Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 14.02.2015, 00:45
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 858
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 463 Times in 286 Posts
ChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond reputeChrisNeedsToKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC price hike 01 April 2015

I received this dodgy thing today, and it sais 01 April.

Maybe it´s different because I have internet-only?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ChrisNeedsToKnow for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 14.02.2015, 09:04
Arbitrage-baby's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vevey-ish
Posts: 93
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 129 Times in 51 Posts
Arbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeableArbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeableArbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeable
Re: UPC price hike 01 April 2015

I have to thank the op for this thread! I would have totally missed this and missed a great opportunity to bail out of my crappy upc service.

I am calling them Monday and going back to Swisscom hooray!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Arbitrage-baby for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 14.02.2015, 14:23
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,371
Groaned at 265 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 14,693 Times in 6,221 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC CABLECOM making unilateral increase in subscription without consent

Can you do the same and unilaterally decrease price and tell them to write to you to cancel if they disagree?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 14.02.2015, 14:49
Horatio Gonzales's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Luzern
Posts: 419
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 131 Times in 74 Posts
Horatio Gonzales has earned some respectHoratio Gonzales has earned some respect
Re: UPC CABLECOM making unilateral increase in subscription without consent

1 word: Showbox.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 14.02.2015, 18:55
Horatio Gonzales's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Luzern
Posts: 419
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 131 Times in 74 Posts
Horatio Gonzales has earned some respectHoratio Gonzales has earned some respect
Re: UPC CABLECOM making unilateral increase in subscription without consent

Quote:
View Post
Can you do the same and unilaterally decrease price and tell them to write to you to cancel if they disagree?
Sure, why not.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19.02.2015, 15:36
defcon3's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Geneva
Posts: 474
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 367 Times in 142 Posts
defcon3 has an excellent reputationdefcon3 has an excellent reputationdefcon3 has an excellent reputationdefcon3 has an excellent reputation
Re: UPC price hike 01 April 2015

I only have my internet + fixed number with them: no letter so far; out of curiosity I checked comparable package from Swisscom. Price is nearly double, and given I'm quite happy with the upc service, I think I'll stay...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 19.02.2015, 16:54
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Horgen
Posts: 1,234
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 852 Times in 420 Posts
kiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputation
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

I still have their previous generation settop box. I refrained from switching to Horizon and it has been a good decision financially. I have had 2 price increases...from 75 to 77, and 77 to 80 CHF. Now its going up to 85 CHF


So...for 85 CHF I get

250MB internet
135 channels
telephone line
MY Prime
Horizon App access
Phone App


All in all, I have to say its a good deal, and much better than Swisscom. I also cant help but compare this to US providers like Comcast, Time Warner, COX....yes the TV offer is better (though you have 100s of channels you will never watch), but try finding a 40MB/s internet package from one of the big players. Plus a Netflix like package for free
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 19.02.2015, 20:21
eng_ch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Up where the air is clear
Posts: 1,394
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,198 Times in 633 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

I rang them today and they confirmed that the CHF 3/month increase only applies if you have TV in your package. I've ditched it, I have only Internet and basic phone (for incoming calls) so there will be no increase
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 20.02.2015, 09:28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Geneva
Posts: 422
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 248 Times in 146 Posts
MajorGrubert is considered knowledgeableMajorGrubert is considered knowledgeableMajorGrubert is considered knowledgeable
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
So...for 85 CHF I get

250MB internet
135 channels
telephone line
MY Prime
Horizon App access
Phone App
85 CHF plus 29.95 CHF for the basic cable connection fee (often hidden in your apartment charges).
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MajorGrubert for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 20.02.2015, 11:45
Arbitrage-baby's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vevey-ish
Posts: 93
Groaned at 11 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 129 Times in 51 Posts
Arbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeableArbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeableArbitrage-baby is considered knowledgeable
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
I still have their previous generation settop box. I refrained from switching to Horizon and it has been a good decision financially. I have had 2 price increases...from 75 to 77, and 77 to 80 CHF. Now its going up to 85 CHF


So...for 85 CHF I get

250MB internet
135 channels
telephone line
MY Prime
Horizon App access
Phone App


All in all, I have to say its a good deal, and much better than Swisscom. I also cant help but compare this to US providers like Comcast, Time Warner, COX....yes the TV offer is better (though you have 100s of channels you will never watch), but try finding a 40MB/s internet package from one of the big players. Plus a Netflix like package for free
Fair enough. I do have the horizon package and while I have. O issues with the channels or the HD line up, I have to say their internet service (atleast for me) sucks ass! I never had more issues with a router than this one.

Sure, it's cheap, but Still, i sometimes really want to give the thing a serious beat down!

