English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   TV/internet/telephone (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/)
-   -   lyca mobile? (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/187235-lyca-mobile.html)

Ricardas 16.01.2018 12:41

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Hello,

I cannot make calls to land line numbers in Lithuania (Telecom) EU anymore, it says "Network is busy". I tried from two different phones and two different lyca numbers (myself and my wife's), I also tried few different phone numbers - nothing worked.

It worked last month, I am wondering what has changed. Does anyone have same issue calling to land lines in EU?..

p.s. first contact with Lyca support, did not help me much, they told me something was wrong with recipient phone...

kaylacan 22.01.2018 21:31

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardennes1944 (Post 2776709)
Thank you to the user who suggested setting the mobile data to only 3g and not 4g as it has completely solved my issue. The mobile data hasnt stopped once in 2weeks now, no more switching to airplane mode and back!

Hello!

I have bought a one month plan with lycamobile and I am 10 days in and the mobile data (LTE, 3G, 2G) have all stopped working all of a sudden. Very frustrated as I'd like to be travelling and using my maps. Can anyone help???

Ricardas 22.01.2018 21:39

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Have you tried to restart your phone? Or try flight mode turn on and off at first and see if it helps.

kaylacan 22.01.2018 21:52

Re: lyca mobile?
 
yes, i have tried all of that multiple times, unfortunately :(

Gramatyka356 27.01.2018 23:42

Re: lyca mobile?
 
I have tried Lycamobile prepaid, horrible call quality when calling EU. I was just thinking of asking a question about it but thanks to this thread I know what it all.

manuelv 26.02.2018 16:56

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Now lycamobile includes 200MB roaming data on the 29 package and 1Gb on the 39 Package.

https://www.lycamobile.ch/en/bundle

dannyt986 28.02.2018 12:26

Re: lyca mobile?
 
My Salt SIM only contract expired (19chf after discounts, 1gb, unlimited CH voice & sms) and Im looking for alternatives, particularly with good UK <-> CH roaming and rates every which way.

I also have an UK Vodafone SIM (dual SIM phone) contract that includes data within the EU/CH and calls to&from UK numbers within the EU/CH (c15chf, 2gb, unlimited voice calls & sms).

I hardly call any Swiss numbers from overseas that I cant organise to do by voip. So I guess Im really just needing to be able to receive calls to the CH number while in the UK without inward roaming costs, so as to avoid the inconvenience of calling back on a cheaper line.

Lycamobile reads as if too much tinkering is involved, and they keep changing the terms, especially if the inbound roaming number keeps changing.

But on reflection, perhaps I actually have a pretty sweet setup already for 35CHF...

simple_person 25.06.2018 10:44

Re: lyca mobile?
 
People buying HELLO SWISS S for CHF 19.- could look at the lyca website for HELLO SWISS M. At the moment it is CHF 19.- for existing customers(renewal at the standard price CHF 39.-) which includes more 4G data in Switzerland and data roaming allowance of 200MB and 1000 Mins & SMS for EU Countries.

ise 25.06.2018 11:09

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Does anyone know how the roaming allowance actually works? including lyca :msnnerd:

I've turned off roaming on my HELLO SWISS M, and it still roams, as far as I can tell it's just deducting data from my Swiss allowance when I'm in France.

It's idiosyncratic to put it mildly :msnnerd:

kaciak 25.06.2018 11:10

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylacan (Post 2900434)
yes, i have tried all of that multiple times, unfortunately :(

Perhaps the APN has changed?
Check the APN and make sure the Lyca CH setting applied.

apn: data.lycamobile.ch
username: lmch
password: plus

simple_person 26.06.2018 08:45

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Good to know that. I am traveling to France this weekend. I hope internet works.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ise (Post 2960776)
I've turned off roaming on my HELLO SWISS M, and it still roams, as far as I can tell it's just deducting data from my Swiss allowance when I'm in France.

