Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:25
29eleven's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 161
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
29eleven has no particular reputation at present
Anschluss billette

Hi!

Anyone knows if there are self-validating add-on zone tickets (Anchlussbillette) available? I searched the SBB site and can't seem to find anything. I frequently travel with my monthly pass, but sometimes need to add on a few zones. The bus & train times give me only a few minutes and most of the time when I buy the add on tickets, I have to run for the train.

It would be nice if I can pre buy these tickets and validate it at the machine at the gleis which the train arrives at.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 76
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 22 Times in 11 Posts
mbaaspirant has made some interesting contributions
Re: Anschluss billette

You can buy it from any VBZ offices

Pls find more info here

http://www.zvv.ch/en/tickets/tickets...ay-passes.html

Thse are multiple day or single journey passes and can be selected as per zone you need

You can buy them and use at your ease
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:39
29eleven's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 161
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
29eleven has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
You can buy it from any VBZ offices

Pls find more info here

http://www.zvv.ch/en/tickets/tickets...ay-passes.html

Thse are multiple day or single journey passes and can be selected as per zone you need

You can buy them and use at your ease
Thanks, but I think that's not the add-on tickets I was referring to. I have a monthly pass that covers two zones and if I want to travel to a zone that is out of the validity of my pass, I would need to get an add-on card which covers the extra zones. This is called an anschluss billette, which I usually buy at the machine. I was wondering if they have these tickets which I can validate at the validating machine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:41
tomcat's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stewdguard, Germany
Posts: 2,051
Groaned at 45 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 929 Times in 609 Posts
tomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

29eleven ... I've looked on the ZVV Web site because I too have a need for Anschlussbillette 1-2 Zonen every now and then.

The Web site does not appear to sell a multiple Anschlussbillett ticket that one would validate when needed.

I might head to the ZVV office at Paradeplatz after work to inquire ...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank tomcat for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:43
DHP DHP is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: zug
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 25 Posts
DHP has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Go to this link - yes you can buy Anschlussbillette in advance:

http://www.zvv.ch/de/tickets/tickets...ssbillett.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank DHP for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:48
29eleven's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 161
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
29eleven has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
Go to this link - yes you can buy Anschlussbillette in advance:

http://www.zvv.ch/de/tickets/tickets...ssbillett.html
Thanks DHP! U rock!

here's the one in english:

http://www.zvv.ch/en/tickets/tickets...e-upgrade.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20.10.2008, 14:48
DHP DHP is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: zug
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 50 Times in 25 Posts
DHP has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Maybe I am not understanding the question - but an Anschlussbillett can also be bought in advance and just needs to be validated when used - wouldn't that be what he wants? Whether it is a multiple or several single, what would it matter. He would have his "Anschluss" and would only need to validate it. Seems it would serve the same purpose - but then again, maybe I still don't understand....

Anschlussbillette können auch am Schalter im Voraus gekauft werden (zum Entwerten).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20.10.2008, 15:10
tomcat's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stewdguard, Germany
Posts: 2,051
Groaned at 45 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 929 Times in 609 Posts
tomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

You can buy singles ahead of time, but no multiples (which would save money).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20.10.2008, 15:11
29eleven's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 161
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
29eleven has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
You can buy singles ahead of time, but no multiples (which would save money).
It's good enough for me as it saves me some running . Just have to remember to validate it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20.10.2008, 15:12
dmk's Avatar
dmk dmk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 74
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
dmk has earned some respectdmk has earned some respect
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
Maybe I am not understanding the question - but an Anschlussbillett can also be bought in advance and just needs to be validated when used - wouldn't that be what he wants? Whether it is a multiple or several single, what would it matter. He would have his "Anschluss" and would only need to validate it. Seems it would serve the same purpose - but then again, maybe I still don't understand....

