Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.08.2018, 00:27
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
Dear Sunrise customer, Your Data Roaming Region 1 loyalty option with 0.49 GB ends on 0.49. You can find our current subscriptions, options, and sales at www.sunrise.ch Sincerely, Your Sunrise team
Anybody able to translate this message into English?

In particular what the hell does "ends on 0.49" mean? Is 0.49 some sort of coded date??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30.08.2018, 06:02
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Thailand
Posts: 102
Groaned at 69 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 34 Times in 24 Posts
roadrabbit is considered unworthyroadrabbit is considered unworthyroadrabbit is considered unworthyroadrabbit is considered unworthy
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Sunrise is an absolute joke.
I know as I worked there for 3 years.
Bent organisation.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roadrabbit for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at roadrabbit for this post:
  #3  
Old 30.08.2018, 07:37
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 20,493
Groaned at 355 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,965 Times in 8,593 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

No idea what needs translating since it's in English anyway.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Medea Fleecestealer for this post:
  #4  
Old 30.08.2018, 07:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,729
Groaned at 677 Times in 494 Posts
Thanked 15,695 Times in 6,151 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Anybody able to translate this message into English?

In particular what the hell does "ends on 0.49" mean? Is 0.49 some sort of coded date??
Could it be ends on 04.09? Either way surely the simplest thing is to call and ask them?

Quote:
View Post
No idea what needs translating since it's in English anyway.
You can still say "translate this for me" for something written in English... it means its near-unintelligible to the person asking. Don't you have any common sense to figure that out?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 30.08.2018, 08:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,210
Groaned at 244 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,318 Times in 5,331 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Either way surely the simplest thing is to call and ask them?
That's what I thought too as it is so obvious. We should demote Marton to newbie
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.08.2018, 08:31
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 20,493
Groaned at 355 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,965 Times in 8,593 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Could it be ends on 04.09? Either way surely the simplest thing is to call and ask them?



You can still say "translate this for me" for something written in English... it means its near-unintelligible to the person asking. Don't you have any common sense to figure that out?
Well considering every time I click on the link it goes to something different in the way of offers, no. My guess from the first time I went there is that 0.49 was the time remaining for one of the offers - which has now been extended for another 14 days iirc.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:03
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Could it be ends on 04.09? Either way surely the simplest thing is to call and ask them?

You can still say "translate this for me" for something written in English... it means its near-unintelligible to the person asking. Don't you have any common sense to figure that out?
Of course, I simply love sitting on the phone for half an hour listening to cr#p music waiting for someone to pick up the phone at their end.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,729
Groaned at 677 Times in 494 Posts
Thanked 15,695 Times in 6,151 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Of course, I simply love sitting on the phone for half an hour listening to cr#p music waiting for someone to pick up the phone at their end.
As opposed to... not knowing. There are no flies on you, marton!

PS: If you call early enough after they open there are no significant queues. Again, this should be obvious.

Besides, you are retired and seem to spend 90% of the day on EF so what difference does it make if you sit at your computer on speakerphone waiting for Sunrise to pick up?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:16
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Well considering every time I click on the link it goes to something different in the way of offers, no. My guess from the first time I went there is that 0.49 was the time remaining for one of the offers - which has now been extended for another 14 days iirc.
Exciting offers

I currently pay CHF 20 per month and the best offer shown is CHF 5 more @ CHF 25!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:22
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
As opposed to... not knowing. There are no flies on you, marton!

PS: If you call early enough after they open there are no significant queues. Again, this should be obvious.

Besides, you are retired and seem to spend 90% of the day on EF so what difference does it make if you sit at your computer on speakerphone waiting for Sunrise to pick up?
If they want to inform me about something then they can call me, I am the customer.

I am certainly not dumb enough to get up at the crack of dawn to call and ask about their exciting opportunity to spend CHF 5 more per month.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:36
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Well considering every time I click on the link it goes to something different in the way of offers, no. My guess from the first time I went there is that 0.49 was the time remaining for one of the offers - which has now been extended for another 14 days iirc.
That offer that has now been extended for another 14 days is only for non - sunrise customers who switch to sunrise.

As mentioned the other offers are less than exciting
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Geneva area
Posts: 369
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 437 Times in 178 Posts
hairybadger has earned the respect of manyhairybadger has earned the respect of manyhairybadger has earned the respect of many
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Anybody able to translate this message into English?

In particular what the hell does "ends on 0.49" mean? Is 0.49 some sort of coded date??
Since it's the same figure as the data allowance I'd guess that it's a programming/templating error - the same variable has been interpolated twice into the message template and the date variable has been lost.



TL;DR - programming error - same figure 0.49 used twice.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank hairybadger for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 30.08.2018, 09:56
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,687
Groaned at 356 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 14,045 Times in 7,728 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
Since it's the same figure as the data allowance I'd guess that it's a programming/templating error - the same variable has been interpolated twice into the message template and the date variable has been lost.

TL;DR - programming error - same figure 0.49 used twice.
Likely, or less likely they configured the date variable as a decimal but too much of a coincidence to have had the same value shown.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30.08.2018, 12:40
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,729
Groaned at 677 Times in 494 Posts
Thanked 15,695 Times in 6,151 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Incomprehensible message from sunrise

Quote:
View Post
If they want to inform me about something then they can call me, I am the customer.

I am certainly not dumb enough to get up at the crack of dawn to call and ask about their exciting opportunity to spend CHF 5 more per month.
Up at the 'crack of dawn'? They are open from 8am, and even 9am would be fine and not busy. And no, of course they aren't going to randomly call you to inform you of a mistake they aren't aware of, use some basic common sense.

You may not be 'dumb', but I wouldn't say you are particularly smart either.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
security message from microsoft tesso TV/internet/telephone 6 20.12.2012 20:09
Passive aggressive message from Swiss little old lady? red_conundrum Complaints corner 78 05.12.2012 23:26
A message from the queen EPMike Jokes/funnies 2 15.11.2012 20:49
EF says 1 message in inbox but there is no message! The_Love_Doctor Forum support 3 21.12.2011 14:42
Fixed phone (Cablecom) plays (Sunrise) message when dialing. Why? lebez TV/internet/telephone 2 06.09.2011 20:13


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0