Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.12.2011, 08:51
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 20
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Simply_D has no particular reputation at present
Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

Does anyone know how to move recorded items off the Swisscom digital box to either an external HD or even to DVD.

I have items that are getting deleted before even viewing them and off course there are a few items I would like to keep to watch again later.

Thks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30.12.2011, 12:24
Keefyd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 247
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Keefyd has earned some respectKeefyd has earned some respect
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

It is a bit fiddly, but I have done it without any issue -

You will need a SCART lead and a DVD Recorder - or the kit you want to record to.

You will need to do some trial and error, but I have managed to create entire compilations of programmes on my LG Recorder from my Swisscom box.

Alternative is to ensure that the settings are set to that programmes are not deleted when the box reaches capacity.

Stuff recorded in HD take up twice the space of a normal broadcast.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30.12.2011, 13:25
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

Quote:
View Post
It is a bit fiddly, but I have done it without any issue -

You will need a SCART lead and a DVD Recorder - or the kit you want to record to.

You will need to do some trial and error, but I have managed to create entire compilations of programmes on my LG Recorder from my Swisscom box.

Alternative is to ensure that the settings are set to that programmes are not deleted when the box reaches capacity.

Stuff recorded in HD take up twice the space of a normal broadcast.
I know somebody who has struggled with this very task for quite some time now. Do you mind telling me, how you did it?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30.12.2011, 14:58
Keefyd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 247
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Keefyd has earned some respectKeefyd has earned some respect
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

Quote:
View Post
Does anyone know how to move recorded items off the Swisscom digital box to either an external HD or even to DVD.

I have items that are getting deleted before even viewing them and off course there are a few items I would like to keep to watch again later.

Thks.
To my knowledge, you cannot move any programmes to a ext. HDD - in fact it is impossible to do so, so rule this option out completely, unless you have some top of the range VE software and a decent spec PC.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30.12.2011, 15:00
Keefyd's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 247
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts
Keefyd has earned some respectKeefyd has earned some respect
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

Quote:
View Post
I know somebody who has struggled with this very task for quite some time now. Do you mind telling me, how you did it?
I will have to have a look at my Video set up again -

It is a bit fiddly, but through trial and error it works for me everytime without an issue.

If I forget, give me a gentle nudge to remind me - I will have a lot on in January!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Keefyd for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 30.12.2011, 15:42
FriendlyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shoppinzentrum
Posts: 1,782
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 914 Times in 551 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

Quote:
View Post
To my knowledge, you cannot move any programmes to a ext. HDD - in fact it is impossible to do so, so rule this option out completely, unless you have some top of the range VE software and a decent spec PC.....
You can and it is straight forward.

BUT you must copy as an analog signal: eg: play the movie out the SCART connector from the Swisscom box, and then record on the recorder via a SCART connector.

Of course, you loose quality, and it is a hassle.

But it is not impossible......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30.12.2011, 15:50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: vaud
Posts: 87
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 88 Times in 39 Posts
swiss bill has earned some respectswiss bill has earned some respect
Re: Copying recorded items from Swisscom digital box

I replied on this some time ago, and it still works:

Swisscom TV plus to DVD?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank swiss bill for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a Cablecom Digital TV box Crumbs TV/internet/telephone 36 24.06.2012 09:05
Digital TV Comparison: Cablecom versus Swisscom KB88111 TV/internet/telephone 19 09.01.2011 15:10
Digital TV Box Raaaabert TV/internet/telephone 1 07.03.2010 22:14
Goodmans GFSAT200HD Digital Box Help igirlzoe TV/internet/telephone 5 29.09.2009 19:00


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0