Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15.01.2021, 12:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Baden
Posts: 39
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
vongillus has no particular reputation at present
Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Hi,


since several days I cannot connect to Lycamobile network anymore. If I try to call it says ""your SIM is not registered, please register your SIM before using". It began with 4G not working anymore, I could still get SMS and now nothing more.


I contacted several times the support, but they just told me that I have to register again my SIM card in a shop. OK fine, let's go to a shop but with COVID it's not that easy. After trying 3 places, I found one but the guy says that he doesn't register old cards...


I call again Lycamobile and they tell me that there is no other option. Great, I cannot connect to my bank account anymore, etc.


Then I called another retailer and he tells me the same thing, only new SIM card can be registered...


So my question: if I buy a new SIM, then I should be able to move my existing number to it right? Do you think all my credit will also be moved back? I had quite a lot of money there (like Fr. 280)...


Second question: it's apparently quite often that it happens with Lycamobile, is that true? Any such experiences?


OK, I know Lycamobile is cheap and therefore such problems can happen but still!


Thanks


Gilles
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15.01.2021, 21:01
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,800
Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,130 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

280 SFr!


Are you sure it doesn't simply mean "not registered on network"? This is different to your card not being registered in their system (but I guess could also be the case) and can happen when you move out of range. We never had much luck with Lyca as it often wouldn't register on the network.


Is there an online customer portal where you can see your balance etc? You need maybe a replacement SIM not a new one with a new number. You'll lose your credit otherwise. Ask them for your money back if it doesn't work.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Landers for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 15.01.2021, 22:26
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,525
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,740 Times in 4,346 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

We’ve used Lycamobile for over 5 years now on 2 phones and never experienced any problems...

If you move away I very much doubt you’ll your CHF280 again. I’ve never lodged more than CHF50 with them and now pay monthly on my credit card as the bonuses are next to useless....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 16.01.2021, 19:28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Baden
Posts: 39
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
vongillus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Thanks for your advices. The problem is that I cannot even connect anymore to their portal with my number. It says "unknown number".

Today I went to another retailer but he didn't want also to re-register my existing SIM. Only sell a new one.

So I am kind of stuck. Because I am afraid as you said that if I buy a new one, they will somehow manage to delete my credit...and re-assign my existing number.

And the Fr. 280 is because at the beginning I thought that the SURF options would be taken from that credit. But it's taken directly from the credit card and as I nearly never call then I have this "stupid" credit on my account.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16.01.2021, 19:35
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,159
Groaned at 43 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 1,946 Times in 988 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Have you called back support to explaire their resets are refusing the service they have suggested and asked them to fix it? You are the client and something is broken - don't give up.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kri for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 16.01.2021, 21:03
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zürich
Posts: 100
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 166 Times in 81 Posts
youcannotbeserious has earned the respect of manyyoucannotbeserious has earned the respect of manyyoucannotbeserious has earned the respect of many
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for your advices. The problem is that I cannot even connect anymore to their portal with my number. It says "unknown number".

Today I went to another retailer but he didn't want also to re-register my existing SIM. Only sell a new one.

So I am kind of stuck. Because I am afraid as you said that if I buy a new one, they will somehow manage to delete my credit...and re-assign my existing number.

And the Fr. 280 is because at the beginning I thought that the SURF options would be taken from that credit. But it's taken directly from the credit card and as I nearly never call then I have this "stupid" credit on my account.
For the last point, it depends how you buy them. If you buy them on the website it is a new charge, but if you buy the data packages by typing whatever code is needed in your phone, then it is credited from your balance.

I don't know if this may be the case, but I have a prepaid card from another carrier from my home country to keep my "since forever" number there, and I have to recharge every six months or they threaten deactivating the line. I do not know if Lyca has such a policy, and if you have been buying data packages it would make no sense, but I wonder if not having made "proper" recharges may be the reason why they deregistered the number.

I suppose you already tried changing the settings to connect manually to the network and all that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17.01.2021, 11:25
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 580
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 275 Times in 172 Posts
we_da_man is considered knowledgeablewe_da_man is considered knowledgeablewe_da_man is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Hi,


since several days I cannot connect to Lycamobile network anymore. If I try to call it says ""your SIM is not registered, please register your SIM before using". It began with 4G not working anymore, I could still get SMS and now nothing more.


I contacted several times the support, but they just told me that I have to register again my SIM card in a shop. OK fine, let's go to a shop but with COVID it's not that easy. After trying 3 places, I found one but the guy says that he doesn't register old cards...


I call again Lycamobile and they tell me that there is no other option. Great, I cannot connect to my bank account anymore, etc.


Then I called another retailer and he tells me the same thing, only new SIM card can be registered...


So my question: if I buy a new SIM, then I should be able to move my existing number to it right? Do you think all my credit will also be moved back? I had quite a lot of money there (like Fr. 280)...


