Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11.07.2018, 22:31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Hi,

look out for these guys. When you change to ERechnung, they don't send all the bills, and while you think you are paying them properly every 2 months or so, they forget to include some month(s) and you end up with a fine without noticing it unless you check the "Rechnung" page on their site, where they have the real good bills without errors.

Then if you go to a shop or talk with them online, they don't accept their error and you still have to pay the fine. Because you are suppose to check and confirm every bill with their ones from their website. WTF?

Do these guys want to reduce customers or something?

I will definitely change

Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank zuerichsee for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 11.07.2018, 22:36
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 8,074
Groaned at 53 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 12,256 Times in 5,758 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, but I'm sure there were terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up for electronic bills. It's common sense that you go check what the company is charging, so that if there are mistakes you can dispute before the deadline to dispute is up.

You'll have the same problem no matter what company you choose. If you want e-billing, it's your job to actually look at the bills.

Edit to add - The same thing is true with e-banking or credit card statements. You have to go check them to make sure the deposits/withdrawals and charges are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11.07.2018, 22:39
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, but I'm sure there were terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up for electronic bills. It's common sense that you go check what the company is charging, so that if there are mistakes you can dispute before the deadline to dispute is up.

You'll have the same problem no matter what company you choose. If you want e-billing, it's your job to actually look at the bills.

Edit to add - The same thing is true with e-banking or credit card statements. You have to go check them to make sure the deposits/withdrawals and charges are correct.
So what is the reason of ERechnung? To do double work?

Thanks for the welcome

I thought that with E-Rechnung they are suppose to send you the same bills electronically directly to your online banking. Exactly the same thing. So you just have to confirm, not open both and say. OK, they are the same. They are doing it right.

What happens when both bills are not the same?
For example, I don't have in the E-Rechnung with the last bill with the fine.

Should I call them at the beginning of every month to confirm that they are sending the bill? Sorry, but that is not acceptable and it's their error.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 12.07.2018 at 09:53. Reason: merged replies and fixed typo - you're too new to have editing privileges just yet
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11.07.2018, 22:55
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,038
Groaned at 317 Times in 213 Posts
Thanked 9,173 Times in 3,247 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

UPC email me a PDF of the bill and deduct it from my bank. I have paid every month since they were called Rediffusion and that was before the internet - without a single problem...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11.07.2018, 23:02
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

lucky you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11.07.2018, 23:09
jaudi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 517
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 432 Times in 206 Posts
jaudi has an excellent reputationjaudi has an excellent reputationjaudi has an excellent reputationjaudi has an excellent reputation
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

They failed to bill me the whole of last year, then sent a bill of 1200 sfr for christmas...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11.07.2018, 23:09
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,110
Groaned at 85 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 7,345 Times in 3,960 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
So why is the reason of ERechnung? To do double work?
You pay them "every two months or so"?

You don't need to go on their website. The ERechnung is in your ebanking, you click "Rechnung einsehen", then open the PDF, check the bill, find out it is okay, then you pay it.

It's dead easy and comfortable.
I pay them every month though

Ahhh, and if you don't agree with the bill, you click "ablehnen". The bill "goes back" to upc. Or at least the info that you rejected it. I don't know, I never needed to do that.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 11.07.2018, 23:28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
You pay them "every two months or so"?

You don't need to go on their website. The ERechnung is in your ebanking, you click "Rechnung einsehen", then open the PDF, check the bill, find out it is okay, then you pay it.

It's dead easy and comfortable.
I pay them every month though

Ahhh, and if you don't agree with the bill, you click "ablehnen". The bill "goes back" to upc. Or at least the info that you rejected it. I don't know, I never needed to do that.
I meant I received the Ebill every two months. Pleaaaaaaaase

I always accepted all of their Ebills they sent me...... Is there any way to see if I accidentally cancelled one or something? That could clarify this mess. But I don't think so. I don't remember cancelling an Ebill...

