Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 28.10.2011, 14:23
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

I have to thank Dawiz for the suggestion of trying mobile zone. I managed to nab their last 16Gb black 4S. Colour me happy

Green blobs on their way
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 28.10.2011, 15:10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: basel
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
prits has no particular reputation at present
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
I have to thank Dawiz for the suggestion of trying mobile zone. I managed to nab their last 16Gb black 4S. Colour me happy

Green blobs on their way
that makes two EFs getting it on launch date
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 28.10.2011, 15:14
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
that makes two EFs getting it on launch date
I never pre-ordered though
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 28.10.2011, 22:46
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

they're definitely not selling as quickly as the last version. There are plenty of phones available in the Apple Stores. Digitec also has some in stock, so do most Sunrise and Orange dependencies.

Swisscom seems to be the only company that didn't get enough. They now say that the delivery time for those who didn't receive their phones today will be 3-6 weeks.

Peter
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dawiz for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 28.10.2011, 23:45
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

I can confirm that Orange started sending the iphone 4S since yesterday (for orders placed on the 21st of October), people started receiving their iphones via post this morning. Orange is doing it (first come first serve).
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 29.10.2011, 00:15
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Been with an HTC Android since April 2010. Feels good to be back to Apple. I feel as if when I praised Android I was simply fooling myself.

I know you all don't agree but it's my view. Not wishing to start an iOS versus Android battle.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 29.10.2011, 00:34
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ppsy has no particular reputation at present
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
I can confirm that Orange started sending the iphone 4S since yesterday (for orders placed on the 21st of October), people started receiving their iphones via post this morning. Orange is doing it (first come first serve).
I'm so looking forward to get it but I really doubt it, I mean, I went to check in my mailbox and there was nothing even though I placed my order on 21th +I am a new subscriber, haven't received any sim card or anything by post

I heard that they will inform us via sms before they deliver? so if we don't get sms from them, that means we won't get any parcel soon?? hmmmmmm....
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 29.10.2011, 02:00
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
I'm so looking forward to get it but I really doubt it, I mean, I went to check in my mailbox and there was nothing even though I placed my order on 21th +I am a new subscriber, haven't received any sim card or anything by post

I heard that they will inform us via sms before they deliver? so if we don't get sms from them, that means we won't get any parcel soon?? hmmmmmm....
Yes indeed. Orange usually send a sms after they post in the package. I don't know about your case, maybe by the time you placed your order the 21st, they already had a big list of deliveries, no clue. Hopefully you can get it by Monday or something.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 29.10.2011, 09:42
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
Been with an HTC Android since April 2010. Feels good to be back to Apple. I feel as if when I praised Android I was simply fooling myself.
Personally, I still have my old iPhone lying around, using it with a second SIM. I also have my Android handset. I can't really decide which is better. Both are perfectly suitable for most uses. Android is better if you have GMail or Google Apps account and for Google+ (for whatever reason, Google+ doesn't have a landscape keyboard on the iOS version, which really sucks). Depending on your handset, it might also be better for watching podcasts etc. because the iPhone's screen is tiny.

Apple is trying to catch up with Android on the notification side. I don't think they're quite there yet. I really like how new e-mails etc. are now displayed on the lock-screen, though.

Where Apple still rules: apps. I don't know why, but many apps just look butt ugly on Android. There are some obvious exceptions, of course. News 360 looks (and works) much better on Android, so does the CNN app. Navigon for Android has some additional functionality over the iOS version (e.g. the new cockpit view, which is really nice). But generally speaking - everything outside the mainstream sucks on Android. Also, although Android is much bigger than iOS now and the Market is rapidly approaching parity with the App Store in terms of app numbers, there are still some prominent omissions in the Market: Instagram and Hipstamatic spring to mind.

