English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   TV/internet/telephone (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/)
-   -   lyca mobile? (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/187235-lyca-mobile.html)

humano 13.01.2015 23:14

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Does anybody know how much it cost to call to a lyca mobile number in Spain?

superedit 14.01.2015 09:21

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by humano (Post 2318392)
Crazy. I've been checking the website from lyca and I am not sure if I understood it: Is it for free calling to fixed lines in Germany? http://www.lycamobile.ch/de/internationalrates

And they have 500MB for 3.25CHF........

I think I am buying a simcard. What network do they use?

there's always a connection cost of 29 rappen if i remember right

swisscom :msntongue::thumbsup:

ChrisNeedsToKnow 14.01.2015 12:18

Re: lyca mobile?
 
They advertise their data-packages >>here<<.

They advertise (for example) 1GB at 9.90 / "promotional price" 5.90. So which price is actually applicable?

Furthermore the >>free credit with online top up<<-offer was "Valid from 17/07/2014 - 31/12/2014" --> is that still valid?

Last-but-not-least I was under the impression that any credit is only valid for 30 days, after which it vanishes? (Not sure where I heard/read this. Am I wrong?)

Overall they make it particularly hard to calculate what you might really have to pay?

superedit 14.01.2015 13:11

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow (Post 2318648)
They advertise their data-packages >>here<<.

They advertise (for example) 1GB at 9.90 / "promotional price" 5.90. So which price is actually applicable?

Furthermore the >>free credit with online top up<<-offer was "Valid from 17/07/2014 - 31/12/2014" --> is that still valid?

Last-but-not-least I was under the impression that any credit is only valid for 30 days, after which it vanishes? (Not sure where I heard/read this. Am I wrong?)

Overall they make it particularly hard to calculate what you might really have to pay?

the old price has a line on it -> not valid now. 1 gb is 5.90 or something similar
free bonus credit is still given. i think it will never expire or at least not now
credit lasts 90, not 30 days
for me it's actually pretty simple if one takes some time to read carefully...

stamplover 18.01.2015 10:52

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Has anyone recently switched to lyca mobile, i.e. using their existing number?

I filled in the form and sent it to an email. After almost one month with no reply, I called them and was told I need to get a SIM card, i.e. getting a temporary sim first with a new number. Is it true?

Now 2 days have passed and I am not sure whether I should reapply for a free sim online. Heard from a friend that it took ages to be sent the SIM too.

Should I just go to a kiosk to get a sim? Seen one before but somehow could not find it in Lausanne.

superedit 19.01.2015 08:51

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stamplover (Post 2321759)
Has anyone recently switched to lyca mobile, i.e. using their existing number?

I filled in the form and sent it to an email. After almost one month with no reply, I called them and was told I need to get a SIM card, i.e. getting a temporary sim first with a new number. Is it true?

Now 2 days have passed and I am not sure whether I should reapply for a free sim online. Heard from a friend that it took ages to be sent the SIM too.

Should I just go to a kiosk to get a sim? Seen one before but somehow could not find it in Lausanne.

you need to get the free sim first. inside there's a form to fill for the number portability
and i received it within days
your friend seems to me an exception

drmom 21.01.2015 06:30

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Does anyone have any experience of Lyca vs Aldi mobile? I am looking to switch from my COOP mobile contract and these 2 options look very interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamplover (Post 2321759)
Has anyone recently switched to lyca mobile, i.e. using their existing number?

I filled in the form and sent it to an email. After almost one month with no reply, I called them and was told I need to get a SIM card, i.e. getting a temporary sim first with a new number. Is it true?

Now 2 days have passed and I am not sure whether I should reapply for a free sim online. Heard from a friend that it took ages to be sent the SIM too.

Should I just go to a kiosk to get a sim? Seen one before but somehow could not find it in Lausanne.

Here is the page from their website - it looks like you do first need to get a SIM Card pack from them and then complete some paperwork. Have you ordered a SIM card pack?

http://www.lycamobile.ch/en/transferyournumber

Quote:

We have made it simple for you to transfer your number.

