English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Travel/day trips/free time (https://www.englishforum.ch/travel-day-trips-free-time/)
-   -   When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice. (https://www.englishforum.ch/travel-day-trips-free-time/218932-when-you-have-been-everywhere-nice-you-need-some-spice.html)

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 18:06

When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
If one has seen all the nice place, only the bad and the ugly ones are the good ones left.

So which ones are the worst places in Switzerland/Europe? Those which you would recommend your MIL or your Swiss neighbor? The places not worth a blink of an eye nor a stop to take a piss?

J.Marple 03.10.2014 18:22

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
2 Attachment(s)
This used to be a pretty fishing village.

jacek 03.10.2014 18:34

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2252200)
If one has seen all the nice place, only the bad and the ugly ones are the good ones left.

So which ones are the worst places in Switzerland/Europe? Those which you would recommend your MIL or your Swiss neighbor? The places not worth a blink of an eye nor a stop to take a piss?

I assume she might like it too much that she will never want to go back ... and it's budget :D

http://images.smh.com.au/2014/10/02/...pg-620x349.jpg

Phos 03.10.2014 18:34

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Mont Saint-Michel is surreal and dreamy. Taking a hike in the wet soft sand during low-tide can cause you to forget which century you live in, meaning it is very trippy.

Paris is a toilet! Spanish Riviera and the Balearics - avoid the drunk British kids!

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 18:45

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phos (Post 2252215)
Mont Saint-Michel is surreal and dreamy.

Please, no nice places on this thread. ;) Seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phos (Post 2252215)
Paris is a toilet! Spanish Riviera and the Balearics - avoid the drunk British kids!

That's a tad unspecific.

Phil_MCR 03.10.2014 18:49

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Basel?

Phos 03.10.2014 18:54

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phos (Post 2252215)
Paris is a toilet! Spanish Riviera and the Balearics - avoid the drunk British kids!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2252220)
That's a tad unspecific.

Witnessed:

Human beings actually taking a crap on a sidewalk in Paris... and the smell... :msnsick:

Barf all over the sidewalks of Magaluf. British kids reported to fall off balconies to their death in Mallorca.

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 18:57

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phos (Post 2252223)
Witnessed:

Human beings actually taking a crap on a sidewalk in Paris... and the smell... :msnsick:

Call that and raise a : Just next to the restaurant with outdoor siting.

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 18:58

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_MCR (Post 2252221)
Basel?

U(l)ster?

Dougal's Breakfast 03.10.2014 19:05

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Are you after "rough and full of character" (Athens, the Black Country, Coventry) or "zombie towns populated by robots" (Pfaffikon SZ, Kuesnacht)?

TiMow 03.10.2014 19:06

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Anywhere NE of the Danube.

porsch1909 03.10.2014 19:10

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
La Chaux de fonds

jacek 03.10.2014 19:10

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Tomorrow I'm traveling from Basel to Dublin by Ryanair but it might be fun though :)

J.Marple 03.10.2014 19:18

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
2 Attachment(s)
I don't know if this qualifies, but you did say places I wouldn't stop to take a piss, so :D

I give you Holy Week in Seville, my idea of hell on earth (if I believed in hell). I find it frightening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Seville

TiMow 03.10.2014 19:21

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Marple (Post 2252239)
I don't know if this qualifies, but you did say places I wouldn't stop to take a piss, so :D

I give you Holy Week in Seville, my idea of hell on earth (if I believed in hell). I find it frightening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Seville

Good to see the KKK is still alive and well, and hiding out in Spain, with all the other crims;)

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 19:23

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougal's Breakfast (Post 2252227)
Are you after "rough and full of character" (Athens, the Black Country, Coventry) or "zombie towns populated by robots" (Pfaffikon SZ, Kuesnacht)?

The why the hell do you want do go there? There is nothing interesting, too dangerous, totally ugly and filthy, too common...

Phos 03.10.2014 19:23

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2252224)
Call that and raise a : Just next to the restaurant with outdoor siting.

Stepping in it! But let's not talk about the pate.

Barcelona:
Pick pockets brazenly stalking their victim, grinning, in full view of the police.

Paris:
A dozen young girls dressed in black with dark rings around their eyes storming subway trains, snatching what they can and running out.

Beggars with sores all over their bodies asking for money with a stolen puppy, cat or baby for sympathy.

Luzern:
Soul-less pedestrians in cold, dead winter who have forgotten how to smile, staring at you.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...-films-001.jpg

TiMow 03.10.2014 19:25

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougal's Breakfast (Post 2252227)
Are you after "rough and full of character" (Athens, the Black Country, Coventry) or "zombie towns populated by robots" (Pfaffikon SZ, Kuesnacht)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2252241)
The why the hell do you want do go there? There is nothing interesting, too dangerous, totally ugly and filthy, too common...

The Black Country it is then, especially if we can include Brownhills/Walsall.

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 19:26

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiMow (Post 2252228)
Anywhere NE of the Danube.

Munich?

Quote:

Originally Posted by porsch1909 (Post 2252232)
La Chaux de fonds

I think one of the only Swiss cities I have never been.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Marple (Post 2252239)
I don't know if this qualifies, but you did say places I wouldn't stop to take a piss, so :D

I give you Holy Week in Seville, my idea of hell on earth (if I believed in hell). I find it frightening.

Did once Lourdes. As tourist. Crazy.

aSwissInTheUS 03.10.2014 19:28

Re: When you have been everywhere nice you need some spice.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TiMow (Post 2252243)
The Black Country it is then, especially if we can include Brownhills/Walsall.

Reminds me that I have the Ruhrpott on my bucket list.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0