Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 13.03.2018, 07:42
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,924
Groaned at 633 Times in 475 Posts
Thanked 14,657 Times in 5,725 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

Quote:
View Post
I seriously doubt average punters will notice any difference over 200Mbps.

500 and 1000Mbps are just marketing fluff...
500 and 1000Mbit are not just 'marketing fluff', you are showing your age there I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 13.03.2018, 07:43
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,257
Groaned at 935 Times in 513 Posts
Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,569 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

I have 100 from Swisscom and its " more or less " enough.Would prefer 200 but they dont offer it.
Quote:
View Post
500 and 1000Mbit are not just 'marketing fluff', you are showing your age there I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 16.03.2018, 10:56
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,681
Groaned at 102 Times in 93 Posts
Thanked 7,967 Times in 4,296 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

So, when I came in this morning, I had mail from upc:
"Wir haben Ihren Internet-Speed verdoppelt. Ohne Zusatzkosten, einfach so"
(Wie doubled your internet speed. At no additional cost, just like that).

So now I get up to 200Mbit/s. They tell me.
Aha, wow, from 30-something to 200? For free? From upc?? Niiiice, ain't it? What is it with me that I don't believe that?

Yeah, well, let's see ...... the test says 42 down, 19 up, ping 24ms. Let's be fair, an other test: 33.7 up, 19.2 down, ping 25ms.

That's exactly what I had before except, if I remember correctly, the ping used to be faster.
So this is not only BS, it is actually a blatant lie. And I'm beginning to wonder if that is legal for advertising with personal addressing.

At 1.10h this morning cablecom had gone completely dead. That's probably when they up-ed my connection.
__________________
never ever make assumptions
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 16.03.2018, 16:18
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,257
Groaned at 935 Times in 513 Posts
Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,569 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

With the speed from UPC its called " best effort ". In your case their worst effort. Cablecom has been dead for a long time


Quote:
View Post
So, when I came in this morning, I had mail from upc:
"Wir haben Ihren Internet-Speed verdoppelt. Ohne Zusatzkosten, einfach so"
(Wie doubled your internet speed. At no additional cost, just like that).

So now I get up to 200Mbit/s. They tell me.
Aha, wow, from 30-something to 200? For free? From upc?? Niiiice, ain't it? What is it with me that I don't believe that?

Yeah, well, let's see ...... the test says 42 down, 19 up, ping 24ms. Let's be fair, an other test: 33.7 up, 19.2 down, ping 25ms.

That's exactly what I had before except, if I remember correctly, the ping used to be faster.
So this is not only BS, it is actually a blatant lie. And I'm beginning to wonder if that is legal for advertising with personal addressing.

At 1.10h this morning cablecom had gone completely dead. That's probably when they up-ed my connection.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11.04.2018, 21:40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morges
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racman3557 has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

I'm just looking for an internet only package with at least 200mb but cant seem to find one. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11.04.2018, 23:30
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,074
Groaned at 318 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 9,252 Times in 3,270 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

Quote:
View Post
500 and 1000Mbit are not just 'marketing fluff', you are showing your age there I'm afraid.
In what ways would I notice a difference over my present 250? The increases form dial-up to 5Mbit were spectacular, but once over 100 the increases have not been noticeable. You think I notice the difference to 500 or 1000 over my current 250??

And I just checked my speed and guess what?



I thought it was 250 and never noticed!! Happy I didn't pay for this...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 15.04.2018, 20:41
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Morges
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racman3557 has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

If you’re downloading large files or there are a few people streaming on the same WiFi it does make a large difference.
Also, I’ve just signed up for the UPC Cablecom add on box to give me more speed and better WiFi strength. Has anyone here done the same already?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 15.04.2018, 20:57
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 340
Groaned at 47 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 701 Times in 268 Posts
reids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond reputereids has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

Quote:
View Post
In what ways would I notice a difference over my present 250? The increases form dial-up to 5Mbit were spectacular, but once over 100 the increases have not been noticeable. You think I notice the difference to 500 or 1000 over my current 250??

And I just checked my speed and guess what?



I thought it was 250 and never noticed!! Happy I didn't pay for this...
Didn't you get a letter saying they were doubling your speed for no cost? I did and when I tested it my 250 had dropped to 90
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 15.04.2018, 23:09
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,074
Groaned at 318 Times in 214 Posts
Thanked 9,252 Times in 3,270 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

Quote:
View Post
Didn't you get a letter saying they were doubling your speed for no cost? I did and when I tested it my 250 had dropped to 90
I got the letter, 2 days after I checked the speed and found it higher. Still steaming along, though it seems to be as before to me. I don't notice any difference...

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 17.04.2018, 08:10
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,257
Groaned at 935 Times in 513 Posts
Thanked 2,384 Times in 1,569 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: UPC Cablecom "Happy Home" plans and price increase

xxxxupc-cablecom-happy-home-plans-price-increase-unbenannt.png
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Connect box" - New UPC Cablecom modem MajorGrubert TV/internet/telephone 93 18.09.2017 10:08
UPC cablecom "250mbit" internet speed monty44 TV/internet/telephone 31 30.09.2016 10:07
UPC CABLECOM price increase spring 2015 Horatio Gonzales TV/internet/telephone 137 17.09.2016 11:35
UPC Cablecom price increase March 2015 MajorGrubert TV/internet/telephone 3 22.01.2015 20:19
UPC Cablecom 90 CHF "Frais Regulaires" for cable connection tearley TV/internet/telephone 10 24.02.2012 13:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0