Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Travel/day trips/free time  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22.01.2018, 18:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,005
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,002 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Whisky Trail

http://www.appenzell.ch/index.php?id=4305&L=1


Tried it two years ago, loved it! Probably going with some mates again this year. Whisky and Yodel, my two passions!


However good their whisky, it will never beat Scottish Whisky, though...sorry Appenzell, we love you, but we love Scotland that wee bit more!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 22.01.2018, 19:06
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 8,583
Groaned at 252 Times in 205 Posts
Thanked 16,909 Times in 6,948 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whisky Trail

Sounds good, but am I missing something? Is this a one-off event or just a general promotion throughout summer? I can't see any info on the website. Or maybe the mobile version hides it from me; do I have to disturb the passenger next to me on the train by watching the video to learn more?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 22.01.2018, 20:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,005
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,002 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whisky Trail

Quote:
View Post
Sounds good, but am I missing something? Is this a one-off event or just a general promotion throughout summer? I can't see any info on the website. Or maybe the mobile version hides it from me; do I have to disturb the passenger next to me on the train by watching the video to learn more?


I don't know if it's all year round, but it certainly is around in Spring and Summer, the whole time.


Here's more detail:


https://www.myswitzerland.com/en-ch/...isky-trek.html


http://www.saentismalt.com/en/distillery.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank McTAVGE for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 23.01.2018, 09:59
peaky's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: zurich
Posts: 316
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 208 Times in 114 Posts
peaky is considered knowledgeablepeaky is considered knowledgeablepeaky is considered knowledgeable
Re: Whisky Trail

Is 150 CHF for a trek and a tasting not a little expensive?

16.67 per tasting (1dl) along the way. They are hardly getting in the spirit (ignore the pun) of things and encouraging tourism. Its only Swiss salary earners that could realistically consider this trek with the tastings

To buy 3 times 1/2 liter bottles in a presentation box is cheaper on their own web site
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank peaky for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 23.01.2018, 17:29
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 4,005
Groaned at 37 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,002 Posts
McTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond reputeMcTAVGE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whisky Trail

Quote:
View Post
Is 150 CHF for a trek and a tasting not a little expensive?

16.67 per tasting (1dl) along the way. They are hardly getting in the spirit (ignore the pun) of things and encouraging tourism. Its only Swiss salary earners that could realistically consider this trek with the tastings

To buy 3 times 1/2 liter bottles in a presentation box is cheaper on their own web site


I got my way round it: bought a few miniature bottles at Appenzell brewery then knocked a few down when I did a summit...and would come down in the cable cars! A much cheaper option.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23.01.2018, 17:46
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 11,630
Groaned at 290 Times in 247 Posts
Thanked 21,784 Times in 7,936 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whisky Trail

Quote:
View Post
http://www.appenzell.ch/index.php?id=4305&L=1


Tried it two years ago, loved it! Probably going with some mates again this year. Whisky and Yodel, my two passions!


However good their whisky, it will never beat Scottish Whisky, though...sorry Appenzell, we love you, but we love Scotland that wee bit more!
Sounds like something I might enjoy when I am over 50...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whisky Zurich! Guest Entertainment & dining 19 14.01.2014 11:56
Whisky Tasting tmagnus Commercial events 26 03.11.2009 22:23
Whisky Tasting tmagnus Commercial events 0 03.11.2009 15:49
Whisky Tasting tmagnus Commercial events 0 25.10.2009 10:57
Whisky vydetra2 Food and drink 10 16.09.2008 23:06


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0