It's idiosyncratic to put it mildly :msnnerd:


ise 26.06.2018 10:01

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by simple_person (Post 2961254)
Good to know that. I am traveling to France this weekend. I hope internet works.

It's a bit unsatisfactory, you don't know how much data you've got left and which allowance it's coming from.

Personally, I use another French Lyca SIM in the second slot for data if I'm there more a day or two.

simple_person 02.07.2018 16:46

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Just came back from France and data did not work on the sim with had roaming data allowance but it did work on other lyca sim which had no roaming data allowance. Good thing was that it took money from my promotional balance which is anyhow difficult to spend. Funny lyca :rolleyes:

simple_person 30.07.2018 12:47

Re: lyca mobile?
 
I bought HELLO SWISS M online for CHF 19.- and disabled auto renewal because it was written that renewal will be at standard price of CHF 38.-. After this pack finished I was able to buy HELLO SWISS M online for CHF 19.- again. Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by simple_person (Post 2960763)
People buying HELLO SWISS S for CHF 19.- could look at the lyca website for HELLO SWISS M. At the moment it is CHF 19.- for existing customers(renewal at the standard price CHF 39.-) which includes more 4G data in Switzerland and data roaming allowance of 200MB and 1000 Mins & SMS for EU Countries.


Geminder 14.08.2018 15:11

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Things that will happen with Lyca on a regular basis

- on iphone your My Number will change to something else other than your actual number
- even though it says LTE and you have good signal strength you will not be able to get any sort of speed, this can happen for a few days at a time then suddenly come back
- you will probably have to go into the phone's SIM applications to manually select switzerland

it's complete crap

the only things going for it:
free calls to most places in europe - but who the hell uses non VOIP any more?
it's cheap

Wingo also uses the Swisscom network, appears to have higher speeds and since a couple of months now also includes 1gb free european roaming!!

JakubB 14.08.2018 18:07

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geminder (Post 2979791)
Things that will happen with Lyca on a regular basis

- on iphone your My Number will change to something else other than your actual number
- even though it says LTE and you have good signal strength you will not be able to get any sort of speed, this can happen for a few days at a time then suddenly come back
- you will probably have to go into the phone's SIM applications to manually select switzerland

it's complete crap

the only things going for it:
free calls to most places in europe - but who the hell uses non VOIP any more?
it's cheap

Wingo also uses the Swisscom network, appears to have higher speeds and since a couple of months now also includes 1gb free european roaming!!

You are mistaken. It's iPhone which is crap. I have only good experience with Lyca so far :msncool:

we_da_man 15.08.2018 10:15

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geminder (Post 2979791)
- even though it says LTE and you have good signal strength you will not be able to get any sort of speed, this can happen for a few days at a time then suddenly come back

This only happens when the package data is finished and the speed goes back up when the new one kicks in. As you said normally a few days later... at least this is the general experience.

tomwik 03.10.2018 22:07

Re: lyca mobile?
 
I don't get it, so currently Hello Swiss M is for 19 CHF/month (online price) but I have to top it up online? That's the only condition? Or do I have to buy NEW SIM CARD with new number every month?

drkarthiks 03.10.2018 22:09

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwik (Post 2998740)
I don't get it, so currently Hello Swiss M is for 19 CHF/month (online price) but I have to top it up online? That's the only condition? Or do I have to buy NEW SIM CARD with new number every month?


Top it up online for 19 CHF and that's it.

michebel 04.10.2018 01:52

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Regarding my experience with HELLO SWISS M, long story short:
-I was not able to use the money already on the SIM to pay the renewal, I have to use my credit card even if I have enough money on the SIM
-The price for HeLLO SWISS M seems to be blocked since July/August 2018 (and I hope it remains so)
- When I've used the automatic renewal, it never charged the full price on my debit card
-Roaming (the small amount of data we should have) is a mystery abroad: sometimes i paid as soon as i entered Italy, sometimes not
-At the beginnig It was possible to use the smartphone as an hotstot, I tried some days ago with my Iphone 5 with a negative resul


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0