Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10.12.2014, 22:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

I got a new Prepaid Go Flatrate card today-micro sim to fit my new phone. Same number as before. It should cost 1 frank a day( internet included ). I checked my costs for connections on Sunrise homepage and since they issued the new card at 6 pm today the costs are 37 CHF!!! for internet connections. What is happening??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10.12.2014, 22:43
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 33,131
Groaned at 2,736 Times in 1,931 Posts
Thanked 40,402 Times in 19,048 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

Roaming?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.12.2014, 01:48
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 594
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 290 Times in 178 Posts
we_da_man is considered knowledgeablewe_da_man is considered knowledgeablewe_da_man is considered knowledgeable
Re: Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

Quote:
View Post
I got a new Prepaid Go Flatrate card today-micro sim to fit my new phone. Same number as before. It should cost 1 frank a day( internet included ). I checked my costs for connections on Sunrise homepage and since they issued the new card at 6 pm today the costs are 37 CHF!!! for internet connections. What is happening??
Did you make calls to non-sunrise numbers? your plan only includes sunrise mobiles and swiss landlines only, here is more detail.

Full tariff detail here (in German only).

Internet must be really slow, sunrise limits speed to 256Kbps but at 1CHF/day I guess it is to be expected.

Also do not forget that getting a new sim costs chf40!!

let us know if you get to the bottom of why those charges are on your account.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11.12.2014, 02:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Birmensdorf, Zurich
Posts: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
jb_birmensdorf has no particular reputation at present
Re: Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

Sunrise go dayflat (or SMSflat/Dataflat) sounds like a very expensive option at 1CHF a day for data, 1CHF for SMS and 1CHF for data on days when you use them.
They have much better options available:
Normally with pay as you go with Sunrise, all calls are free after the first 3 minutes, so it would cost a max of 1CHF a day anyway.
For internet, you can get a bolt-on of 250MB for 7.50CHF a month, or 1GB for 19CHF a month, and it you use it up before the end of the month, they just reload it again on that day
http://www1.sunrise.ch/Surfing-optio...en_CH-CHF.html


Or, for 34CHF a month you have 500MB, free texts and free calls to landlines/Sunrise mobiles without having a 'contract'
http://www1.sunrise.ch/Surfing-optio...en_CH-CHF.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11.12.2014, 06:39
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

Well I have not made any calls. Its all for internet connection and I have also not used the internet at all.I tested it today. As soon as I turned the handy on, my credit was reduced in 10 seconds by 5 franks. They did something yesterday with the issue of a new prepaid and now all these crazy costs!!! I will be calling them up today or pay them a visit. I just hope I can keep my temper under control!
Quote:
View Post
Did you make calls to non-sunrise numbers? your plan only includes sunrise mobiles and swiss landlines only, here is more detail.

Full tariff detail here (in German only).

Internet must be really slow, sunrise limits speed to 256Kbps but at 1CHF/day I guess it is to be expected.

Also do not forget that getting a new sim costs chf40!!

let us know if you get to the bottom of why those charges are on your account.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.12.2014, 15:14
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Sunrise Go Flatrate -crazy rates since new Prepaid card

Well seems that the go flatrate micro sim they sold me was not activated for data and so I was paying the full price for any data transfer-10 ruppen for 20kbits. A warning-never use the Sunrise store in Langstrasse Zürich.They are pathetic
Quote:
View Post
Did you make calls to non-sunrise numbers? your plan only includes sunrise mobiles and swiss landlines only, here is more detail.

Full tariff detail here (in German only).

Internet must be really slow, sunrise limits speed to 256Kbps but at 1CHF/day I guess it is to be expected.

Also do not forget that getting a new sim costs chf40!!

let us know if you get to the bottom of why those charges are on your account.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
orange/sunrise prepaid sim cutekid TV/internet/telephone 4 07.09.2014 21:17
Sunrise prepaid omtatsat TV/internet/telephone 4 27.11.2013 08:34
Sunrise Free Prepaid - Tariff Info gaz_0001 TV/internet/telephone 5 01.07.2012 21:48
Sunrise Take Away Prepaid Dongle keith47424 TV/internet/telephone 3 31.03.2010 01:51


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0