All in all it's hard to say which is better. In terms of choice of handsets, however, Android is running circles around Apple. The Galaxy Nexus will widen the gap even further. Samsung sold over 30 million Galaxy phones over the last quarter, making the Galaxy S and the SGS II series the most widely used smartphones on the planet. Compared to that, Apple only shipped 17 million iPhone 3GSs and iPhone 4s last quarter. While the 4S is doing well in the States, adoption in Switzerland and other European countries has been decidedly slower than for the iPhone 4, while the SGS II has (according to Mobilezone) been the best selling phone for about 3 months in a row now here.


ps: apparently I was demoted to "Forum Veteran" from "Forum Legend" - what did I do? Not legendary enough for the illustrious crowd here? :-)
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank dawiz for this useful post:
  #50  
Old 29.10.2011, 10:20
Yopo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 317
Groaned at 10 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 248 Times in 134 Posts
Yopo has earned some respectYopo has earned some respect
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

I think on the cool factor iPhone still rules over the Galaxy. It is a bit like the war between the Mac and the PC.


Quote:
View Post
ps: apparently I was demoted to "Forum Veteran" from "Forum Legend" - what did I do? Not legendary enough for the illustrious crowd here? :-)
Just in case here goes my thanks to your legendary posts!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Yopo for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 29.10.2011, 10:28
robyn.oz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 245
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts
robyn.oz is considered knowledgeablerobyn.oz is considered knowledgeablerobyn.oz is considered knowledgeable
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

10 years ago when I put my expensive bells-and-whistles phone through the wash (i could of saved it) and then the dryer (oops, point of no return) I said I would buy my next expensive phone when:
1. it can be my computer
2. i don't have to take it out of my bag to make a call even in the car
3. it can be my camera, phone and gps
4. it has a fold out touch screen (eg an iphone where the screen folds open to be as big as an ipad)

3 out of 4... so close ... just have to put up with my 'its just a phone' for a while longer

Last edited by robyn.oz; 29.10.2011 at 10:29. Reason: ditto on the 'Just in case'
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 29.10.2011, 10:40
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
10 years ago when I put my expensive bells-and-whistles phone through the wash (i could of saved it) and then the dryer (oops, point of no return) I said I would buy my next expensive phone when:
1. it can be my computer
2. i don't have to take it out of my bag to make a call even in the car
3. it can be my camera, phone and gps
4. it has a fold out touch screen (eg an iphone where the screen folds open to be as big as an ipad)

3 out of 4... so close ... just have to put up with my 'its just a phone' for a while longer
well, nothing personal, buuuut: if your iPhone fullfils all of your computing needs, you probably don't do a lot of word processing :-)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 29.10.2011, 12:37
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 138
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 109 Times in 37 Posts
ankur2130 has earned some respectankur2130 has earned some respect
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Okay I got mine today morning from the Apple Store on bahnofstrasse.

Was just taking a stroll down the street, had planned to attempt next week. But i spotted a queue lined up in front of the store (it is day 2). Just asked the apple genius if i could get in the queue and actually buy a phone, he just asked which one I wanted to purchase. He then handed me a card with the product label and told me to get in the queue, 20 minutes later i had the phone in my hands.

I was kind of surprised that they still had the phones left. I did notice that the queue for folks who wanted/had a contract was longer. But for the ones like me, who wanted it unlocked was shorter.

I guess, it was alright if i hadn't pre-ordered in the first place

So finally iOwn an iPhone
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ankur2130 for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 29.10.2011, 17:53
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,720
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,819 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

I didn't pre-order as getting one early doors didn't phase me. I went into the Swisscom shop in Zug yesterday morning and they didn't have any and the guy gave the spiel about ordering so I did (2-4weeks lead time), on this deal:
http://shop.swisscom.ch/Onlineshop/P...et/Basket.aspx yet the mobile

I walked past the mobilezone shop and folks were walking out with them, probably pre-orders though.

Anyway, I went in and the guy in there said I'd have to order too (same lead time), and I asked him about Orange vs Swisscom and he asked the size of my bill (normally 55-77 chuffs on the Liberty mezzo with Swissom on my 3g). He said forget Swisscom and get this deal from Orange:
http://shop.orange.ch/bin/venda?ex=c...rangech&log=22

On the basis that the phone is cheaper, my overall bill would be about the same and I'd get an additional 500mb of data, and I can port my number.... So, iPhone guru's, what are the diff's in coverage, call quality etc and any reason for picking one over the other.