Have a good night and pay your bills without E-shits...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12.07.2018, 15:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St Gallen Kanton
Posts: 981
Groaned at 236 Times in 168 Posts
Thanked 2,046 Times in 935 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Just to check, you were definitely approving every rechnung as it came in, right?


ERehnung doesnt actually pay the bills, it just collates them online. You still have to go in, review each one (in theory) and aprove/reject it, which involves setting a payment date.


As well, you should be getting an email every time there is a new Erechnung.


Which makes it quite convenient; you get the notification you have an Ebill, log into Ebanking and review it, and approve it with the payment date set for when you get paid. It can all be done within a minute.


If they havent sent you the bills at all, but you can prove you signed up for ERechnung then its their fault. If so, id pay the bills but refuse to pay the fine. It was their fault, not yours.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12.07.2018, 17:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 257
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 115 Times in 67 Posts
dbucar has earned some respectdbucar has earned some respect
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
You pay them "every two months or so"?

You don't need to go on their website. The ERechnung is in your ebanking, you click "Rechnung einsehen", then open the PDF, check the bill, find out it is okay, then you pay it.

It's dead easy and comfortable.
I pay them every month though

Ahhh, and if you don't agree with the bill, you click "ablehnen". The bill "goes back" to upc. Or at least the info that you rejected it. I don't know, I never needed to do that.
This or just do an automatic payment each month.

Been using their e-billing for more than a year now without issues...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12.07.2018, 19:03
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

It all clear now.

They called me this morning saying sorry for the wrong bills they sent me through E-Rechung. They don't know why that happened.

I just have to pay one month, that is not been paid and it wasn't in the E-Rechnung and I don't have to pay any fine.

Moreover I have received today a letter (this time in paper) with another much higer sum, that I have to ignore.

These guys have some troubles with their system but they understand you if you insist. They told me to install the app from UPC to easy check the billing.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank zuerichsee for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 12.07.2018, 19:12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
zuerichsee has no particular reputation at present
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

And guys, that it works for you doesn't mean that it works for everybody.

It's not you and just you, you egocentric generation & their friends.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at zuerichsee for this post:
  #13  
Old 12.07.2018, 19:25
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,110
Groaned at 85 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 7,345 Times in 3,960 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
And guys, that it works for you doesn't mean that it works for everybody.

It's not you and just you, you egocentric generation & their friends.


Quote:
View Post
Hi,

look out for these guys. When you change to ERechnung, they don't send all the bills, and while you think you are paying them properly every 2 months or so, they forget to include some month(s) and you end up with a fine without noticing it unless you check the "Rechnung" page on their site, where they have the real good bills without errors.

Then if you go to a shop or talk with them online, they don't accept their error and you still have to pay the fine. Because you are suppose to check and confirm every bill with their ones from their website. WTF?

Do these guys want to reduce customers or something?

I will definitely change

Thanks for reading
If it doesn't work for you it doesn't mean it doesn't work for anybody else

Glad the problem is solved. And I'm sure the entire world - who ends up on EF sooner or later if using google - is very pleased to know you had a problem with upc and it's solved.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 12.07.2018, 19:49
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 8,074
Groaned at 53 Times in 49 Posts
Thanked 12,256 Times in 5,758 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Glad it worked out. You may want to double-check for the next few months to make sure the billing is coming as expected. All our bills arrive monthly, except the semi- and annual ones like insurances. We don't pay anything every two months, so if we didn't get a bill we'd wonder what was going on.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12.07.2018, 20:13
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,110
Groaned at 85 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 7,345 Times in 3,960 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
Glad it worked out. You may want to double-check for the next few months to make sure the billing is coming as expected. All our bills arrive monthly, except the semi- and annual ones like insurances. We don't pay anything every two months, so if we didn't get a bill we'd wonder what was going on.
This and this and this ..... normal procedure.

