Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17.04.2007, 22:19
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Suisse Romande
Posts: 499
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 90 Posts
eireann has made some interesting contributions
Importing car from EU country (not UK or IRL) - TÜV and insurance question

I´m planning to take my German registered car with me to CH - bad luck for me, I have to take the German TÜV (control and emission test) just a few months before I leave for CH. Now, my dilemma is whether to hold out a little and get an insurance for foreign registered car (prob more expensive or is this just for cars coming from UK or IRL?) or get CH plates and CH insurance. From what I´ve read my car will have to undergo another TÜV to get the CH plates. Does anyone know if the German TÜV is also valid in CH?
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Insurance FAQs heather Insurance 467 15.10.2020 13:08
Car insurance for a UK car, not intending to import nicnac Transportation/driving 21 11.02.2009 14:28
A question of insurance? larrylizzard Permits/visas/government 4 18.04.2007 12:26
Insurance and insurance companies mark Complaints corner 5 16.01.2006 21:38

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0