English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   TV/internet/telephone (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/)
-   -   Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER (https://www.englishforum.ch/tv-internet-telephone/281860-sunrise-fiber-optics-internet-offer.html)

FILA 17.04.2018 13:24

Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
New offer for 12 months 49CHF per month for 12 months.

Offer until the 10th of May and only for new costumers.


https://www.sunrise.ch/en/residentia...-max-giga.html

EdwinNL 17.04.2018 13:37

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Having Salt Fiber offer in mind this offer is ridiculously bad for people who can also choose to get Salt.

FILA 17.04.2018 14:06

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Is not ridiculouse .... Not everyone have access do Salt offer.I can't, so for me is the best option right now.

EdwinNL 17.04.2018 14:47

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FILA (Post 2935966)
Is not ridiculouse .... Not everyone have access do Salt offer.I can't, so for me is the best option right now.

And..

Quote:

Having Salt Fiber offer in mind this offer is ridiculously bad for people who can also choose to get Salt.
:rolleyes:

Jaceq 17.04.2018 16:15

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FILA (Post 2935966)
Is not ridiculouse .... Not everyone have access do Salt offer.I can't, so for me is the best option right now.

I think coverage should be the same for both, if you check is coming up as possible with sunrise and as not possible with salt I'd phone up salt Customer service and simply ask them directly.

Denimblue 18.04.2018 15:36

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Salt is expending the area of it's coverage as per the letter we got from Salt as I am already a Salt mobile customer and soon they will be covering many areas, if yours is still not covered.

EdwinNL 18.04.2018 15:48

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denimblue (Post 2936525)
Salt is expending the area of it's coverage as per the letter we got from Salt as I am already a Salt mobile customer and soon they will be covering many areas, if yours is still not covered.

Yep, might be worth it to inform when ones house will be connected and wait a bit longer. Luckily for me they pull the cables into the building and apartments this upcoming Monday :)

oct 01.05.2018 13:34

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
and, price CHF49 comes without TV

minimimi 11.03.2019 00:05

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
So, we switched last month from Cablecom to Sunrise fibre-optics. The promised speed was higher and the monthly cost more than halved.

Result: when testing internet speed of new sunrise vs our old calbecom (had a month overlap) approx. double speed and lower ping. But for some reason the new internet is not actually that good. Sometimes it takes a while to open a website (especially on smartphones), interruptions during skype talks even on the computer very close to the router, etc.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Could it be up to the router? For some reason the connection seems to be not very stable which is surprising for fibre-optics...

Silvestre 11.03.2019 10:28

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimimi (Post 3049934)
So, we switched last month from Cablecom to Sunrise fibre-optics. The promised speed was higher and the monthly cost more than halved.

Result: when testing internet speed of new sunrise vs our old calbecom (had a month overlap) approx. double speed and lower ping. But for some reason the new internet is not actually that good. Sometimes it takes a while to open a website (especially on smartphones), interruptions during skype talks even on the computer very close to the router, etc.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Could it be up to the router? For some reason the connection seems to be not very stable which is surprising for fibre-optics...

Early days post switch but have experienced similar problems.

I was told that the initial line they had me on is not stable but it was either that or 2 weeks without internet as line 1 was being used by the previous provider (ended up f-ing it up anyway but thats a different story).

Their router isn't the best and unfortunately line is closed so you have no choice but to use it at least as a converter. Have you tried changing channels?

minimimi 11.03.2019 10:42

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvestre (Post 3049999)
Early days post switch but have experienced similar problems.

I was told that the initial line they had me on is not stable but it was either that or 2 weeks without internet as line 1 was being used by the previous provider (ended up f-ing it up anyway but thats a different story).

Their router isn't the best and unfortunately line is closed so you have no choice but to use it at least as a converter. Have you tried changing channels?

Thanks Silvestre. I don't know much about channels, sounds worth looking into that. What I have is 2.4 and 5 GHz two connections but 2.4 is much slower.

Did you end up changing the line or heard of anyone who had a good outcome with that?

Silvestre 11.03.2019 10:54

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by minimimi (Post 3050005)
Thanks Silvestre. I don't know much about channels, sounds worth looking into that. What I have is 2.4 and 5 GHz two connections but 2.4 is much slower.

Did you end up changing the line or heard of anyone who had a good outcome with that?

2.4 and 5GHz is what I was referring to. Do you have a lot of interference near your router? Other cables, electricity cables etc? My fiber connection is with the fuse box in a metal box so the interference is crazy. I have a converter there that I used with my previous provider but supposedly I can't use it with Sunrise so I am having to go with additional router / access points. Now I consistently get about 800mbps on wired and 400mbps on wifi which is expected.

Yes, they did switch my line as we had agreed to it before I moved but they completely f-ed up the "smooth / simultaneous switch" so I was without internet for 3 days and 4 days on their mobile internet.

To be fair to them, the second line technical team is pretty good, they waived the first month's bill and paid for my access points.

If you are still having problems, I would recommend you call the order / technical team number (the 058 number) rather than the usual customer services number (the 0800 number) and speak to the team leader there.

minimimi 11.03.2019 10:59

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvestre (Post 3050012)
2.4 and 5GHz is what I was referring to. Do you have a lot of interference near your router? Other cables, electricity cables etc? My fiber connection is with the fuse box in a metal box so the interference is crazy. I have a converter there that I used with my previous provider but supposedly I can't use it with Sunrise so I am having to go with additional router / access points.

Well, the connection point is in the wall-in wardrobe, but did manage to get the cables and router out trough a small hole. Still next to a fridge, no alternatives...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvestre (Post 3050012)
If you are still having problems, I would recommend you call the order / technical team number (the 058 number) rather than the usual customer services number (the 0800 number) and speak to the team leader there.

I guess I should do that :msnnerd:

Silvestre 11.03.2019 14:37

Re: Sunrise Fiber-optics internet - OFFER
 
Let us know how you get on.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0