Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.05.2011, 13:51
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,697
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,137 Times in 5,439 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Smartphone insurance?

Orange offer handset insurance for CHF10/mo, which I've had for the last 3 years. Since I'm moving to Swisscom I'd like to continue having some sort of coverage, but I cannot find anything on Swisscom's website. Does anyone know if they offer this, or any reasonably priced third parties?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25.05.2011, 14:07
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,459
Groaned at 175 Times in 122 Posts
Thanked 4,947 Times in 1,902 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smartphone insurance?

Quote:
View Post
Orange offer handset insurance for CHF10/mo, which I've had for the last 3 years. Since I'm moving to Swisscom I'd like to continue having some sort of coverage, but I cannot find anything on Swisscom's website. Does anyone know if they offer this, or any reasonably priced third parties?

Cheers
I can't comment Mr C, but just to say our colleague had the Orange insurance and when he had a problem with his phone (accidental damage) they wouldnt pay. Despite the guy in the shop describing exactly the same type of damage that occurred when he sold it to them.

orange insurance in the UK is crap as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25.05.2011, 14:12
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,697
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,137 Times in 5,439 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smartphone insurance?

Quote:
View Post
I can't comment Mr C, but just to say our colleague had the Orange insurance and when he had a problem with his phone (accidental damage) they wouldnt pay. Despite the guy in the shop describing exactly the same type of damage that occurred when he sold it to them.

orange insurance in the UK is crap as well.
I once read the t&c of the Orange Security (phone insurance) and I think it excludes damage related to negligence e.g. dropping the phone in the bath. However if you fall off your bike and the handset lands in a puddle.. you're covered
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25.05.2011, 15:24
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,361
Groaned at 76 Times in 58 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smartphone insurance?

I think they offer insurance via Helvatia. Not sure. Or maybe that was MobileZone who did that. Anyway, call Swisscom or stop in a store and ask, that would be the best bet
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25.05.2011, 16:12
Geza's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HU
Posts: 55
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Geza has earned some respectGeza has earned some respect
Re: Smartphone insurance?

Are you bound to robbery?

Because I believe mobile insurance is useless. For what a mobile costs nowadays, I wouldn't take it, unless they specify that they will recover all your data from your previous phone and will give you a replacement right away.

But data-backup can be done now with a single click anyway.. so..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.05.2011, 16:21
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,697
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,137 Times in 5,439 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Smartphone insurance?

Quote:
View Post
Are you bound to robbery?

Because I believe mobile insurance is useless. For what a mobile costs nowadays, I wouldn't take it, unless they specify that they will recover all your data from your previous phone and will give you a replacement right away.

But data-backup can be done now with a single click anyway.. so..
A decent smartphone costs circa CHF 700, if its stolen, lost or damaged you'll be very glad you had it. As for data, everything is backed up in the clouds or on my desktop.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to buy a smartphone without a contract? dali TV/internet/telephone 4 07.10.2010 18:37
Palm Pre smartphone Castro TV/internet/telephone 0 09.01.2009 01:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0