Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.06.2018, 18:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nwjovan has no particular reputation at present
Is Interxs reliable?

Hello everyone.

While I was searching to find which is the best value for money Internet option, I came across Interxs.
The weird part, is that I cannot find any reference to this company. Their presence in Web is limited to their website, a Facebook page with a few likes and a mention in Wikipedia.

Does any of you have experience with their services or know someone who has?
Are they reliable?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08.06.2018, 09:44
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
MattCH has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Hello
What I know about Interxs is, that they are a new internet provider in Switzerland and are using the Swisscom network. At the moment you can only conclude a contract on their website.
A friend of mine has been using this service for 2 months now and everything works fine. I’m also thinking to change to them, when my internet contract is expired. At the moment it’s the cheapest solution, if you want internet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.01.2019, 15:44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Orbe
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
brunobriner has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

I know that it is an old post but just to help others looking for feedback.

I have been a (happy) costumer of InterXS for 10 months now. Their technical support is excellent (and flexible too).

There are however a few drawbacks.

1) They provide you with a native IPv6. Their VoIP phone only works in IPv6.
2) They only provide you with a NATed IPv4 unless you also purchase a fixed public IPv4 address (a modest cost but you will have to ask via technical support after you sign with them).
3) They supply you with a not so good Fritzbox (I forgot the model, but it had 2.4GHz only and with only 100Mbps LAN ports)

In my case I managed to get a fixed IPv4 and use my own Fritzbox for a very good price (in fact lower than the advertised price).

With the flexibility and the help of their advanced support I was even able to bridge the Fritzbox (I reverted later as I ended up having frequent connectivity loss of their IPv6 VoIP phone) just to demonstrate how good and flexible their advance technical service is.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank brunobriner for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 17.01.2019, 15:45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts
alsion has made some interesting contributions
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

@brunobriner, thanks for adding to this thread, I was also searching for info about them.

I am less tech-savvy than you though, and don't understand some of your post.

I would get the "Pro" package (up to 40 Mbit/s download, 8 Mbit/s upload) which is enough for me to do email, surf the internet, watch cat videos, etc. I will not use the phone line, only internet.

1) Will IPv6 vs NATed IPv4 (which I don't understand) affect me?
2) Would the supplied Fritzbox be ok for me, without upgrade?

There's no need to explain the technical side (I did start googling but it's more detailed than I need).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18.01.2019, 21:39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Orbe
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
brunobriner has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
I would get the "Pro" package (up to 40 Mbit/s download, 8 Mbit/s upload) which is enough for me to do email, surf the internet, watch cat videos, etc. I will not use the phone line, only internet.

1) Will IPv6 vs NATed IPv4 (which I don't understand) affect me?
2) Would the supplied Fritzbox be ok for me, without upgrade?

There's no need to explain the technical side (I did start googling but it's more detailed than I need).
I think you should be fine.

The lack of a public IPv4 affects the ones who have to access their home network from outside, and the ones who need to port forward, for example for gaming.

As for the FritzBox, when I signed off with them the Fritzbox was crap. I don't know if it is still the case as they don't mention the model anymore in their website. In the worst case if they are still offering the same Fritzbox you will not have 5Ghz which is negative if you live in an area that is very crowded with SSID's in the 2.4GHz band.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank brunobriner for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 21.01.2019, 08:18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts
alsion has made some interesting contributions
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
I think you should be fine.

The lack of a public IPv4 affects the ones who have to access their home network from outside, and the ones who need to port forward, for example for gaming.

As for the FritzBox, when I signed off with them the Fritzbox was crap. I don't know if it is still the case as they don't mention the model anymore in their website. In the worst case if they are still offering the same Fritzbox you will not have 5Ghz which is negative if you live in an area that is very crowded with SSID's in the 2.4GHz band.
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21.01.2019, 10:07
szhjcn's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,765
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 381 Times in 302 Posts
szhjcn has earned the respect of manyszhjcn has earned the respect of manyszhjcn has earned the respect of many
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Interesting, I asked my Cable internet provider about IPv6, and they said they are in no hurry to support it as they have enough IPv4 addresses available.

I know 'the world' is on the verge of running out of addresses (and some countries I think have run out), but I guess some companies bought enough in the past and don't have an issue for the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21.01.2019, 11:21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Orbe
Posts: 48
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
brunobriner has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
Interesting, I asked my Cable internet provider about IPv6, and they said they are in no hurry to support it as they have enough IPv4 addresses available.

