English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Transportation/driving (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/)
-   -   Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022] (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/293533-optional-electronic-autobahn-vignette-may-come-2022-a.html)

aSwissInTheUS 14.08.2019 14:39

Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
The federal council, on request of both chambers, presented a proposed law change which would allow an optional electronic autobahn vignette.

Important changes/non-changes:

- Similar as in Austria
- The colorful sticker will still be sold.
- Cost is still CHF 40
- Electronic vignette is bound to license plate --> Discount for shared plates.
- Law change comes in force 2022 earliest
- Change must be approved by both chambers, not vetoed by voters.

Official information: https://www.efd.admin.ch/efd/de/home...-id-76065.html
(As always with admin.ch you can change the language on the top right hand corner. No English version available.)

Edit: 17 December 2019 The propossed change has passed the council of states with 39 Yes : 2 No
https://www.parlament.ch/de/ratsbetr...ubjectId=48137

st2lemans 14.08.2019 14:42

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 3091271)
- Electronic vignette is bound to license plate --> Discount for shared plates.

I like this, as I have four sets of shared plates! :eek:

Tom

bowlie 14.08.2019 14:59

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Not so certain. Cameras will be installed and the government will know where your plates have been.

Big brother is watching.

Ace1 14.08.2019 15:09

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3091279)
Not so certain. Cameras will be installed and the government will know where your plates have been.

Big brother is watching.

If they wanted to do that they already would. There's currently no systematic enforcement of the Vignette, so ANPR cameras would be needed if they wanted to do that anyway, reading the number plate and searching for the vignette in the windscreen, as would still be needed even in the new system if they continue allowing the stick-on vignette.

In short, no real change to Big Brother capabilities as a result of this small change. But yes, better for this of us with multiple vehicles on shared plates.

John_H 14.08.2019 15:56

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
I don't get the logic of a discount on shared plates? Explain that one to me please..

I get it that all plates don't need to pay 40chf each.. But it should still be total 40chf no? One vehicle is still always (allowed) on the highway.

Ace1 14.08.2019 16:00

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John_H (Post 3091292)
I don't get the logic of a discount on shared plates? Explain that one to me please..

I get it that all plates don't need to pay 40chf each.. But it should still be total 40chf no? One vehicle is still always (allowed) on the highway.

Currently you need a vignette per vehicle, properly affixed, not transferable. The electronic one will be a single purchase per plate.

Clear?

LuganoPirate 14.08.2019 16:37

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3091279)
Not so certain. Cameras will be installed and the government will know where your plates have been.

Big brother is watching.

They do anyway. There are many cameras that follow you on the highways.

3Wishes 14.08.2019 16:42

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace1 (Post 3091293)
Currently you need a vignette per vehicle, properly affixed, not transferable. The electronic one will be a single purchase per plate.

Clear?

Sounds like a great deal for people who have multiple vehicles and only one plate. Seems fair too, why should you have to pay for multiple vignettes when you can only drive one car at a time anyway?

Neko 17.12.2019 12:44

E-vignettes for 2022
 
The Swiss authorities have approved a digital vignette which will be linked to your plates and available from 2022. French / German

The traditional adhesive version will keep on being available until the day when 90% of people have switched to the e-version, but visitors will have to register online as traditional outlets abroad will stop selling the stickers.

bowlie 17.12.2019 12:49

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
So, if you buy a new car and transfer your plates across, you don't have to buy a second vignette ....

AbFab 17.12.2019 14:53

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 3130560)
So, if you buy a new car and transfer your plates across, you don't have to buy a second vignette ....

Unless you buy privately you should always get a vignette on the new car anyway...

bowlie 17.12.2019 16:20

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Not my experience, in Romande. I alway insists and usually they just get out the hairdryer.

bigblue2 17.12.2019 16:35

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
sharing a plate between 2 cars means only one vignette then?

aSwissInTheUS 17.12.2019 16:40

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue2 (Post 3130639)
sharing a plate between 2 cars means only one vignette then?

Yes. At least that was the proposal.
http://www.englishforum.ch/swiss-pol...me-2022-a.html

curley 17.12.2019 16:44

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 3130559)
The Swiss authorities have approved a digital vignette which will be linked to your plates and available from 2022. French / German

The traditional adhesive version will keep on being available until the day when 90% of people have switched to the e-version, but visitors will have to register online as traditional outlets abroad will stop selling the stickers.

Following the German trick: If you buy a second hand car, the vignette which is already on it is no longer valid. Had that problem with this city-vignette thing as the car had it but on the wrong number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue2 (Post 3130639)
sharing a plate between 2 cars means only one vignette then?

Yes, I like that question :D

So if the police wants to check, they have to radio-in every license-number = they will know exactly who was where when even if it turns out the vignette was payed. I'm waiting for the "Datenschutzbeauftragte" to step up. Because TIS and such stuff is highly disliked here.

aSwissInTheUS 17.12.2019 16:51

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
PS: It is just the council of states which has apporved the change. Still needs the vote of the national council and no veto from the people during the 100 day cool off period.
The title of the other thread http://www.englishforum.ch/swiss-pol...me-2022-a.html is still correct ;)

st2lemans 17.12.2019 16:56

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 3130642)
So if the police wants to check, they have to radio-in every license-number

Most likely they will just use cameras and computers as in other countries.

Tom

curley 17.12.2019 16:59

Re: E-vignettes for 2022
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 3130647)
Most likely they will just use cameras and computers as in other countries.

Tom

And how do they work? Check - delete (if ok) - check - delete .... ?

Not sure I like that better. How will I know if it's a camera I have to slow down about then? ;)

aSwissInTheUS 17.12.2019 17:00

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
The propossed change has passed, as is, the Council of States with 39 Yes : 2 No
https://www.parlament.ch/de/ratsbetr...ubjectId=48137

curley 17.12.2019 17:27

Re: Optional electronic autobahn vignette [may come 2022]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 3130655)
The propossed change has passed, as is, the Council of States with 39 Yes : 2 No
https://www.parlament.ch/de/ratsbetr...ubjectId=48137

Your link leads to <<The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator. Your support ID is: .... >>

We need two threads on this subject? A mod should shift the new one to this one, me thinks.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0