Actually it's somewhere in the law that if one knows they owe money to someone they should alert the creditor if the bill has not arrived.
Considering how EF-ers just luv the laws .....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 12.07.2018, 21:01
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 2,968
Groaned at 62 Times in 56 Posts
Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,633 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
I thought that with E-Rechnung they are suppose to send you the same bills electronically directly to your online banking. Exactly the same thing. So you just have to confirm, not open both and say. OK, they are the same. They are doing it right.
People make mistakes, computer programs have bugs and systems fail.... always check your invoices no matter what the source is before you pay them. Because once the money leaves your account, it is difficult to get it back.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12.07.2018, 22:28
carlasmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Biel/Bienne
Posts: 413
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 422 Times in 200 Posts
carlasmom has an excellent reputationcarlasmom has an excellent reputationcarlasmom has an excellent reputationcarlasmom has an excellent reputation
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

UPC has been charging us for individual phone calls to Germany even though we pay a flat rate for phone calls within Europe. This has happened 4 months in a row. Each time I call them and point out their mistake. Each time they take off the surplus charges and promise it won’t happen again.

Very annoying and makes me want to switch providers. But I’m not confident that other companies are without issues. We’re stayingand reading our e-bill carefully for the time being.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank carlasmom for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 12.07.2018, 22:40
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,110
Groaned at 85 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 7,345 Times in 3,960 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
UPC has been charging us for individual phone calls to Germany even though we pay a flat rate for phone calls within Europe. This has happened 4 months in a row. Each time I call them and point out their mistake. Each time they take off the surplus charges and promise it won’t happen again.

Very annoying and makes me want to switch providers. But I’m not confident that other companies are without issues. We’re stayingand reading our e-bill carefully for the time being.
True, I remember when there is a bug in the upc billing system, it takes a long time to get rid of it. While the poor folks on the phone - who are not at fault - are always very nice.

But you know, you can change the amount in the e-banking bill they send you
I just adapt it. THAT really mucks up their book-keeping.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13.07.2018, 09:53
ise ise is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 1854 Leysin
Posts: 92
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
ise has earned some respectise has earned some respect
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

There does seem to be some pretty major issues with Ebills.

In the middle of last year for no apparent reason, Swisscom stopped issuing ebills to us. Around the same time they changed the name on my mobile to my wife also for no reason. No attempt since then, with the usual dozens of hours on the phone, succeeded in reversing either change. The bank says it's all been done and Swisscom also said it has but still no ebill.

We had the same issue with CSS, we moved from PostFinance to Raiffeisen and changed the ebill. It worked for me but my wife never gets one. Again, both CSS and Raiffeisen say it's all fine and/or each others fault.

It all seems a bit fragile and my experience is that very few people in the businesses have a good understanding of how it all works.
__________________
SwissMountainLeader.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13.07.2018, 14:36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 257
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 115 Times in 67 Posts
dbucar has earned some respectdbucar has earned some respect
Re: UPC: billing problems with ERechnung and fine

Quote:
View Post
And guys, that it works for you doesn't mean that it works for everybody.

It's not you and just you, you egocentric generation & their friends.
Look in the mirror maybe?
Read your first post and say you were not generalizing (with all the "you"s meaning "everyone using their service")
And yet again, with the above in bold.
Hilarious.


On another note:
Good to hear that it got sorted out.

Happy Friday everyone!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPC billing problems philo Complaints corner 37 04.05.2017 19:43
UPC basic service: 40 Mbps, separate billing MajorGrubert TV/internet/telephone 22 28.09.2016 22:47
moving with UPC - praise and problem ChrisNeedsToKnow TV/internet/telephone 2 02.02.2015 23:18
UPC Change Over Day Problems amy123 TV/internet/telephone 11 10.06.2014 16:30
Help: How can I buy a uk rail ticket with a credit card and a swiss billing address? BaselLife Other/general 5 11.12.2007 21:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0