Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03.08.2021, 11:16
Ferkel's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 116
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Ferkel is considered knowledgeableFerkel is considered knowledgeableFerkel is considered knowledgeable
Motorbike L-Plates

I hope this is not a silly question but I have done a lot of research and haven't yet found a clear answer.

I want to do the A1 125cc license. I have a B license and my provisional A1 should arrive anytime.

Once I receive the provisional license, can I legally ride on roads with L-plates, BEFORE I do my Grundkurs?

I think the answer is yes but I simply cannot find a clear statement. It's troubling me as in the UK I had to do my CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) before I could ride my bike on the road (Oh how I wish I'd invested the time back then to do the full exam ).

If the answer to the above is yes, does anyone have experience of hiring a motorbike for practice before the course and for use on the course? I have found a few places willing to rent to learner riders, but again it's not clear if a true "learner" is someone who has completed the Grundkurs or not.
Reply With Quote
Old 03.08.2021, 11:43
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,715
Groaned at 2,626 Times in 1,868 Posts
Thanked 39,825 Times in 18,784 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Motorbike L-Plates


You need to do the course within 4 months or so, but AFTER you have learned to ride.

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorbike greycard and license plates edfollett Transportation/driving 4 02.07.2016 07:06
New motorbike plates for used bike Chospo Transportation/driving 7 08.08.2014 11:26
Buying a used car: Swiss plates or French plates? greengrass10 Transportation/driving 5 11.03.2013 15:02
Cost of licence plates for 50cc motorbike? gypsyspears Transportation/driving 8 14.03.2011 09:11
How to export a Motorbike from UK to CH/DE plates Miss-Lizzy Transportation/driving 3 18.12.2009 08:33

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0