English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Transportation/driving (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/)
-   -   Car Vignette for 2009 (https://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/36874-car-vignette-2009-a.html)

clive7 26.11.2008 12:01

Car Vignette for 2009
 
2009 vignettes will be on sale soon. Where is the best place to buy them at a discount price?

möpp 26.11.2008 12:02

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
:confused: It's a tax on your car and I don't think that the Swiss Gov't "does" discounts

southie 26.11.2008 12:10

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clive7 (Post 355705)
2009 vignettes will be on sale soon. Where is the best place to buy them at a discount price?

:wtf::lol:
Your not serious!

CH_Me 26.11.2008 12:11

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Denner usually gives you a discount on the bike Vignette when you spend over a certain amount, so check them out.

Verbier 26.11.2008 12:12

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clive7 (Post 355705)
2009 vignettes will be on sale soon. Where is the best place to buy them at a discount price?

I think that Denner normally discounts them CHF 5 if you buy for more than CHF 100 (not including booze and cigs). This is from memory.

Look for the ads as of next week since the vignettes go on sale as of Dec. 1st only.

As a reminder, you can run with your 2008 vignette until the end of January 2009.

clive7 26.11.2008 12:14

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Yes, of course I am serious. For the last few years they have been on sale at supermarket cash outs in Vaud with a discount for a month or so before the February changeover date.

Nathu 26.11.2008 12:24

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Maybe it is part of some membership packages from the touring clubs. But no strings attached I don't think somebody will offer it under 40 Fr.

DC_in_Hombi 26.11.2008 12:56

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Buy a new car they normally come free of charge.

DC

Nickj 26.11.2008 13:01

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbier (Post 355714)
I think that Denner normally discounts them CHF 5 if you buy for more than CHF 100 (not including booze and cigs). This is from memory.

Look for the ads as of next week since the vignettes go on sale as of Dec. 1st only.

As a reminder, you can run with your 2008 vignette until the end of January 2009.

It's true, last year and I think the year before Denner were offering them for CHF35 with CHF100 of goods, beer and wine was OK but not hard liquor or cigs.
I remember that there was some debate on this as they were in fact discounting a tax, however they countered by saying that they bought the vignettes at the full price and were selling them with a CHF5 loss. They were able to continue with the offer but I wonder if it will work again this year?
Just wait a few weeks to see before buying your vignette at the "full price"

möpp 26.11.2008 13:10

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_in_Hombi (Post 355761)
Buy a new car they normally come free of charge.

DC

Expensive vignette!:msncrazy:

DC_in_Hombi 26.11.2008 13:17

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by möpp (Post 355788)
Expensive vignette!:msncrazy:

If you are looking to save money on a SFr40 ticket that last 1 year surly you can’t be serious.

Maybe buy cheap snow tyres as well you can save more than SFr5 there. You may have a few extra shunts but what the hell you saved some money?.

Maybe dont buy one at all and hope you dont get caught and if you do not more than once in 3 years (3 x 40 = SFr120 ticket)

DC

Guest 26.11.2008 13:17

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Don't use the highways and therefore you can save yourself Sfr 40.-- by not buying a vignette..................big deal....

möpp 26.11.2008 13:20

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_in_Hombi (Post 355797)
If you are looking to save money on a SFr40 ticket that last 1 year surly you can’t be serious.

Maybe buy cheap snow tyres as well you can save more than SFr5 there. You may have a few extra shunts but what the hell you saved some money?.

Maybe dont buy one at all and hope you dont get caught and if you do not more than once in 3 years (3 x 40 = SFr120 ticket)

DC

DC: I think you misunderstood me completely. My point was that if the OP is looking to get a discount on a CHF 40.00 vignette (which I personally think is extremely good value for money in comparison to driving in France or Italy), then it's NOT going to be an option for him to get a new car with a "free" vignette.

Guest 26.11.2008 13:22

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clive7 (Post 355705)
2009 vignettes will be on sale soon. Where is the best place to buy them at a discount price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by southie (Post 355711)
:wtf::lol:
Your not serious!

Actually, a lot of companies get them free from suppliers as a kind of Christmas gift. We always get a couple from my husband's company's suppliers and give them to family members. Maybe we could flog them on the EF for a discount. :msncool:

digg 26.11.2008 13:28

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_in_Hombi (Post 355797)
If you are looking to save money on a SFr40 ticket that last 1 year surly you can’t be serious.

I believe he was joking when he said "expensive vignette" (in response to buying a new car to get one for free).

If someone can save a couple of francs if it was an easy option then why not. No need to go on about it. I would if it wasn't going out of my way.

DC_in_Hombi 27.11.2008 12:34

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rdiggle (Post 355807)
I believe he was joking when he said "expensive vignette" (in response to buying a new car to get one for free).

Not if you are buying a Kia, A Vinettes would be the most valuable extra.

Sorry I find this a very strange post; I would drive past Aldi to go to Migros just to get a bit of quality and not to stand amongst people with a personal hygiene problems. 5 francs or no 5 francs.



DC

superted 27.11.2008 13:06

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_in_Hombi (Post 356531)
I would drive past Aldi to go to Migros just to get a bit of quality
DC

i don't get. What's that got to do with the price of a 'Vignette'?
u funny man u.
peace

snowboardspice 27.11.2008 15:12

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbier (Post 355714)
I think that Denner normally discounts them CHF 5 if you buy for more than CHF 100 (not including booze and cigs). This is from memory.

Look for the ads as of next week since the vignettes go on sale as of Dec. 1st only.

As a reminder, you can run with your 2008 vignette until the end of January 2009.

do you know if i buy one on the 1st is it also valid?? I am buying a car next week and dont really want to buy a 2008 sticker for one month!!

baris 27.11.2008 15:19

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snowboardspice (Post 356653)
do you know if i buy one on the 1st is it also valid?? I am buying a car next week and dont really want to buy a 2008 sticker for one month!!

It is valid from 01.12.2008 to 31.01.2010.

danm3 27.11.2008 15:24

Re: Car Vignette for 2009
 
I don't understand why people are being so hostile?

The OP asked whether there was the possibility of purchasing a discounted vignette from somewhere, and was then told yes you in fact can purchase one if you spend 100CHF at Denner.

Why do so many people find is so strange that the OP may want to know this?

Far too many clever clogs-type people on here :msncrazy: :confused: :rolleyes:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0