Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29.03.2011, 17:38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 498
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 161 Times in 116 Posts
standardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of many
Thumbs up for Swisscom

I've had Swisscom for my landline and internet for the past year and their service has simply been great. The one time I had to call them regarding a billing issue, the CSR was so nice that it was almost unbelievable! We even chatted over the phone and all in English

Today, I had to phone them to cancel my contract as I am moving with a friend who's got Cablecom. So I called Swisscom, thinking that I will probably need to write a letter to cancel anyway, but only to find out that I don't! Here goes the story...

I called the 0800 number and pressed 4 for English. Entered my home phone number as the system detected my work number as the phone I was calling from. I selected "Customer Service" and then the called went straight through. Absolutely no waiting time! Thumbs up number 1.

CSR: Hello Ms. XXX, how may I help you?
Me: I would like to cancel my phone and internet.
CSR: May I ask you why?
Me: I'm moving.
CSR: Do you need a fixedline at your new place?
Me: Not at the moment.
CSR: Ok, your contract is now cancelled per end of May.
Me: I understand that I need to pay until the end of May, but I am moving out in April. Can you deactivate the service then?
CSR: No problem, your service will be deactivated per xx April. A confirmation letter will be sent to you by post and also by SMS.
Me: (shocked) You have my mobile number for the SMS? (as my mobile is with Orange)
CSR: Yes, I have 078 xxx xx xx on file, is this correct?
Me: Yes.

Great... call over in 5 minutes. Contract cancelled. waiting for the SMS to come now.

I have to say, this is good service and now I am thinking again to stay with Swisscom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank standardgirl for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 29.03.2011, 17:51
gata's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,905
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,708 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thumbs up for Swisscom

Quote:
View Post
I've had Swisscom for my landline and internet for the past year and their service has simply been great. The one time I had to call them regarding a billing issue, the CSR was so nice that it was almost unbelievable! We even chatted over the phone and all in English

Today, I had to phone them to cancel my contract as I am moving with a friend who's got Cablecom. So I called Swisscom, thinking that I will probably need to write a letter to cancel anyway, but only to find out that I don't! Here goes the story...

I called the 0800 number and pressed 4 for English. Entered my home phone number as the system detected my work number as the phone I was calling from. I selected "Customer Service" and then the called went straight through. Absolutely no waiting time! Thumbs up number 1.

CSR: Hello Ms. XXX, how may I help you?
Me: I would like to cancel my phone and internet.
CSR: May I ask you why?
Me: I'm moving.
CSR: Do you need a fixedline at your new place?
Me: Not at the moment.
CSR: Ok, your contract is now cancelled per end of May.
Me: I understand that I need to pay until the end of May, but I am moving out in April. Can you deactivate the service then?
CSR: No problem, your service will be deactivated per xx April. A confirmation letter will be sent to you by post and also by SMS.
Me: (shocked) You have my mobile number for the SMS? (as my mobile is with Orange)
CSR: Yes, I have 078 xxx xx xx on file, is this correct?
Me: Yes.

Great... call over in 5 minutes. Contract cancelled. waiting for the SMS to come now.

I have to say, this is good service and now I am thinking again to stay with Swisscom
Dont count your chickens until they are hatched (or some other proverb)

Nothing is canceled until you receive written confirmation. We have loads of stories like this on the forum. For your sake i hope it was really that easy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29.03.2011, 21:50
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,361
Groaned at 76 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thumbs up for Swisscom

I cancelled a mobile-data abo I had with Swisscom ont he phone, and it was the same thing, very easy. I got a SMS almost instantly, and then a letter a few days later. Swisscom has probably one of the best customer service I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank esto for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 31.03.2011, 09:50
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thumbs up for Swisscom

Quote:
View Post
I cancelled a mobile-data abo I had with Swisscom ont he phone, and it was the same thing, very easy. I got a SMS almost instantly, and then a letter a few days later. Swisscom has probably one of the best customer service I've ever seen.
true, but with their prices, all the CSRs probably sit on gilded chairs, that's why they're so cheerful
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15.04.2011, 11:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 498
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 161 Times in 116 Posts
standardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of manystandardgirl has earned the respect of many
Re: Thumbs up for Swisscom

follow-up... got the cancellatino letter about 5 days after I phoned... On day 4, I called again as I was a bit impatient and worried (since I cancelled over the phone and have no proof). The CSR reassured me that everything is good and that she can send another cancellation letter since I haven't gotten one yet 4 days after my initial call. Then on day 5 I got cancellation letter number 1 and got cancellatino letter number 2 on day 8. Absolutely brilliant service
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank standardgirl for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 17.04.2011, 17:05
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schelpje has no particular reputation at present
Re: Thumbs up for Swisscom

Quote:
View Post
I've had Swisscom for my landline and internet for the past year and their service has simply been great. The one time I had to call them regarding a billing issue, the CSR was so nice that it was almost unbelievable! We even chatted over the phone and all in English

Today, I had to phone them to cancel my contract as I am moving with a friend who's got Cablecom. So I called Swisscom, thinking that I will probably need to write a letter to cancel anyway, but only to find out that I don't! Here goes the story...

I called the 0800 number and pressed 4 for English. Entered my home phone number as the system detected my work number as the phone I was calling from. I selected "Customer Service" and then the called went straight through. Absolutely no waiting time! Thumbs up number 1.

CSR: Hello Ms. XXX, how may I help you?
Me: I would like to cancel my phone and internet.
CSR: May I ask you why?
Me: I'm moving.
CSR: Do you need a fixedline at your new place?
Me: Not at the moment.
CSR: Ok, your contract is now cancelled per end of May.
Me: I understand that I need to pay until the end of May, but I am moving out in April. Can you deactivate the service then?
CSR: No problem, your service will be deactivated per xx April. A confirmation letter will be sent to you by post and also by SMS.
Me: (shocked) You have my mobile number for the SMS? (as my mobile is with Orange)
CSR: Yes, I have 078 xxx xx xx on file, is this correct?
Me: Yes.

Great... call over in 5 minutes. Contract cancelled. waiting for the SMS to come now.

I have to say, this is good service and now I am thinking again to stay with Swisscom
yes the customer service is really good. I ordered Swisscom TV and neither my boyfriend nor I managed to pick up the package from the post on time so it was sent back to them. One quick call and two days later i had the package
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House Alarm, big thumbs up :) bigblue2 General off-topic 4 05.06.2015 10:46
Swisscom 3g seems to be down Alchemy TV/internet/telephone 9 09.11.2010 14:34
3G? Only Swisscom? soulsmile TV/internet/telephone 2 03.06.2010 21:25
Thumbs up for local kindergarten tildaoz Family matters/health 1 16.11.2009 20:54
Any green thumbs in Basel? abzurich Other/general 2 28.05.2009 11:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0