Simply complete the form enclosed in your SIM Card pack (or download the form here)

Enclose a copy of your ID and fax it to: 0800 006 006 or via email to: cs@lycamobile.ch

We will then be able to process your application

superedit 21.01.2015 08:45

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drmom (Post 2323771)
Here is the page from their website - it looks like you do first need to get a SIM Card pack from them and then complete some paperwork. Have you ordered a SIM card pack?

http://www.lycamobile.ch/en/transferyournumber


i replied just some lines above...... :msnsarcastic:

Malapetaka 27.01.2015 14:17

Re: lyca mobile?
 
One thing I found out the hard way: no "personal hotspot" supported by Lyca Pre-Pay. Not on my iPhone anyway :msnmad:

kaciak 27.01.2015 15:09

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

One thing I found out the hard way: no "personal hotspot" supported by Lyca Pre-Pay. Not on my iPhone anyway
Well, i can use hotspot on my Lumia 930 with Lycamobile SIM.
But i read somewhere before that they are not allowing internet sharing through personal hotspot..

superedit 04.02.2015 09:39

Re: lyca mobile?
 
so i have a news. the bonus can NOT be used for packages.
money for internet bundle has to be real.
the bonus can be used for sms for example
example: 2 GB, one has to load 20 chf, 8 chf remain for next month and one has 4 chf bonus for calls or whatever

gipfelisturmer 03.03.2015 14:44

Re: lyca mobile?
 
http://www.lycamobile.ch/de/internationalrates

Do you know if I need to do any "activation" for these rates to apply or are they active "by default"?

They mention some "opt-in-spartarif" promotion below, which expired on 28.2., but I don't know if that relates to the above prices.

dxdydz 04.03.2015 15:08

Re: lyca mobile?
 
the data packages are amazing, but I hate how messy is their site. they have offers which are not available anymore, the previous link has different prices if you change the language from german to english.
I got a sms 5 days ago saying that calls to swiss/eu are 0.24chf/min and sms are for 7rp and that i can check the T&C in their site. Of course there is no update in their site..

freeworld 04.03.2015 17:10

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dxdydz (Post 2352367)
the data packages are amazing, but I hate how messy is their site. they have offers which are not available anymore, the previous link has different prices if you change the language from german to english.
I got a sms 5 days ago saying that calls to swiss/eu are 0.24chf/min and sms are for 7rp and that i can check the T&C in their site. Of course there is no update in their site..

Lyca also has an extremely bad customer service in English. The guys have absolutely no idea about what they are talking about.
Customer service in German makes more sense.

freeworld 04.03.2015 17:11

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malapetaka (Post 2328681)
One thing I found out the hard way: no "personal hotspot" supported by Lyca Pre-Pay. Not on my iPhone anyway :msnmad:

Not possible on my Android phone, neither

ftg888 06.03.2015 22:07

Re: lyca mobile?
 
I find lycamobile.ch to be of reasonable value for data ONLY, yes their prices for 10gb are quite decent.. I was also surprised to find out that the bonus
funds added to my account is only good for calls, etc. SO other then that the carrier is great as it piggybacks on swisscom 4G which does have great signals everywhere that I go..

their connection charges, and costs for EU calls/texts/bundles are also a nice
touch..

Currently these guys are the cheapest for DATA in swiss.

MajorGrubert 23.03.2015 09:16

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Half-price Lycamobile cards (9.95.- with 20.- credit) at Interdiscount:

http://www.interdiscount.ch/idshop/p...tid=0000577543

However, I've noticed that if ordering online, the card is free. How much credit do you get initially then?

kiwiguy08 23.03.2015 09:45

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorGrubert (Post 2363216)
Half-price Lycamobile cards (9.95.- with 20.- credit) at Interdiscount:

http://www.interdiscount.ch/idshop/p...tid=0000577543

However, I've noticed that if ordering online, the card is free. How much credit do you get initially then?

I got 2 CHF

MajorGrubert 24.03.2015 15:48

Re: lyca mobile?
 
New offer:

No roaming charges when you use your Lycamobile abroad in 17 destinations.

You need to have a qualifying bundle (e.g. EU19).

Phone and SMS only. Data roaming requires a separate (paid) add-on.

http://www.lycamobile.ch/en/roaming-sim-card

kiwiguy08 24.03.2015 16:20

Re: lyca mobile?
 
Very cool...I'm going to the USA in about 6 weeks and its nice to know that I can go there and will not roam


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:03.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0