Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.02.2007, 19:59
inachis's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: vevey
Posts: 41
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
inachis has no particular reputation at present
Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Zattoo now enlarged their channels incudes french and italian + BBC prime!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01.02.2007, 20:15
spmull06's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 471
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
spmull06 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
Zattoo now enlarged their channels incudes french and italian + BBC prime!
Their Mac version will not update! Argh... I've tried a number of times this afternoon and evening.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01.02.2007, 20:22
Nickj's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Currently in Africa
Posts: 412
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 64 Times in 44 Posts
Nickj has made some interesting contributions
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Mac version works fine, I updated a few days ago no probs

Nick
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01.02.2007, 20:27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

For the rest of us.... what's Zattoo??



HeatherM
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01.02.2007, 20:45
Flashman4's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Haegendorf
Posts: 836
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 455 Times in 259 Posts
Flashman4 has an excellent reputationFlashman4 has an excellent reputationFlashman4 has an excellent reputationFlashman4 has an excellent reputation
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
For the rest of us.... what's Zattoo??



HeatherM
It's a way of watching telly on your computer.

Go to http://www.zattoo.com/about to find out more.

Last edited by Flashman4; 01.02.2007 at 21:02.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01.02.2007, 20:41
spmull06's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 471
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
spmull06 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
Mac version works fine, I updated a few days ago no probs

Nick
I have continually downloaded their new version, and it always repeats afterwards "you need to upgrade." I then went to the website, downloaded it from there and was told again after installation that I had not downloaded the latest version. I ensured that before downloading I also deleted the old version -- so I really do not understand what is wrong with my computer then. I have never had problems with any program before, which is why I presume it is them.

p.s. I just tried to upgrade *again* -- it is still 2.2.0 and not 2.2.2
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01.02.2007, 21:43
Nickj's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Currently in Africa
Posts: 412
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 64 Times in 44 Posts
Nickj has made some interesting contributions
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
I have continually downloaded their new version, and it always repeats afterwards "you need to upgrade." I then went to the website, downloaded it from there and was told again after installation that I had not downloaded the latest version. I ensured that before downloading I also deleted the old version -- so I really do not understand what is wrong with my computer then. I have never had problems with any program before, which is why I presume it is them.

p.s. I just tried to upgrade *again* -- it is still 2.2.0 and not 2.2.2
I was running the older version, then I got the message that a newer one exists do I want to upgrade and then it just did it, can't really help you on this as to why yours doesn;t work.
Try deleting your preferences for the older version in the prefs file maybe
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01.02.2007, 21:45
spmull06's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA, USA
Posts: 471
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
spmull06 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
I was running the older version, then I got the message that a newer one exists do I want to upgrade and then it just did it, can't really help you on this as to why yours doesn;t work.
Try deleting your preferences for the older version in the prefs file maybe
I received an email first, and then received the internal program message. My program will not upgrade for some reason.

Can you please send me to a download address where I can actually upgrade then? I am tired of repeatedly downloading the old version, to only be met by the message that I should upgrade to the new one.

p.s. Ok... I finally got it to work. I have no idea why it took so long.

Last edited by spmull06; 01.02.2007 at 21:58.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11.05.2007, 14:36
Delphinium Blue
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
View Post
Zattoo now enlarged their channels incudes french and italian + BBC prime!
I'm really peeved, the rotten puddocks have just chopped BBC Prime with their latest upgrade. Now I'm gonna have to miss out on Top Gear Xtra,,,bother!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11.05.2007, 14:46
UncleMike988's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baden
Posts: 87
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 47 Posts
UncleMike988 has earned the respect of manyUncleMike988 has earned the respect of manyUncleMike988 has earned the respect of many
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Hmmm, Joost is saying that I need to be "invited" (by an existing user) in order to get a copy of their download.

Another question:

What's the best way to get English telly over here ? Cablecom seems to suggest you can get BBC1 & 2 and ITV1,2,3 and 4, but I can't see how much that costs.

Also, If I got myself a USB Digital TV stick (like Freeview in the UK), does that include any English telly ?

(God, something's definitely wrong here.. I move from England to one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and all I want to do is watch The Apprentice..!!! )


Mike in Baden
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11.05.2007, 14:59
Delphinium Blue
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Zattoo now doing BBC prime

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm, Joost is saying that I need to be "invited" (by an existing user) in order to get a copy of their download.

Another question:

What's the best way to get English telly over here ? Cablecom seems to suggest you can get BBC1 & 2 and ITV1,2,3 and 4, but I can't see how much that costs.

Also, If I got myself a USB Digital TV stick (like Freeview in the UK), does that include any English telly ?

(God, something's definitely wrong here.. I move from England to one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and all I want to do is watch The Apprentice..!!! )


Mike in Baden
Hi Mike,

send me a private message with your e-mail addy and I can invite you.

Sorry, can't help with your other ?'s
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BBC prime pulled out of Cablecom analog channels Pashosh Complaints corner 147 18.11.2006 21:40


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0