Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.01.2019, 09:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RyanNguyen has no particular reputation at present
LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

Hello,

I will be arriving in Lausanne next week and i am currently looking for a decent and cheap plan for a year.

The cheapest i found is from Lyca Mobile

https://www.lycamobile.ch/en/bundles/

They have unlimited data on all their plans which is very good. Currently, there is a sale for the M (at 9CHF) for the first 30 days. After that it is 39CHF. Their S plan is 19CHF.

Does anyone know if i can change the plan afterwards? Ie. i purcahse the 9chf (M) and then change it to S after 30 days.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18.01.2019, 09:51
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nyon
Posts: 2,653
Groaned at 71 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,271 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

If cheap is a priority then indeed Lyca is great. They are also pretty good and reliable..
But - search the forum a little, when it doesn't work it can be a real pain, you get virtually no customer support, when it's broke, forget it.

And yes. You can switch month to month between the different deals, they are generally 30 day plans, when they are done, that's it.

You add credit to your account, say 200chf.. You buy an M deal for 10chf. You have 190chf remaining..
After 30 days M is finished and anything you do, data/call/txt comes out of your balance at a much higher rate.. Or you renew the M or change to S etc etc.

If you manage it properly it works really well
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank John_H for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 18.01.2019, 10:17
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RyanNguyen has no particular reputation at present
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

Quote:
View Post
If cheap is a priority then indeed Lyca is great. They are also pretty good and reliable..
But - search the forum a little, when it doesn't work it can be a real pain, you get virtually no customer support, when it's broke, forget it.

And yes. You can switch month to month between the different deals, they are generally 30 day plans, when they are done, that's it.

You add credit to your account, say 200chf.. You buy an M deal for 10chf. You have 190chf remaining..
After 30 days M is finished and anything you do, data/call/txt comes out of your balance at a much higher rate.. Or you renew the M or change to S etc etc.

If you manage it properly it works really well
Any chance you know the steps to switching from M to S? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.01.2019, 10:53
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nyon
Posts: 2,653
Groaned at 71 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,207 Times in 1,271 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

Quote:
View Post
Any chance you know the steps to switching from M to S? I cannot find it anywhere.

Thank you.
I havn't used them in a few years.. But the info is here.


https://www.lycamobile.ch/en/bundle/data-s-2/

Existing customers:
Dial *139*91490# and follow the instructions on the screen or Text 91490 to 3535
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank John_H for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 25.01.2019, 22:56
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: siebnen
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
michebel has no particular reputation at present
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

For a temporary solution (and not only) I can suggest lycamobile. I've been using it for 9 months now. It works great but forget to understand customer support and to understand the way it actually works about renewals, roaming included/no included....
I've spent some time in trying to understand why i can not pay the bundle with my credit and I gave up. Even the price of the bundle, I'm paying 19CHF for Swiss M from several months now (good anyway). And finally i don't understand why I pay as I move abroad (EU) because it is supposed I should have something like 100MB (Swiss M again) and actually I've paid always...
For the remaining part, it's cheap enough to forget the above issues.
Cheers
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank michebel for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 26.01.2019, 05:49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Romandie
Posts: 442
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 225 Times in 143 Posts
Miostar has made some interesting contributions
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I will be arriving in Lausanne next week and i am currently looking for a decent and cheap plan for a year.

The cheapest i found is from Lyca Mobile

https://www.lycamobile.ch/en/bundles/

They have unlimited data on all their plans which is very good. Currently, there is a sale for the M (at 9CHF) for the first 30 days. After that it is 39CHF. Their S plan is 19CHF.

Does anyone know if i can change the plan afterwards? Ie. i purcahse the 9chf (M) and then change it to S after 30 days.

Thank you.


tick off auto renewal.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26.01.2019, 11:11
Jeep Life's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: French Area
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Jeep Life has no particular reputation at present
Re: LycaMobile Bundle - S & M

I am using Lycamobile for over a year and have called their customer support on a few occasions. No issues and support was what you would expect from any other provider. Also their plans are quite good compared to others on the market.

The best deal is that when you top up 200 CHF you get extra 125 CHF (Free credit).

When you top-up a bundle it will be taken off your 200 CHF.

All international calls, Data roaming when you are travelling taken of the free credit.. worked great so far for my needs!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jeep Life for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
lyca mobile, lycamobile, mobile, prepaid




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lycamobile Data Bundle Balance/Usage mdjilas TV/internet/telephone 3 16.07.2018 10:04
FS: Fender Squier electric guitar + amp bundle [8050 Zurich Oerlikon] Papa Lemming Items for sale 4 30.06.2018 13:58
How is it LycaMobile's International bundle is cheaper w/ more than its National one? Geminder TV/internet/telephone 61 12.03.2018 11:26
Boys bundle - 5 years, UK brands (M&S, FatFace) WendyM Items for sale 0 06.06.2017 16:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0