EDIT... hhhm... good start Orange, the link doesn't work but it was the 32gb 4s on the 90, 90 1 gig deal. The phones CHF 359 and the abo is CHF 60pm. They say they give 80 chuffs of credit on you 1st bill. If however you don't exceed the 90/90/1gb, so effectively don't have a bill other than the abo, do they credit against that?
__________________
How do you know if a Frenchman has been in your garden.... your rubbish is gone, your dog is pregnant.... but at least your cabbages are pest free
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 29.10.2011, 18:00
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: wallisellen switzerland
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
ruthy1982 has no particular reputation at present
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Hi
we ordered an iphone 4s 16GB on 25th oct and we have had an email stating the delivery will be between 31st oct and 7th nov
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 29.10.2011, 18:20
Vince's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Uster, ZH
Posts: 144
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 95 Times in 57 Posts
Vince has made some interesting contributions
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Pre-ordered a 4S 16GB on 22.Oct with Sunrise ... haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it will be delivered soon, as in within the next week. Very good deal they have: only 25.- a month incl. 40 minutes and 150MB data.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 29.10.2011, 18:42
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
I didn't pre-order as getting one early doors didn't phase me. I went into the Swisscom shop in Zug yesterday morning and they didn't have any and the guy gave the spiel about ordering so I did (2-4weeks lead time), on this deal:
http://shop.swisscom.ch/Onlineshop/P...et/Basket.aspx yet the mobile

I walked past the mobilezone shop and folks were walking out with them, probably pre-orders though.

Anyway, I went in and the guy in there said I'd have to order too (same lead time), and I asked him about Orange vs Swisscom and he asked the size of my bill (normally 55-77 chuffs on the Liberty mezzo with Swissom on my 3g). He said forget Swisscom and get this deal from Orange:
http://shop.orange.ch/bin/venda?ex=c...rangech&log=22

On the basis that the phone is cheaper, my overall bill would be about the same and I'd get an additional 500mb of data, and I can port my number.... So, iPhone guru's, what are the diff's in coverage, call quality etc and any reason for picking one over the other.

EDIT... hhhm... good start Orange, the link doesn't work but it was the 32gb 4s on the 90, 90 1 gig deal. The phones CHF 359 and the abo is CHF 60pm. They say they give 80 chuffs of credit on you 1st bill. If however you don't exceed the 90/90/1gb, so effectively don't have a bill other than the abo, do they credit against that?
Didn't they have any deals for Sunrise? Orange generally has crappy coverage, doesn't have EDGE (which sucks if you have a smartphone, browsing the web outside their tiny 3G coverage is close to impossible) and the customer service is pretty sucky, too.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dawiz for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 29.10.2011, 20:50
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
eawager has no particular reputation at present
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

pre ordered a 4s 32G white at Orange, haven't received any news...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 29.10.2011, 22:45
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,720
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,301 Times in 1,819 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: iPhone 4S delivery dates

Quote:
View Post
Didn't they have any deals for Sunrise? Orange generally has crappy coverage, doesn't have EDGE (which sucks if you have a smartphone, browsing the web outside their tiny 3G coverage is close to impossible) and the customer service is pretty sucky, too.
The guy didn't even mention Sunrise.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 30.10.2011, 06:41
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
The guy didn't even mention Sunrise.
I walked by a Sunrise Store in Basel today - they had a sign taped to the window saying "iPhone 4S: gute Verfügbarkeit" (good availability)


Peter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
delay, delivery, iphone, iphone 4s, orange




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IPhone 4S POLL - WILL You be upgrading? The_Love_Doctor General off-topic 101 25.01.2012 10:02
Anyone works for the big 4s in Zurich? Hinano Employment 20 27.11.2007 22:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0