Anschlussbillette können auch am Schalter im Voraus gekauft werden (zum Entwerten).
Anytime I have bought an Anschluss (I have a zone 10 and zone 50 abo but when I need to go to the airport I need an extra zone) and so I always have to buy them at the start of the actual trip - meaning needing coins ans such. The ones sold in the machines at the stops are just good for the trip you are currently making as they are time-stamped. It would be good if you could buy a pack of 10, say, and then just quickly validate one of them in the machines when you need them rather than digging around for coins (particularly as half the time I only just realise when I am waiting at the Hbf for the train to leave that I haven't bought an Anschluss).
__________________
Hope.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21.10.2008, 15:24
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,361
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 26,264 Times in 11,001 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, but I think that's not the add-on tickets I was referring to. I have a monthly pass that covers two zones and if I want to travel to a zone that is out of the validity of my pass, I would need to get an add-on card which covers the extra zones. This is called an anschluss billette, which I usually buy at the machine. I was wondering if they have these tickets which I can validate at the validating machine.
you can get tickets for any zone you like from a ZVV sales office. All you have to do is stamp them. You don't actually have to stamp them in the zone in which they are valid. So you can stamp them at the start of your journey for example. You can get them as individual tickets but also the multi-versions. Just forhet about the "Anschluss" bit. You're making things unnecessarily complicated by insisting on that. So for example if you frequently need zone 21, you by a "Tageswahlkartre Zone 21" at the ZVV or SBB sales office or even one of the touch-screen machines. On a day you have to go into zone 21, you stamp this at the ticket machine at the start of your journey (or on the bus if it is a bus that has validators, check this before travelling though). It doesn't matter that the machine is outside zone 21 as the validity is defined by the ticket and time of validation, not the place of validation. You could even stamp it in basel or Lugano if you like, though it probably woudn't make much sense. The ticket will then cover you for a day, ie, cover you for the journey out and the journey home.

For example, my GF has a Regenbogen for Zürich zone 10. Sometimes she catches the train from Basel to ZH airport, and catches a bus at the airport to Kloten. So she buys a regular train ticket to ZH Altstetten (first stop in Zone 10), uses her Regenbogen from there and stamps her Zone 21 in Basel before starting the journey. This covers her from end to end.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 09.05.2012, 10:38
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ZH
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lukaszg has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Does anybody know how this ticket works when you have monthly pass for multiple zones?

Lets say I have a monthly pass for 10 and 50:
http://www.zvv.ch/en/routes-and-zone...zone-plan.html.

Does it matter where I buy an extension (if it is 10 or 50 - i.e. I can travel within extra 2 zone distance from the location of machine)?

I want to travel to airport (zone 21), then next day I want to go to Uetliberg (zones 54 and 55) and use Felsenegg cable car (zone 51). If I wanted to buy separate tickets for each of these journey I would always buy 1-2 zones extension.
Does it mean I can simply buy one extension (1-2 zones) valid for 24 hours? All my destinations are at most 2 zones away from zones on my monthly pass.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09.05.2012, 10:42
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ZH
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lukaszg has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

Felsenegg cable car is 55, not 51.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09.05.2012, 12:02
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,778
Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
Does anybody know how this ticket works when you have monthly pass for multiple zones?

Lets say I have a monthly pass for 10 and 50:
http://www.zvv.ch/en/routes-and-zone...zone-plan.html.

Does it matter where I buy an extension (if it is 10 or 50 - i.e. I can travel within extra 2 zone distance from the location of machine)?

I want to travel to airport (zone 21), then next day I want to go to Uetliberg (zones 54 and 55) and use Felsenegg cable car (zone 51). If I wanted to buy separate tickets for each of these journey I would always buy 1-2 zones extension.
Does it mean I can simply buy one extension (1-2 zones) valid for 24 hours? All my destinations are at most 2 zones away from zones on my monthly pass.
The extension is valid on all sides of your existing ticket. Its validity does not depend on the machine but on the base ticket.
. A Zone 10 plus an 1-2 Zone extension allows free travel in 11,12,17,21,22,23,30,40,41,50,51,54,55,84. Pretty neat.

