Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.05.2020, 23:14
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Spot free car wash at home....

So doing a little YouTube watching and I see that to make a spot free car cleaning at home I’ll need a “DI Vessel” Filter and resin to connect up to my garden hose. Any clue where to buy this here in Switzerland? Costs don’t seem very high in the UK from what I am reading online.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22.05.2020, 06:40
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Risch
Posts: 536
Groaned at 23 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 459 Times in 256 Posts
KiwiSteve has an excellent reputationKiwiSteve has an excellent reputationKiwiSteve has an excellent reputationKiwiSteve has an excellent reputation
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Alternatively you could get one of those leaf blowers and blow dry your car. Wash, blow dry: just the roof massage is missing

Last edited by KiwiSteve; 22.05.2020 at 06:41. Reason: incomplete
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank KiwiSteve for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 22.05.2020, 07:04
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,548
Groaned at 1,993 Times in 1,088 Posts
Thanked 4,905 Times in 3,105 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
So doing a little YouTube watching and I see that to make a spot free car cleaning at home I’ll need a “DI Vessel” Filter and resin to connect up to my garden hose. Any clue where to buy this here in Switzerland? Costs don’t seem very high in the UK from what I am reading online.
I usually drive my car down to the river and wash it there. Much easier
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 22.05.2020, 10:59
Ace1's Avatar
A singular modality
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,056
Groaned at 309 Times in 199 Posts
Thanked 13,256 Times in 5,850 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
Alternatively you could get one of those leaf blowers and blow dry your car. Wash, blow dry: just the roof massage is missing
Or alternatively again, he could just get a life.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 23.05.2020, 09:58
robBob's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,313
Groaned at 44 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,098 Posts
robBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
So doing a little YouTube watching and I see that to make a spot free car cleaning at home I’ll need a “DI Vessel” Filter and resin to connect up to my garden hose. Any clue where to buy this here in Switzerland? Costs don’t seem very high in the UK from what I am reading online.
Seems to be a specialty non consumer product here meaning $$$

What you want is called by the locals a Ionenaustauscher

This post here gives some more info on it in DE: https://aston-martin-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=2806

Could only google these in CH: https://www.jungheinrich-profishop.c...-72101-176518/
http://www.reinwasser.ch/Patronen.html
https://www.burkhalter-h2o.ch/de/pro...alzungsanlagen

Last edited by robBob; 23.05.2020 at 10:11.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23.05.2020, 12:16
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 10,710
Groaned at 165 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 11,978 Times in 6,294 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Which reminds me, it's probably been more than a year since I washed mine. On the other hand there was no snow, so there was no salt, so there is no need for it.

Also it stood out in the rain for two nights and a day while they cleaned the garage squeaky clean. It looked quiet pretty after.

OP, you be careful about washing your car at home. There are looooaaads of rules about that. The droplets on your fender will be the least of your problems.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 23.05.2020, 22:21
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
Which reminds me, it's probably been more than a year since I washed mine. On the other hand there was no snow, so there was no salt, so there is no need for it.

Also it stood out in the rain for two nights and a day while they cleaned the garage squeaky clean. It looked quiet pretty after.

OP, you be careful about washing your car at home. There are looooaaads of rules about that. The droplets on your fender will be the least of your problems.
Huh... I better write to my municipality then if I'm allowed to wash my car... Odd why the shops of full of products to wash your car with, no?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23.05.2020, 22:22
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

I did find a company that sells this resin tank and the same.. Also, you can use it to clean your windows...

https://www.strato.ch/filterpatronen.htm
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23.05.2020, 22:45
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 10,710
Groaned at 165 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 11,978 Times in 6,294 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
Huh... I better write to my municipality then if I'm allowed to wash my car... Odd why the shops of full of products to wash your car with, no?
It's about you letting all those products run down into the gutter while washing your car.
You can always go to one of these self-wash-boxes. You can spend all afternoon there and not worry about environmental rules, all covered there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25.05.2020, 09:51
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
It's about you letting all those products run down into the gutter while washing your car.
You can always go to one of these self-wash-boxes. You can spend all afternoon there and not worry about environmental rules, all covered there.
That's a good point. I could hand wash it there and then just rinse it off...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 26.05.2020, 15:40
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Just thought I would throw this out there.... If washing your car with soap is bad for the environment (depends on product I guess) then is washing your windows equally bad? Could we say not use the same soap they use for windows?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26.05.2020, 16:12
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 14,520
Groaned at 457 Times in 363 Posts
Thanked 20,250 Times in 8,397 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
Just thought I would throw this out there.... If washing your car with soap is bad for the environment (depends on product I guess) then is washing your windows equally bad? Could we say not use the same soap they use for windows?
Whether you can wash your car outside your property depends on whether the outside drains run into the storm drains or into the normal sewage drains.

If the former then it is not allowed.

If the latter then the half cap full of car shampoo is going the same way as the buckets of bleach, loo cleaner, floor cleaner and so on that gets washed down the drain along with raw sewage.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26.05.2020, 16:58
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Posts: 164
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
plm987sdf has made some interesting contributions
Re: Spot free car wash at home....

Quote:
View Post
Whether you can wash your car outside your property depends on whether the outside drains run into the storm drains or into the normal sewage drains.

If the former then it is not allowed.

If the latter then the half cap full of car shampoo is going the same way as the buckets of bleach, loo cleaner, floor cleaner and so on that gets washed down the drain along with raw sewage.
Sounds good.. I've dropped a note to my commune also to ask.. I'm going to check where this train runs across my driveway also..
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FREE] - Various home items - [Oerlikon/ZH] tigereyeali Free stuff 2 26.01.2017 09:01
Jet wash/Car wash in Basel? Keefyd Transportation/driving 13 28.06.2012 19:16
Handsome rooster FREE to a good home (in Au ZH) nessy Pet corner 18 07.06.2011 08:53
Rat babies, FREE to a good home LouHunter Pet corner 44 06.06.2011 22:25
For cat owners. FREE E-bon from coop ( print at home) Lali81 Pet corner 2 04.12.2009 22:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0