Okay.... Breath.... Calm down.... It's just an inanimate object.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 25.02.2015, 14:14
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 5,236
Groaned at 709 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,207 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

UPC is American controlled and they don't give a f... about their little customers in Switzerland
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 26.02.2015, 08:29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Geneva
Posts: 362
Groaned at 130 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 273 Times in 144 Posts
bigfujitsu is considered knowledgeablebigfujitsu is considered knowledgeablebigfujitsu is considered knowledgeable
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
I still have their previous generation settop box. I refrained from switching to Horizon and it has been a good decision financially. I have had 2 price increases...from 75 to 77, and 77 to 80 CHF. Now its going up to 85 CHF


So...for 85 CHF I get

250MB internet
135 channels
telephone line
MY Prime
Horizon App access
Phone App


All in all, I have to say its a good deal, and much better than Swisscom. I also cant help but compare this to US providers like Comcast, Time Warner, COX....yes the TV offer is better (though you have 100s of channels you will never watch), but try finding a 40MB/s internet package from one of the big players. Plus a Netflix like package for free

to make you fee better (or worst), in Eastern europe UPC offers faster internet and more channels for a fraction of the price


14chf per month for Fiber Power 200 Mbps download 6 Mbps upload
17 chf for Fiber Power 500 Mbps download 25 Mbps upload

http://www.upc.ro/internet/abonamente/

or for 22chf per month you can get the 200 internet plus Phone and all the TV channels in Europe including channels like Discovery National Geo and HBO

kind of feel cheated
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26.02.2015, 09:23
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 5,236
Groaned at 709 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,207 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Thats not relevant. Average monthly wage is 423 Euro in Romania!
Quote:
View Post
to make you fee better (or worst), in Eastern europe UPC offers faster internet and more channels for a fraction of the price


14chf per month for Fiber Power 200 Mbps download 6 Mbps upload
17 chf for Fiber Power 500 Mbps download 25 Mbps upload

http://www.upc.ro/internet/abonamente/

or for 22chf per month you can get the 200 internet plus Phone and all the TV channels in Europe including channels like Discovery National Geo and HBO

kind of feel cheated
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 26.02.2015, 10:31
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,370
Groaned at 592 Times in 449 Posts
Thanked 13,918 Times in 5,410 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Just cancelled my Cablecom internet and am going to try the synchronous fibre options from EWZ Zurich... will make a a thread on it methinks.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 26.02.2015, 15:37
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 5,236
Groaned at 709 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,207 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Simply take the 3 in 1 from Swisscom
Quote:
View Post
Just cancelled my Cablecom internet and am going to try the synchronous fibre options from EWZ Zurich... will make a a thread on it methinks.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26.02.2015, 17:55
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,370
Groaned at 592 Times in 449 Posts
Thanked 13,918 Times in 5,410 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
Simply take the 3 in 1 from Swisscom
Why on earth would I want to do that?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 26.02.2015, 19:14
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 5,236
Groaned at 709 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,207 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

well its a good offer
Quote:
View Post
Why on earth would I want to do that?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26.02.2015, 19:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,370
Groaned at 592 Times in 449 Posts
Thanked 13,918 Times in 5,410 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
well its a good offer
What exactly is good about it, when before I was paying 82chf for 125Mbit and TV with Cablecom? If I wanted a cheap deal that gave me everything I certainly wouldn't switch to Swisscom, which is significantly more expensive for the same basic services.

I am wanting synchronous internet speeds of 100/100 (download and upload) which is why I want to change to EWZ Zurinet.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 27.02.2015, 09:18
kiwiguy08's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Horgen
Posts: 1,234
Groaned at 28 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 852 Times in 420 Posts
kiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputationkiwiguy08 has an excellent reputation
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Quote:
View Post
85 CHF plus 29.95 CHF for the basic cable connection fee (often hidden in your apartment charges).
This is true.....nonethless in comparison with the current offers from Cablecom which also have this fee included or Swisscom, it is a (relative) bargain.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 27.02.2015, 09:25
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 5,236
Groaned at 709 Times in 387 Posts
Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,207 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015

Cablecom 99 CHF plus 30 CHF connection = 130. Which is the same price as Swisscom Vivo M( glasfibre 40/8 ) And whats the price for a 3 in 1 deal from EWZ????
Quote:
View Post
What exactly is good about it, when before I was paying 82chf for 125Mbit and TV with Cablecom? If I wanted a cheap deal that gave me everything I certainly wouldn't switch to Swisscom, which is significantly more expensive for the same basic services.

I am wanting synchronous internet speeds of 100/100 (download and upload) which is why I want to change to EWZ Zurinet.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at omtatsat for this post:
Reply

Tags
cablecom, upc cablecom




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPC Cablecom mulan TV/internet/telephone 22 22.12.2016 15:24
UPC Cablecom MOBILE AbFab TV/internet/telephone 43 17.06.2016 21:15
UPC Cablecom price increase March 2015 MajorGrubert TV/internet/telephone 3 22.01.2015 21:19
UPC-Cablecom Question maxofsteam TV/internet/telephone 43 13.02.2014 12:37
UPC cablecom DigiCard dan2k3k4 TV/internet/telephone 17 19.01.2014 14:38


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0