Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Transportation/driving  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 29.07.2011, 11:44
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

Quote:
View Post
I think I triggered one today by only 5-6km more...I was doing 55-56 in a 50 zone...No flash but small red laser once or twice...Immediately slowed down to pass it but have a feeling it was for me even though there was traffic around me.

Will see.
And a month later I got the nice letter from the Police. My suspicion was right, I got the fine for speeding, but it was not for 5-6 km more as I thought initially. I had a speed in excess of 1 (with letters, ONE) km per hour. 40 CHF for my dangerous and outrages speeding by 1 (again, one) km per hour.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 29.07.2011, 11:55
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,216
Groaned at 2,453 Times in 1,775 Posts
Thanked 39,301 Times in 18,523 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

It's one because they take off three or four.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 29.07.2011, 11:55
Yopo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 317
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 248 Times in 134 Posts
Yopo has earned some respectYopo has earned some respect
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

Quote:
View Post
And a month later I got the nice letter from the Police. My suspicion was right, I got the fine for speeding, but it was not for 5-6 km more as I thought initially. I had a speed in excess of 1 (with letters, ONE) km per hour. 40 CHF for my dangerous and outrages speeding by 1 (again, one) km per hour.
I believe they allow for some tolerance, hence the smaller value. Still,what a hassle! Good news is that it is "only" 40chf
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 29.07.2011, 11:55
Village Idiot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 3,700
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 6,966 Times in 2,251 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

Quote:
View Post
And a month later I got the nice letter from the Police. My suspicion was right, I got the fine for speeding, but it was not for 5-6 km more as I thought initially. I had a speed in excess of 1 (with letters, ONE) km per hour. 40 CHF for my dangerous and outrages speeding by 1 (again, one) km per hour.
In which case, you were probably right -- you were speeding by 5-10km over the limit. The penalty for 1km will include the standard deduction of 3/5/7km (depending on the type of camera), so in reality, you were travelling at 54/56/58km/h.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,894
Groaned at 97 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,932 Times in 921 Posts
Anthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony1406 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

just passed one today. going 140 ish in 120 (highway)
No flash (maybe I missed it) though so i HOPE he was just getting ready to pack up.....
got dutch plates though....
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:30
V__'s Avatar
V__ V__ is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,511
Groaned at 384 Times in 215 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 866 Posts
V__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond reputeV__ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

You are right, there is margin of error they apply, so truth is I have been going 54-55 in a 50 zone.

In the back of the paper there is a form to fill for the driver...Is this only when another person is driving someone's car? The fine is on my name, the car was mobility...I just pay by bank wire the money with the reference number and that's it or I have to give it back filled in?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:43
cannnuck's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 55
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
cannnuck has become a little unpopularcannnuck has become a little unpopular
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

well it think it would be easier if you just check out these websites
and tell me if you wanna thank me or not

http://www.bussenkatalog.ch/bussen

http://www.autoo.ch/Verkehrsinfo/info_Bussenliste.pdf

have fun checking the 2nd one out
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannnuck for this useful post:
  #68  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:45
cannnuck's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 55
Groaned at 11 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
cannnuck has become a little unpopularcannnuck has become a little unpopular
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

just pay the fine, no filling out


Quote:
View Post
You are right, there is margin of error they apply, so truth is I have been going 54-55 in a 50 zone.

In the back of the paper there is a form to fill for the driver...Is this only when another person is driving someone's car? The fine is on my name, the car was mobility...I just pay by bank wire the money with the reference number and that's it or I have to give it back filled in?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannnuck for this useful post:
  #69  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:49
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,601
Groaned at 569 Times in 483 Posts
Thanked 20,832 Times in 10,944 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

Quote:
View Post
You are right, there is margin of error they apply, so truth is I have been going 54-55 in a 50 zone.

In the back of the paper there is a form to fill for the driver...Is this only when another person is driving someone's car? The fine is on my name, the car was mobility...I just pay by bank wire the money with the reference number and that's it or I have to give it back filled in?
Usually they do not want the drivers name for these small fines so you do not have to complete the reverse side of the form. Keeps your record clean
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #70  
Old 29.07.2011, 12:59
litespeed's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dietikon ZH
Posts: 2,244
Groaned at 20 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,016 Posts
litespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond reputelitespeed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

The fines and administrative actions in detail have been covered before.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank litespeed for this useful post:
  #71  
Old 02.08.2011, 23:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Luzern
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
yahoobb has no particular reputation at present
Re: Red flash speeding camera?

According to my experience in ZH and Bern, as long as your speeding stays within a certain range you will be just to ask a certain fee and your license will be not revoked. Even if this happens more than twice within a year.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flash Chat smackerjack Daily life 112 09.03.2017 19:50
Speed cameras - tunnels? Red flash? kutyafal Transportation/driving 12 08.12.2007 00:34
Addictive flash game litespeed General off-topic 3 11.05.2006 23:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0