Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Travel/day trips/free time  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:08
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Ok heres the question, what is your prefered time for a meet...

1. Day time, or evening ...

2. weekday or weekend.

Suggestions and times please... i will go with the majority ...

Please also state your prefered region Basel or Zurich.....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:11
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Hello
i would like to join as well.I stay in zurich ,
I have a new cannon G10 ..want to learn more on it .. especially with spring coming up , swiss is beautiful all seasons
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:18
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Quote:
View Post
Ok heres the question, what is your prefered time for a meet...

1. Day time, or evening ...

2. weekday or weekend.

Suggestions and times please... i will go with the majority ...

Please also state your prefered region Basel or Zurich.....
My preferences are :
Weekends(though not the long weekends like easter, as plan to trip around most of them) time : no preference
Area: Zurich

Thanks for the effort!! Lovely to see something like this getting planned
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:41
10pixels's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Basel
Posts: 216
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 150 Times in 84 Posts
10pixels has no particular reputation at present
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

As a quite a few people plan to be away fro the Easter weekend, I would like to suggest the following as a first introductory meet-up:

Date: Sat. 18 April
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm (??)
Place: Zurich HB or pub TBD

I'm open to suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:53
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,260 Times in 5,479 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

Quote:
View Post
As a quite a few people plan to be away fro the Easter weekend, I would like to suggest the following as a first introductory meet-up:

Date: Sat. 18 April
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm (??)
Place: Zurich HB or pub TBD

I'm open to suggestions.
Helpful suggestion, start a Zurich specific thread since the title of this clearly says "Basel"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:54
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

that was the wholer idea of waiting to see , what preferences there were. Once i have an idea of numbers and prefered times .. ill make a calender entry ..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01.04.2009, 13:55
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

Yes Castro this was the idea, once we know how many ppl from both regions are interested...

Quote:
View Post
Helpful suggestion, start a Zurich specific thread since the title of this clearly says "Basel"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:51
irinaniko's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
irinaniko has no particular reputation at present
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

and what about Basel!? Shell we organize also something here?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:54
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

If you can tell me a suitable place to meet, then ill organise something there as well. As i said i dont know the city well enough to organise a place to meet. But happy to do the organising ...


Quote:
View Post
and what about Basel!? Shell we organize also something here?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:55
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

See calendar entry for dates of Photo meet


Quote:
View Post
As a quite a few people plan to be away fro the Easter weekend, I would like to suggest the following as a first introductory meet-up:

Date: Sat. 18 April
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm (??)
Place: Zurich HB or pub TBD

I'm open to suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:55
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,260 Times in 5,479 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

Quote:
View Post
Yes Castro this was the idea, once we know how many ppl from both regions are interested...
Thanks for taking the initiative, speaking to a handful of people from yesterday's Basel curry night there seemed to be a lot of interest. If you could create an event for Basel I'm hoping people will make it worth your time... its also pretty scenic here so lots to snap
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02.04.2009, 10:56
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Just for you , check the calendar for the meeting time n date ... Look forward to seeing you there .


Quote:
View Post
My preferences are :
Weekends(though not the long weekends like easter, as plan to trip around most of them) time : no preference
Area: Zurich

Thanks for the effort!! Lovely to see something like this getting planned
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:00
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

Yes I will definitely set something up for Basel... Castro
once i have a location to meet , any suggestions ??


Quote:
View Post
Thanks for taking the initiative, speaking to a handful of people from yesterday's Basel curry night there seemed to be a lot of interest. If you could create an event for Basel I'm hoping people will make it worth your time... its also pretty scenic here so lots to snap
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:03
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Quote:
View Post
Just for you , check the calendar for the meeting time n date ... Look forward to seeing you there .

Thank You!!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:10
irinaniko's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 48
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
irinaniko has no particular reputation at present
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

If the weather is nice, we can meet somewhere around the river or behind the Mnster church!?

Attached Thumbnails
basel-digital-photography-school-group-muenster-basel.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02.04.2009, 11:11
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,260 Times in 5,479 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

Quote:
View Post
Yes I will definitely set something up for Basel... Castro
once i have a location to meet , any suggestions ??
We could rent a room at the Basel Centrepoint, that way we have a whiteboard etc.. or we could invade the Starbucks at Basel SBB/Aeshenplatz as they're not usually that busy on a weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02.04.2009, 12:18
Caroline's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Aroond these parts
Posts: 323
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 74 Times in 49 Posts
Caroline has earned some respectCaroline has earned some respect
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Quote:
View Post
Ok heres the question, what is your prefered time for a meet...

1. Day time, or evening ...

2. weekday or weekend.

Suggestions and times please... i will go with the majority ...

Please also state your prefered region Basel or Zurich.....

Woo-hoo, excellent!
I'm in Basel and available Tues, Thurs and Fri in the evenings from 6pm and anytime at the w-end (Sunday preferred)
As per Castros suggestion, Centrepoint might be a good place to meet.
Cheers,
C.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03.04.2009, 11:56
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Zurich - EF digital photography group

k im up for that, castro could you please call them and see about rental costs , and let me know .. if we have to pay rental then of course attendees would have to pay towards this ..

Quote:
View Post
We could rent a room at the Basel Centrepoint, that way we have a whiteboard etc.. or we could invade the Starbucks at Basel SBB/Aeshenplatz as they're not usually that busy on a weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03.04.2009, 11:58
KarlN's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 301 Times in 183 Posts
KarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond reputeKarlN has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

ok we will try for A SUnday in Basel either at centrepoint or starbucks



Quote:
View Post
Woo-hoo, excellent!
I'm in Basel and available Tues, Thurs and Fri in the evenings from 6pm and anytime at the w-end (Sunday preferred)
As per Castros suggestion, Centrepoint might be a good place to meet.
Cheers,
C.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03.04.2009, 12:21
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,260 Times in 5,479 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Basel - digital photography school or group

Quote:
View Post
ok we will try for A SUnday in Basel either at centrepoint or starbucks

Unfortunately Centrepoint are closed on Sunday and only open from 11:00 to 13:00 on the 1st/3rd Saturday of the month With respect to room rates its pretty reasonable at 35CHF a session or free if you make your event open to all Centrepoint members. Of course splitting the rental between attendees is the least we can do.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
photography




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
maternity photography in basel keikopet Family matters/health 2 04.11.2014 16:38
Digital Photography Workshops in English Scott Commercial events 51 23.09.2010 15:19
Digital Photography: Photowalk mark Social events 7 24.09.2007 19:56
Proposal: (digital) photography events mark Social events 61 30.08.2007 12:11
Digital Photo Group in Zurich hard line Social events 21 06.05.2007 14:11


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0