showed that prefinancing the company gave us, early reservation holders, actually zero benefits, so if the base model (which I believe will be so capped that noone would want to buy it) comes into play, I can still order it and have it delivered in 1-2 months due to massive overstocking on the Tesla end.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 03.06.2019, 15:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I can hold it indefinitely, but why would I?

It already showed that prefinancing the company gave us, early reservation holders, actually zero benefits, so if the base model (which I believe will be so capped that noone would want to buy it) comes into play, I can still order it and have it delivered in 1-2 months due to massive overstocking on the Tesla end.
Depending on when you did it, it presumably gave you earlier access to a car to than otherwise?
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 04.06.2019, 09:44
user137's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 769
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 484 Times in 309 Posts
user137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputation
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
Depending on when you did it, it presumably gave you earlier access to a car to than otherwise?
nope, that's the most bitter thing of all. I'm handled as everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 04.06.2019, 09:48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
nope, that's the most bitter thing of all. I'm handled as everyone else.
At what point did you make the reservation? I can't imagine you weren't offered a car in order of when you made the reservation?

Edit: Sorry, saw you reserved in April 2016
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 04.06.2019, 10:21
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,531
Groaned at 365 Times in 252 Posts
Thanked 12,769 Times in 4,353 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
Why would any company who buys up a company that went bust keep the old shares. Just buy the company and have the curator pay out to the shareholders if any money is left after paying of debts/preferred creditors first and start over with new shares and 100% ownership. Also in such case I hope for the owner of a Tesla car that a curator sells to a party that respects the current warranty.
I believe there is a legal requirement to do so. A company takes over another one by buying their shares...
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 04.06.2019, 11:22
user137's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 769
Groaned at 19 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 484 Times in 309 Posts
user137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputationuser137 has an excellent reputation
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
At what point did you make the reservation? I can't imagine you weren't offered a car in order of when you made the reservation?

Edit: Sorry, saw you reserved in April 2016
we had about 1 month of leverage from anyone from the street in the end (last October-ish, deliveries for early 2019).
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 04.06.2019, 11:36
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I believe there is a legal requirement to do so. A company takes over another one by buying their shares...
Depends. You can buy the company (i.e. the shares, in which case you take on all the obligations) or you can buy the business (assets, brands, etc.). In the latter case the obligations attached to the company may remain with the company.

So a buyer might acquire Tesla Inc. Or it might buy the Tesla factory, the car designs, the patents, the right to use the brand name etc.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 04.06.2019, 14:10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I believe there is a legal requirement to do so. A company takes over another one by buying their shares...
If a company goes bust the shares become defunct.

A curator has the task of finding ways to pay of the debts. Shareholders selling their shares does not put money in the pocket of the preferred creditors, selling the company assets however does, after this normal shareholders can divide any remaining money after the preferred creditors have been paid.

The company that buys the assets can just produce new stocks for their new company. Would make no sense if they would respect the old shares, those are worthless.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04.06.2019, 14:13
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Romandie
Posts: 507
Groaned at 16 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 262 Times in 161 Posts
Miostar has made some interesting contributions
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

I saw in Germany a Tesla 3 with a " 4 " pollution sticker on his car, was the owner pulling a leg?
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04.06.2019, 16:01
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I saw in Germany a Tesla 3 with a " 4 " pollution sticker on his car, was the owner pulling a leg?
What does this mean?
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 05.06.2019, 00:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I saw in Germany a Tesla 3 with a " 4 " pollution sticker on his car, was the owner pulling a leg?
Nope -- see below.

Quote:
What does this mean?
All cars in Germany are categorized according to their emission of fine particles. EURO 2 (red sticker) is currently the worst level (greatest polluter), EURO 4 (green) is the best. EVs fall into EURO 4 because there's no sticker for anything higher than EURO 4.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #175  
Old 05.06.2019, 17:53
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Romandie
Posts: 507
Groaned at 16 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 262 Times in 161 Posts
Miostar has made some interesting contributions
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

My Madzda 3, petrol,15 years old and 200'000 km on the clock, has also a sticker " 4 "
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 17.06.2019, 17:08
DUTCH's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wollerau
Posts: 417
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 690 Times in 255 Posts
DUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

I changed my order from Standard Range Plus to Long Range RWD, figured worthwhile to spend extra 5k for the bigger battery (55kwh to 75kwh) and range (415km to 560km). This option was not offered online and could only be ordered on phone and it seems they have since stopped taking any more orders for LR-RWD.

Wall socket installed and ready. Car delivery later this week.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank DUTCH for this useful post:
  #177  
Old 17.06.2019, 17:42
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,531
Groaned at 365 Times in 252 Posts
Thanked 12,769 Times in 4,353 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post
I changed my order from Standard Range Plus to Long Range RWD, figured worthwhile to spend extra 5k for the bigger battery (55kwh to 75kwh) and range (415km to 560km). This option was not offered online and could only be ordered on phone and it seems they have since stopped taking any more orders for LR-RWD.

Wall socket installed and ready. Car delivery later this week.


Stopped taking orders because they have stopped making them!
Seems what with making models with the steering wheel on the right and tooling up for the Model Y it was getting too complicated...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #178  
Old 17.06.2019, 19:40
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
View Post


Stopped taking orders because they have stopped making them!
Seems what with making models with the steering wheel on the right and tooling up for the Model Y it was getting too complicated...
Is it not just a bigger battery? Or is there more to it than that? It doesn't sound particularly complicated...
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 17.06.2019, 20:59
DUTCH's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wollerau
Posts: 417
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 690 Times in 255 Posts
DUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond reputeDUTCH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread

Quote:
Is it not just a bigger battery? Or is there more to it than that? It doesn't sound particularly complicated...
LR-RWD was on a sweet spot, for consumers once they knew about it. Battery cells are a bottleneck it seems so Tesla would rather push the demand towards higher priced AWD or lower priced but lower battery capacity SR+. Hence, LR-RWD was always a step child in marketing. Now they have done away with the pretence and taken it off altogether.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 19.06.2019, 19:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8,647
Groaned at 314 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 19,857 Times in 6,921 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tesla Model 3 Fan Boy Thread



Looks quite nice actually and great that someone tried it out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
loonie tunes, model 3, tesla




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tesla's CYBERTRK Guest General off-topic 43 01.01.2021 14:36
Tesla Model S EPMike General off-topic 606 18.12.2018 08:20
Using Tesla summon & Autopark in CH Horatio Gonzales Transportation/driving 6 13.02.2017 02:19
Tesla superdeal - anyone got one? k_and_e Transportation/driving 3 14.12.2015 16:09
Tesla import Tampa Transportation/driving 20 13.11.2015 08:37


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0