Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17.01.2021, 12:21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: switzerland
Posts: 53
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Aneedabath has become a little unpopularAneedabath has become a little unpopular
SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

Hi All,

Now that we are on a lockdown from 18th Jan to 28th Feb, does anyone know if SBB will be refunding GA card holders similar to last year?

I was planning on cancelling my GA Card altogether and start all over again in Mar or Apr as Iíve used most of the 30 days holiday period, but it seems you need to give them 1 monthís notice for cancellation so that avenue is not an option.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Aneedabath for this post:
  #2  
Old 17.01.2021, 12:23
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,608
Groaned at 2,592 Times in 1,849 Posts
Thanked 39,703 Times in 18,717 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

What lockdown?

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 17.01.2021, 12:26
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,768
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,284 Times in 5,664 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

Now that we are on a lockdown from 18th Jan to 28th Feb, does anyone know if SBB will be refunding GA card holders similar to last year?

I was planning on cancelling my GA Card altogether and start all over again in Mar or Apr as Iíve used most of the 30 days holiday period, but it seems you need to give them 1 monthís notice for cancellation so that avenue is not an option.
There's no travel lockdown within Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 17.01.2021, 12:28
stephen_NE's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Luzern
Posts: 1,516
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1,594 Times in 758 Posts
stephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

Now that we are on a lockdown from 18th Jan to 28th Feb, does anyone know if SBB will be refunding GA card holders similar to last year?
I doubt it, given that the home office recommendation has been in place for a long time now, giving most people time to decide whether or not to renew.
I got caught out last year - renewed my GA in February, started home office on 12th March and have only used the train two or three times since then. Now it has just come up for renewal and I have cancelled it. I will order a new one when we are finally back in the office.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank stephen_NE for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 17.01.2021, 22:10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: switzerland
Posts: 53
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Aneedabath has become a little unpopularAneedabath has become a little unpopular
Re: SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

I understand there not being travel lockdown but the government has obliged us not to go to the office, so our GA is redundant.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18.01.2021, 16:36
eng_ch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Up where the air is clear
Posts: 1,791
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,808 Times in 912 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SBB Refund 2021 refund for GA Card Holders?

Quote:
View Post
I doubt it, given that the home office recommendation has been in place for a long time now, giving most people time to decide whether or not to renew.
I got caught out last year - renewed my GA in February, started home office on 12th March and have only used the train two or three times since then. Now it has just come up for renewal and I have cancelled it. I will order a new one when we are finally back in the office.
I'll see your Feb and raise you the morning of 9 Mar - on the evening of which Italy went into lockdown . Thankfully I was monthly so I cancelled mine when we went back to WFH in mid Oct, but I was stuck with the 4 month min. term (which they've increased to 6 now). I managed to get the 15 days refund and 30 days suspension, but managed a total of 9 days in the office last year in the end, and used the GA much more to get to band rehearsals. Might as well use it since I had it
__________________
Charter our yacht in Greece
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank eng_ch for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
general abonnement, refund, sbb, sbb refund




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax refund rashmie Finance/banking/taxation 27 22.09.2016 19:19
Swiss Tax Refund - did you ever rec'v your refund? jrabbit Daily life 15 27.04.2016 08:53
Refund unused portion of GA card leaving switzerland ngweesim Leaving Switzerland 4 30.06.2014 11:04
Returning My Half Fare Card for a Refund ( Halbtax ) baba tenor Transportation/driving 10 05.01.2014 21:45
Refund of train fare if forgot half-price card smackerjack Transportation/driving 5 19.03.2008 01:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0