Second question: it's apparently quite often that it happens with Lycamobile, is that true? Any such experiences?


OK, I know Lycamobile is cheap and therefore such problems can happen but still!


Thanks


Gilles

Here is what you should do:
1) call Lycamobile customer service, tell them you have a faulty simcard
2) they will send you a new one
3) register the new one in the shop
4) then call customer service again and ask them to transfer the old number to the new simcard.
it takes about a week for this process to complete.

If you want a short cut (faster process) then you can also just
1) buy a new simcsard from the shop
2) register the simcard at the shop
3) then call lycamobile and tell them that you were advised by them to buy a new card as yours was not working
4) they will process the number, account and credit into the new simcard

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18.01.2021, 17:24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Baden
Posts: 39
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
vongillus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Actually I did buy a new SIM card to have a least a number...

It would be OK for me to make these steps but the chat "support" tells me that they cannot transfer the credit. Funny enough I tried today the USSD code on my old SIMcard and it works... So I see now that I "only" have Fr. 152 left.

And I checked on another phone, it's the same.

I sent an Email to them, saying that they should give a solution to this problem otherwise I will contact some Ombut organism. Let's see if it does something.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18.01.2021, 17:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Basel
Posts: 410
Groaned at 24 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 661 Times in 265 Posts
Polymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond reputePolymath has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Hi,


since several days I cannot connect to Lycamobile network anymore. If I try to call it says ""your SIM is not registered, please register your SIM before using". It began with 4G not working anymore, I could still get SMS and now nothing more.


I contacted several times the support, but they just told me that I have to register again my SIM card in a shop. OK fine, let's go to a shop but with COVID it's not that easy. After trying 3 places, I found one but the guy says that he doesn't register old cards...


I call again Lycamobile and they tell me that there is no other option. Great, I cannot connect to my bank account anymore, etc.


Then I called another retailer and he tells me the same thing, only new SIM card can be registered...


So my question: if I buy a new SIM, then I should be able to move my existing number to it right? Do you think all my credit will also be moved back? I had quite a lot of money there (like Fr. 280)...


Second question: it's apparently quite often that it happens with Lycamobile, is that true? Any such experiences?


OK, I know Lycamobile is cheap and therefore such problems can happen but still!


Thanks


Gilles
My sim card inexplicably stopped working after perhaps 4 years. I just ordered another one from the website, registered it remotely (if I recall correctly this required downloading an app and submitting a pic of my ID which irked me somewhat), and then requested a transfer of my number to the new sim card. Works fine now. As others have mentioned, beware of inactivity.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18.01.2021, 22:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,800
Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,130 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
... then requested a transfer of my number to the new sim card. Works fine now. As others have mentioned, beware of inactivity.

But you would have lost any credit on your old card, which is the problem in this case.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18.01.2021, 22:53
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,800
Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,130 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Funny enough I tried today the USSD code on my old SIMcard and it works... So I see now that I "only" have Fr. 152 left.

Did you try making a call or using data? Odd that the USSD code should work but not anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19.01.2021, 22:00
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Baden
Posts: 39
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
vongillus has no particular reputation at present
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Quote:
View Post
Did you try making a call or using data? Odd that the USSD code should work but not anything else.
Yes calling doesn't work and data neither.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20.01.2021, 19:49
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Vaud
Posts: 26
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Marxb has earned some respectMarxb has earned some respect
Re: Lycamobile: SIM card got unregistered, advice needed!

Hi,


I had the same problem at the beginning of january.


Before calling support, i tried the sim card in another phone, problem is the same.


I contacted support per email (cs@lycamobile.ch), they replied and asked that i tried a manual search of networks, then restart phone and check if everything is ok, if not ok, I had to call them.


I called them to explain the manual search didn't work. The next step was to order a new sim card on their website, register it with the same name as the previous card, and then call them again to transfer the number and the credit to the new card.


I received the new card, registered it using a rather shady app with my passport, and then called them again.


Once they checked that I was the owner with many questions like the amount of the last topup, favorite phone numbers etc., they said the transfer will be effective within 24 hours.


24 hours later, i restarted my phone and it was done.


If it can help, the faulty sim card was detected as defect on an iphone with no pin code asked, and on an android phone, the pincode was asked and then no network.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Marxb for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to remove saved credit card from Lycamobile? Geminder TV/internet/telephone 1 27.09.2020 22:38
Lycamobile Activate Sim Card omtatsat TV/internet/telephone 9 07.10.2017 18:35
Lycamobile, advice needed... dashday TV/internet/telephone 9 16.03.2015 21:19
Which bank to choose ? Which card/debit card/etc ? Help needed:) mihai Finance/banking/taxation 12 25.07.2011 17:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0