PS: Felsenegg cable car is from Zone 50 to 51.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09.05.2012, 14:12
piazza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Küsnacht ZH
Posts: 449
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 271 Times in 128 Posts
piazza has made some interesting contributions
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
The extension is valid on all sides of your existing ticket. Its validity does not depend on the machine but on the base ticket.
. A Zone 10 plus an 1-2 Zone extension allows free travel in 11,12,17,21,22,23,30,40,41,50,51,54,55,84. Pretty neat.

PS: Felsenegg cable car is from Zone 50 to 51.
is this in writing somewhere?

I have a feeling not all inspectors will be versed on this...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09.05.2012, 14:31
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ZH
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lukaszg has no particular reputation at present
Re: Anschluss billette

I spoke with ZVV hotline and they confirmed that.

They told, that there is no information about zone numbers on extension ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 21.05.2012, 08:55
piazza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Küsnacht ZH
Posts: 449
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 271 Times in 128 Posts
piazza has made some interesting contributions
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
I spoke with ZVV hotline and they confirmed that.

They told, that there is no information about zone numbers on extension ticket.
still wouldnt mind it in writing somewhere. Would print it out and have it with me.

According to this info, if I had a zone 10 abo and I wanted to travel from Küsnacht ZH to Affoltern am Albis i would only need a 1 - 2 zone extension instead of a 3 zone extension. I'd be almost certain that some inspectors would try to pin me for it if I only had a 1-2 zone extension....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21.05.2012, 09:47
Mark75's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: by the lake (either one)
Posts: 2,510
Groaned at 45 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,363 Posts
Mark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
According to this info, if I had a zone 10 abo and I wanted to travel from Küsnacht ZH to Affoltern am Albis i would only need a 1 - 2 zone extension instead of a 3 zone extension. I'd be almost certain that some inspectors would try to pin me for it if I only had a 1-2 zone extension....
What makes you believe that you only need a 1-2 zone extension for Affoltern am Albis?

If you look at the ZVV zone plan (PDF) you'll see that Affoltern is in zone 56 and to get there from zone 10 you need to travel either via zones 54 and 55 or via zones 50 and 51. Traveling via zone 55 only (I guess that's what you had in mind) will not work as there is no direct connection between zones 10 and 55.

EDIT: Otherwise aSwissInTheUS and lukaszg are right. There's no need to get something in writing, because unlike regular tickets, an extension ticket doesn't list the zones it's valid in but the number of additional zones it covers beyond the original ticket. All the ticket inspector cares about, is whether your ticket is valid in the zone(s) you're traveling in at the time of the inspection. It doesn't matter if you already used the extension ticket on the other side of zone 10.

Last edited by Mark75; 21.05.2012 at 10:33.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21.05.2012, 13:16
piazza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Küsnacht ZH
Posts: 449
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 271 Times in 128 Posts
piazza has made some interesting contributions
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
What makes you believe that you only need a 1-2 zone extension for Affoltern am Albis?

If you look at the ZVV zone plan (PDF) you'll see that Affoltern is in zone 56 and to get there from zone 10 you need to travel either via zones 54 and 55 or via zones 50 and 51. Traveling via zone 55 only (I guess that's what you had in mind) will not work as there is no direct connection between zones 10 and 55.
Ok bad example (didnt look that closely). Lets use Horgen instead. But im sure you get what I mean in any case...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 21.05.2012, 13:23
Mark75's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: by the lake (either one)
Posts: 2,510
Groaned at 45 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,363 Posts
Mark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anschluss billette

Quote:
View Post
Ok bad example (didnt look that closely). Lets use Horgen instead. But im sure you get what I mean in any case...
If you have a zone 10 pass and want to go from Küsnacht to Horgen (via Zürich) you need the 1-2 zone extension ticket, since Küsnacht is one zone from zone 10 and Horgen is two zones from zone 10, i.e. you're never more than 2 zones away from zone 10.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
add on, anschlussbillette, ticket




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0