I know 'the world' is on the verge of running out of addresses (and some countries I think have run out), but I guess some companies bought enough in the past and don't have an issue for the moment.
I don't know now but when I was a Cablecom customer they were giving me 2x public IPv4 addresses so your assumption might be very well correct.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08.04.2019, 21:55
CHnuschti's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 175
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 76 Times in 53 Posts
CHnuschti has earned some respectCHnuschti has earned some respect
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

There are news for interxs. Their offers 2in1 internet+landline phone, all of them as far as i can see, are now available "without contract", as "pay as you go", cancellable per end of month. But you still have to purchase their modem/router, as it seems.

quote:
"
What is a 'Pay As You Go' subscription?

New: We now offer a contract-free internet subscription. The same quality and service, but without a permanent contract and can be terminated on a monthly basis. Look at the overview above for the details of the prices and conditions. Ideal for people staying temporarily in Switzerland."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12.11.2020, 14:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Zug
Posts: 30
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
zeteo has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Hello everyone,
I see the thread is relatively old but I am also approaching to InterXs and would be interested in any other positive/negative review.
I have already been looking for more information on InterXs website and web in general, but would be very curious to hear any other real-life experiences of services purchased from this provider.
I would mainly interested in the Pay-as-you-go service and ideally if I can expect any speed issue/connectivity issue from time to time (Zug area).

Thank you very much for your feedback,
Matteo
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12.11.2020, 19:03
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 88
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 20 Posts
alsion has made some interesting contributions
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

For what its worth, I went with Yallo in the end. Pay monthly, no contract.
There's a sim card sitting in a box.

It's not as quick as tethering to my phone (despite that it's also Yallo), but it's ok for most day-to-day working from home.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08.12.2020, 09:32
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Zug
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
phant has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
Hello everyone,
I see the thread is relatively old but I am also approaching to InterXs and would be interested in any other positive/negative review.
I have already been looking for more information on InterXs website and web in general, but would be very curious to hear any other real-life experiences of services purchased from this provider.
I would mainly interested in the Pay-as-you-go service and ideally if I can expect any speed issue/connectivity issue from time to time (Zug area).

Thank you very much for your feedback,
Matteo
I've been with them since January this year on the 2-in-1 max plan (32.50 per month). I've been pretty happy for the most part. I wasn't initially thrilled about paying 200CHF for the Fritz modem, but kind of warmed up to it, especially now that I bought another 50CHF Fritz extender to make a mesh in my house, which works pretty well and was trivial to set up.

I recall that the initial instructions InterXs sent for setting up the modem did not work, but I contacted their online customer support (in English) and they were fairly competent and quick to reply. It got fixed after a few iterations. They also had some other outage, where I suspect their DNS server went down and one couldn't browse most of the internet for a couple of hours. But these are the only problems I encountered this year. Otherwise, the connection has mostly been pretty good. Usually I got the full 100Mb downloads (make sure to use 5Ghz rather than 2.4 on the router for generally faster wifi speeds), but sometimes in the 70 - 100 range.

Anyway, I think that if around 100 down and 20 up is enough for you (I think for 99% of the people it is), then it does seem to be the cheapest deal in Switzerland. If not them, I would have probably gone with green.ch, who have 50 down/up for 36. But I don't have a reason to switch so far.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank phant for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 08.07.2021, 11:17
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 573 Times in 325 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Sorry to revive an old topic, but im seen forced to share my experience with them...

The best way to explain this is through a timeline...
June 15 - I start the process of hiring it, since i need it by the 1st of July and they have PREVIOUSLY told me that this was possible and that there wouldnt be any problem activating the service by then...

June 22 - They recieved the payment for the router + 2 months in advance for the service

July 1st - They sent me an activation email with the user and password EMPTY for the activation, plus, i havent recieved the router by now. No internet. I complained and politely called them and sent them the tickets and bla bla bla explaining the situation...

July 8th - Still without internet, cant call them because they no longer even have the phone, they have deleted my Support ticket, the service status is STILL in pending, i just have a router which is useless. I no longer recieve any answer, im basically paying for nothing while living under a rock without internet.




In conclusion, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

On the side, anything i can do? Can i sue them or complain to some swiss authority?

Edit: Just saw that i have wrote them 3 support tickets, which they have deleted them at their own platform, so they are aware but they dont seem to care as they dont even answer.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08.07.2021, 12:07
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 3,729
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,510 Times in 2,060 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
Sorry to revive an old topic, but im seen forced to share my experience with them...

The best way to explain this is through a timeline...
June 15 - I start the process of hiring it, since i need it by the 1st of July and they have PREVIOUSLY told me that this was possible and that there wouldnt be any problem activating the service by then...

