Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:13
merly's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: aargau
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
merly has no particular reputation at present
Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Hi,
Since last month, our TV/Internet/Phone bill has been sent by email - no choice was given.

I do not have internet banking and was wondering how to pay the bill.

The invoice has the "orange" type paying in slip at the bottom of the page, but it is black and white and tagged onto the end of the receipt.

Can I just cut this off with scissors and pay it at the post office (as usual), or must I manually fill out a blank Einzahlung and laboriously copy all the details. (does the colour and exact size matter?)

The reference number is so long that it is quite easy to make a small mistake transposing these details.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:27
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
The reference number is so long that it is quite easy to make a small mistake transposing these details.
Then triple check it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:34
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 8,833
Groaned at 270 Times in 217 Posts
Thanked 18,158 Times in 7,301 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
Since last month, our TV/Internet/Phone bill has been sent by email - no choice was given.

I do not have internet banking and was wondering how to pay the bill.

The invoice has the "orange" type paying in slip at the bottom of the page, but it is black and white and tagged onto the end of the receipt.

Can I just cut this off with scissors and pay it at the post office (as usual), or must I manually fill out a blank Einzahlung and laboriously copy all the details. (does the colour and exact size matter?)

The reference number is so long that it is quite easy to make a small mistake transposing these details.
I think you're going to have to transcribe the details. If by "reference number" you mean the number appearing in groups of five digits on the orange slip, don't worry, it's hard to get it wrong; the number has built-in safety checks and you will be informed if you make a mistake.

Even if you did have access to online banking, you'd still have to transcribe the reference number!

I suggest you contact the utility and ask them to send you paper bills in future.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:36
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,136
Groaned at 2,033 Times in 1,525 Posts
Thanked 34,690 Times in 16,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
Even if you did have access to online banking, you'd still have to transcribe the reference number!
Not if you have a payment slip reader, as I do.

Copy and paste also works.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:39
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
don't worry, it's hard to get it wrong
Though it does happen and then it takes longer for the bill to appear as 'paid' in your account with that company.
Quote:
View Post
I suggest you contact the utility and ask them to send you paper bills in future.
This may cost extra.
Quote:
View Post
Copy and paste also works.
Sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:43
robBob's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,417
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,168 Posts
robBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Why not request LSV (Swiss direct debit) as explained here: https://www.helsana.ch/en/individual...irect-debiting
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank robBob for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 09.09.2017, 11:58
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 8,833
Groaned at 270 Times in 217 Posts
Thanked 18,158 Times in 7,301 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
Not if you have a payment slip reader, as I do.
Expensive. Definitely not worth it for domestic bill-paying.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:04
robBob's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,417
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,168 Posts
robBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
Not if you have a payment slip reader, as I do.

Copy and paste also works.

Tom
I use an OCR SW called ABBYY Screenshot Reader. Came free with my scanner.
https://www.abbyy.com/en-eu/download/
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank robBob for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:05
merly's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: aargau
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
merly has no particular reputation at present
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
I think you're going to have to transcribe the details. If by "reference number" you mean the number appearing in groups of five digits on the orange slip, don't worry, it's hard to get it wrong; the number has built-in safety checks and you will be informed if you make a mistake.

Even if you did have access to online banking, you'd still have to transcribe the reference number!

I suggest you contact the utility and ask them to send you paper bills in future.
I contacted Yetnet (the service provider) and they said that paper bills are now not an option.

I am not sure what happens at the post office if the reference number is incorrect, would they know instantly if I got it wrong?

I would check three times if I did fill in a blank Einzahlung - but I am just annoyed that Yetnet and other companies have the technology to send me an exact paying in slip but in the wrong colour. What was the point in replicating this if I cannot use it?

I suppose my original question should have been - will the post office accept a black and white Einzahlung of the correct size? Does colour and size matter?

I will try on Monday - normally if it is quiet, the people can be quite helpful in Brugg Poste.
Thanks for the feedback
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank merly for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:10
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

If you use a red one, you can fill in the reference number in the communication box, or alternatively your telephone/client number.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:21
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,136
Groaned at 2,033 Times in 1,525 Posts
Thanked 34,690 Times in 16,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
will the post office accept a black and white Einzahlung of the correct size?
No.

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:21
merly's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: aargau
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
merly has no particular reputation at present
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Thank you.

I suppose, I could also pay this over the counter at my bank - they probably have a "scanner" and I could fill in a Zahlungsaufstrag. The colour should not really matter - just the format.

I miss my cheque book when I lived in England - live was a bit easier.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:46
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,136
Groaned at 2,033 Times in 1,525 Posts
Thanked 34,690 Times in 16,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
I suppose, I could also pay this over the counter at my bank - they probably have a "scanner" and I could fill in a Zahlungsaufstrag. The colour should not really matter - just the format.
The color matters.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 09.09.2017, 12:58
jbrady's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sunny Aargau
Posts: 1,045
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 719 Times in 359 Posts
jbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond reputejbrady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

I love bureaucracy.
Maybe there is some app which can reformat the form.
Perhaps yetnet could give you some blank paying slips? I have some for my rent.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09.09.2017, 13:24
robBob's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,417
Groaned at 45 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 2,152 Times in 1,168 Posts
robBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond reputerobBob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Why not get postfinance online? Otherwise UBS has payment machines. They might read in B&W.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank robBob for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 09.09.2017, 17:59
merly's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: aargau
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
merly has no particular reputation at present
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Thanks - will look into this. My husband is an EF member - more active than me. For some reason, we have never been near Post Finance - he used to work for them in 1999 for 6 months - I think it is sour grapes.

It is time I joined the 21st Century.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank merly for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 09.09.2017, 19:54
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,136
Groaned at 2,033 Times in 1,525 Posts
Thanked 34,690 Times in 16,478 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Quote:
View Post
I use an OCR SW called ABBYY Screenshot Reader. Came free with my scanner.
https://www.abbyy.com/en-eu/download/
Actually, my UBS and PF apps also can scan (from my phone).

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 14.09.2017, 18:19
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,918
Groaned at 2,041 Times in 1,124 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Paying TV Internet Phone electronic bill

Well I have set up an automatic payment by the bank ( e banking ).Easy. I dont have to do anything
Quote:
View Post
Hi,
Since last month, our TV/Internet/Phone bill has been sent by email - no choice was given.

I do not have internet banking and was wondering how to pay the bill.

The invoice has the "orange" type paying in slip at the bottom of the page, but it is black and white and tagged onto the end of the receipt.

Can I just cut this off with scissors and pay it at the post office (as usual), or must I manually fill out a blank Einzahlung and laboriously copy all the details. (does the colour and exact size matter?)

The reference number is so long that it is quite easy to make a small mistake transposing these details.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bills, einzahlung, electronic, post, poste




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phone/internet, tv package to phone uk Minnxx TV/internet/telephone 1 15.06.2014 20:17
TV - Internet - Fixed phone arwenika TV/internet/telephone 0 25.10.2011 00:29
Internet question [internet without phone or TV] gurutalon TV/internet/telephone 23 07.12.2010 15:55
Phone-Internet-TV zourab TV/internet/telephone 0 30.04.2007 14:18


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0