Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.10.2011, 16:21
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

My son is going to be on BBC 1 East tomorrow and I would like to have a copy of the programme, his friends here would like to see it too. So I would be really grateful if someone could record it and burn a cd for me. We have satellite so will be able to watch it, but haven't got any type of recording device. I will of course pay for the cd, or alternatively invite you for a Sunday roast dinner, if that is fair. With thanks, GoldK
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23.10.2011, 16:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

what's the program? and what time is it on?

Might be able to download it from iPlayer as a windows media file.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23.10.2011, 16:30
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

It's a programme called inside out, BBC 1 East Cambridgeshire. It will be on at 19.30 uk so 20.30 here.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23.10.2011, 19:15
WelshBoyo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zug
Posts: 153
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 43 Posts
WelshBoyo has earned some respectWelshBoyo has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Which BBC channel exactly is it?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/..._freesat.shtml
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank WelshBoyo for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 23.10.2011, 19:35
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
It's a programme called inside out, BBC 1 East Cambridgeshire. It will be on at 19.30 uk so 20.30 here.
OK, it might not be on iPlayer as they do Inside Out London.

Maybe the item is in both?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23.10.2011, 19:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

You should be able to view it here for 7 days after it is broadcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0071mjk

Not sure if you can download it though.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 23.10.2011, 21:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 854
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,391 Times in 528 Posts
heckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

have put it on to record, but not sure if we get BBC London or BBC East...also precisely no idea how to get it from the UPC recording thingy to a CD...hopefully hubby can work that out!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank heckenhocker for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 23.10.2011, 23:09
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
That would be BBC One East, according to the listing EPG 953. I can get it by satellite but on the iplayer or zatoo you can only get BBC London.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23.10.2011, 23:10
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
OK, it might not be on iPlayer as they do Inside Out London.

Maybe the item is in both?
Inside Out is a regional programme, so it is only on BBC one east!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23.10.2011, 23:11
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
have put it on to record, but not sure if we get BBC London or BBC East...also precisely no idea how to get it from the UPC recording thingy to a CD...hopefully hubby can work that out!
Thank you.

GoldK
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25.10.2011, 20:08
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

You can now watch or download it from the BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...st_24_10_2011/

Or download the .wmv file (plays in windows nedia player)

from here Inside_Out_East_24_10_2011.wmv

Right click the link and then save it to your PC.

The file can then be played and/or copied to a memory stick or CD or whatever.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 27.10.2011, 00:04
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
You can now watch or download it from the BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...st_24_10_2011/

Or download the .wmv file (plays in windows nedia player)

from here Inside_Out_East_24_10_2011.wmv

Right click the link and then save it to your PC.

The file can then be played and/or copied to a memory stick or CD or whatever.
Thank you cran, but I can't get it to work. I tried it on my work computer too and that didn't work either. I have had a glass of wine to see if that would improve my technical abilities, but no luck!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27.10.2011, 10:26
Ed Pummelon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 763
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 327 Times in 202 Posts
Ed Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of many
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
Thank you cran, but I can't get it to work. I tried it on my work computer too and that didn't work either. I have had a glass of wine to see if that would improve my technical abilities, but no luck!
Just right-click on the second link in cran's post (that ends .wmv) and choose Save As... / Save Link As... (it'll be called something similar to that, depending on your browser). It'll ask where you want to save it, choose somewhere easy like your desktop, and wait for it to finish downloading.

Once it's done, you'll have a wmv file on your desktop (or wherever you chose to save it). You can watch it using whatever video player you have on your computer. If it's a Windows computer, I assume you'll have Windows Media Player or whatever they call it these days. VLC is another media player which will play wmv files, if not.

The iPlayer option (cran's first link) may not work if you are not in the UK. There are ways around that, but probably not worth the trouble for just one programme.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27.10.2011, 10:32
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
Just right-click on the second link in cran's post (that ends .wmv) and choose Save As... / Save Link As... (it'll be called something similar to that, depending on your browser). It'll ask where you want to save it, choose somewhere easy like your desktop, and wait for it to finish downloading.

Once it's done, you'll have a wmv file on your desktop (or wherever you chose to save it). You can watch it using whatever video player you have on your computer. If it's a Windows computer, I assume you'll have Windows Media Player or whatever they call it these days. VLC is another media player which will play wmv files, if not.

The iPlayer option (cran's first link) may not work if you are not in the UK. There are ways around that, but probably not worth the trouble for just one programme.
I think that the iplayer files (even wmv) self delete after a number of days.....its built into the copyright code
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27.10.2011, 11:54
Ed Pummelon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 763
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 327 Times in 202 Posts
Ed Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of many
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
I think that the iplayer files (even wmv) self delete after a number of days.....its built into the copyright code
Could well be, however I tried downloading it this morning and it worked fine.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ed Pummelon for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 27.10.2011, 12:18
GoldK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Goldau
Posts: 105
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 82 Times in 38 Posts
GoldK has earned some respectGoldK has earned some respect
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
Just right-click on the second link in cran's post (that ends .wmv) and choose Save As... / Save Link As... (it'll be called something similar to that, depending on your browser). It'll ask where you want to save it, choose somewhere easy like your desktop, and wait for it to finish downloading.

Once it's done, you'll have a wmv file on your desktop (or wherever you chose to save it). You can watch it using whatever video player you have on your computer. If it's a Windows computer, I assume you'll have Windows Media Player or whatever they call it these days. VLC is another media player which will play wmv files, if not.

The iPlayer option (cran's first link) may not work if you are not in the UK. There are ways around that, but probably not worth the trouble for just one programme.
I did all of the above but when I try to open or play it in the windows media player, I get the message "an error occured while delivering the licence to your region".
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 27.10.2011, 12:22
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
I did all of the above but when I try to open or play it in the windows media player, I get the message "an error occured while delivering the licence to your region".
Yes, you need to have a VPN connection for a UK IP address or it won't allow you to play it.

(If you aren't sure what it means, there are several threads here if you search)

But as I said before, be careful - I think it will only last for a few days
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Caviarchips for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 27.10.2011, 12:23
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
Could well be, however I tried downloading it this morning and it worked fine.
It will work for a while - but just because the wmv is on your PC, doesn't mean it will last
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27.10.2011, 13:06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 388
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 240 Times in 124 Posts
Andreas Stofer is considered knowledgeableAndreas Stofer is considered knowledgeableAndreas Stofer is considered knowledgeable
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

I've recorded a 1:1 copy of the satellite stream (if this is the right show?) so no DRM.

Just need some time to figure out the Win 7 built in FTP server. But when I have I'll send you an email with download link.
Attached Thumbnails
sos-would-someone-record-tv-programme-me-inside-out.jpg  
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Andreas Stofer for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 27.10.2011, 13:14
Ed Pummelon's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 763
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 327 Times in 202 Posts
Ed Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of manyEd Pummelon has earned the respect of many
Re: SOS- Would someone record a TV programme for me?

Quote:
View Post
It will work for a while - but just because the wmv is on your PC, doesn't mean it will last
Yes, I understand how it works, I was just trying to reassure the OP that the file is downloadable.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Ed Pummelon for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TV programme potom TV/internet/telephone 3 19.01.2009 09:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0