June 22 - They recieved the payment for the router + 2 months in advance for the service

July 1st - They sent me an activation email with the user and password EMPTY for the activation, plus, i havent recieved the router by now. No internet. I complained and politely called them and sent them the tickets and bla bla bla explaining the situation...

July 8th - Still without internet, cant call them because they no longer even have the phone, they have deleted my Support ticket, the service status is STILL in pending, i just have a router which is useless. I no longer recieve any answer, im basically paying for nothing while living under a rock without internet.




In conclusion, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

On the side, anything i can do? Can i sue them or complain to some swiss authority?

Edit: Just saw that i have wrote them 3 support tickets, which they have deleted them at their own platform, so they are aware but they dont seem to care as they dont even answer.
Their website shows a phone and an email address, maybe this helps:

+41445132111
support@interxs.ch
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 08.07.2021, 12:18
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 545
Groaned at 200 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 1,959 Times in 938 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
Sorry to revive an old topic, but im seen forced to share my experience with them...

The best way to explain this is through a timeline...
June 15 - I start the process of hiring it, since i need it by the 1st of July and they have PREVIOUSLY told me that this was possible and that there wouldnt be any problem activating the service by then...

June 22 - They recieved the payment for the router + 2 months in advance for the service

July 1st - They sent me an activation email with the user and password EMPTY for the activation, plus, i havent recieved the router by now. No internet. I complained and politely called them and sent them the tickets and bla bla bla explaining the situation...

July 8th - Still without internet, cant call them because they no longer even have the phone, they have deleted my Support ticket, the service status is STILL in pending, i just have a router which is useless. I no longer recieve any answer, im basically paying for nothing while living under a rock without internet.




In conclusion, STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

On the side, anything i can do? Can i sue them or complain to some swiss authority?

Edit: Just saw that i have wrote them 3 support tickets, which they have deleted them at their own platform, so they are aware but they dont seem to care as they dont even answer.
Just to say I've had the opposite experience - absolutely brilliant - sorry to hear of your trouble though.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08.07.2021, 12:27
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 573 Times in 325 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
Their website shows a phone and an email address, maybe this helps:

+41445132111
support@interxs.ch
The phone doesnt work anymore
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank martin959 for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 08.07.2021, 12:40
squeezethecroc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Wallis
Posts: 224
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 340 Times in 146 Posts
squeezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond reputesqueezethecroc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
anything i can do? Can i sue them or complain to some swiss authority?
You could track down the three guys listed here and send them each an email/registered letter.

You could also post reviews on as many appropriate sites as you can find. State your case as you've done here, keep it factual and as polite as you can muster.

I've done this in the past and got results without having to sue them or even threaten them with it.

Good luck.
https://www.moneyhouse.ch/en/company...951/management
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank squeezethecroc for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 08.07.2021, 14:03
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 573 Times in 325 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Quote:
View Post
You could track down the three guys listed here and send them each an email/registered letter.

You could also post reviews on as many appropriate sites as you can find. State your case as you've done here, keep it factual and as polite as you can muster.

I've done this in the past and got results without having to sue them or even threaten them with it.

Good luck.
https://www.moneyhouse.ch/en/company...951/management
Thanks! To be honest, i just want to have internet at home

If i dont have it for the next week i will start doing what you just told me
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank martin959 for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 12.07.2021, 17:38
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,258
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 573 Times in 325 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

Was anyone able to cancel an account/service with them? I just gave up on them... No answer since more than a week and i have opened tickets once every 2 days with absolute no luck...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14.07.2021, 11:57
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 28
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
NEVER SETTLE has no particular reputation at present
Re: Is Interxs reliable?

I just came here after sitting on the line for a longer period than normal, and no answer.
That's already a warning sign of a company that you should stay away from ( = poor customer support) (and I just wanted to ask a question about becoming a customer).

.....well, I guess that's confirmed. Staying away from them.
Thanks for sharing your experience Martin. Hope you'll solve it.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Microspot a good/reliable source for Macbooks? Konuku TV/internet/telephone 15 19.09.2015 14:32
Is this site reliable? Jéssi ૐ Housing in general 4 25.05.2015 22:18
Is this salary tool reliable? Shaunagus Employment 16 19.04.2014 01:58
What is a reliable LGA1366 Motherboard? Guest Other/general 6 12.12.2011 12:59
How hard is it to find reliable friends these days SoCalCoise Daily life 75 19.04.2010 11:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0