Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > TV/internet/telephone  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 25.11.2009, 20:19
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Apparently you also need to completely uncharge it, then full recharge 2-3 times.

Then it says you need to avoid leaving it going lower than 20% full capacity, although its different info ???
recharging 2-3 times definitely makes a huge difference for modern cell-phones. Usually the battery only lasts a couple of hours on the first day but then gradually improves to full capacity over the next few days.

The 20% rule is apparently also true: partial recharges are reportedly better for the overall battery life than full recharges.

Peter
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dawiz for this useful post:
  #142  
Old 26.11.2009, 10:51
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
well its more a "come back" rather than a regular quality..(motorola)
But review are good with this new phone---

I personnaly dont like its look, I much prefer the SonyErickson Xperia 10... Then the Nokia 900 or the HTC HD2...

Droid looks too...simple, roundish...
I called Nokia UK yesterday and they are now despatching the N900 for existing preorders.
Orders placed now though will be still be preorders as they don't know the upcoming quantities available.
Not sure about Switzerland yet.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 27.11.2009, 17:42
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
I called Nokia UK yesterday and they are now despatching the N900 for existing preorders.
Orders placed now though will be still be preorders as they don't know the upcoming quantities available.
Not sure about Switzerland yet.
FYI
Consignment of 200 Nokia N900 phones should arrive at Zurich Digitec on Tuesday 1st December. 131 orders already placed as of today Friday.
Next order will be in on 15th December.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 28.11.2009, 01:34
Verb's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 121
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 41 Posts
Verb has earned some respectVerb has earned some respect
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
FYI
Consignment of 200 Nokia N900 phones should arrive at Zurich Digitec on Tuesday 1st December. 131 orders already placed as of today Friday.
Next order will be in on 15th December.
Thanks Higgy. I emailed Digitec to inquire a few days ago and they said the Dec 1 date was pretty solid. I am annoyed that the price has dropped CHF 19 since I pre-ordered and Digitec will not let me have the difference even if I cancel my order and re-order.

I tried to cancel and it took the difference between the current price and the price I paid and made that a non-refundable pre-order fee. Has this always been their policy?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Verb for this useful post:
  #145  
Old 28.11.2009, 10:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,040
Groaned at 1,109 Times in 760 Posts
Thanked 18,700 Times in 7,254 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Higgy. I emailed Digitec to inquire a few days ago and they said the Dec 1 date was pretty solid. I am annoyed that the price has dropped CHF 19 since I pre-ordered and Digitec will not let me have the difference even if I cancel my order and re-order.

I tried to cancel and it took the difference between the current price and the price I paid and made that a non-refundable pre-order fee. Has this always been their policy?
Surely if you cancel an order that hasn't arrived you get the FULL amount back? I would call and give them hell about that, or tell your bank and see what they say. Did you pay on credit card?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 28.11.2009, 11:05
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,555
Groaned at 50 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Surely if you cancel an order that hasn't arrived you get the FULL amount back? I would call and give them hell about that, or tell your bank and see what they say. Did you pay on credit card?
Agreed. That's absolutely terrible. Is this a common policy at other Swiss shops too?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 28.11.2009, 14:36
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Thanks Higgy. I emailed Digitec to inquire a few days ago and they said the Dec 1 date was pretty solid. I am annoyed that the price has dropped CHF 19 since I pre-ordered and Digitec will not let me have the difference even if I cancel my order and re-order.

I tried to cancel and it took the difference between the current price and the price I paid and made that a non-refundable pre-order fee. Has this always been their policy?
Yes. This has always been their policy.
I had the same thing with my pre-order for the HTC HD at digitec.
They outright refused to sell it at the revised lower price.
I escalated it in store with the manager who was equally resolute. After a lot of sparring I got some compromise, can't remember what it was but I left with the phone with a manager's 20 Franc override discount or something.

I order online without paying. I pay at the shop. I guess you could reserve one by ordering on-line but pay cash without an order later to take advantage of the lower price.

Anyhow Dgitec do get hold of phones ahead of anyone else in CH so I guess paying a premium that reflects the market price at point of ordering is not such a bad deal.

By the way Verb, you opened your post with "Thanks Higgy". Cheers but but there is also a Thanks button to select next to the post :-))))))
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 29.11.2009, 20:48
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

The Milestone is now available from further Swiss online shops. Apparently, Motorola has started to ship unbranded phones directly to Switzerland again. The Milestone is cheaper here than in Germany and at least handyexpress has confirmed that they're NOT selling imported O2 or Vodafone devices but official ones directly from Motorola.

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 29.11.2009, 23:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,040
Groaned at 1,109 Times in 760 Posts
Thanked 18,700 Times in 7,254 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
The Milestone is now available from further Swiss online shops. Apparently, Motorola has started to ship unbranded phones directly to Switzerland again. The Milestone is cheaper here than in Germany and at least handyexpress has confirmed that they're NOT selling imported O2 or Vodafone devices but official ones directly from Motorola.

Peter
Can you please give an update on how you are finding the phone?
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 30.11.2009, 07:07
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Can you please give an update on how you are finding the phone?
Still holding up great. Haven't used the iPhone 3GS once since I've had the Milestone (gave it a 2-week grace period before selling it in order to avoid mistakes - but I'm putting it on ricardo today).

My only issue: the camera problem (purple tint) annoys me more than I would have thought, but I'm a part-time photographer and notice things like that. Also, this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue:

http://wmpoweruser.com/?tag=motorola-droid

many Milestones / Droids (and other phones, including the Nokia N97 which is said to have a great cam and the HTC Touch HD2) seem to have it. Most people probably don't notice, haven't heard any complaints from other people so far. You can only see it on white or very light surfaces.

Apart from that: screen's brilliant, speed's good, browser's good, voice quality is GREAT (compared to the iPhone, anyway, and it doesn't have the iPhone's issue where it'll send callers straight to voicemail). I'm very happy with the phone. The Android Market is also surprisingly good, although it's clearly not aimed at gamers.

Fring helps me save a crapload of money (you can have apps running in the background on the Milestone - thus I can use Fring both for incoming and outgoing calls, effectively eliminating Swisscom's exorbitant pricing. Works over EDGE, too).

Peter
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 01.12.2009, 13:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,040
Groaned at 1,109 Times in 760 Posts
Thanked 18,700 Times in 7,254 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
The Milestone is now available from further Swiss online shops. Apparently, Motorola has started to ship unbranded phones directly to Switzerland again. The Milestone is cheaper here than in Germany and at least handyexpress has confirmed that they're NOT selling imported O2 or Vodafone devices but official ones directly from Motorola.

Peter
Ive seen that place (Handyexpress) it looks dodgy as feck... you get IE warnings about unsecure viewing certificates, and their support section wants you to call the manufacturers directly instead of them. Im not convinced by it... anyone have any experience with them?
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 01.12.2009, 13:36
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,373
Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Fring helps me save a crapload of money (you can have apps running in the background on the Milestone - thus I can use Fring both for incoming and outgoing calls, effectively eliminating Swisscom's exorbitant pricing. Works over EDGE, too).

Peter
You use VOIP over EDGE? No latency/badwidth problems? With Swisscom or Sunrise?
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 01.12.2009, 17:14
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
FYI
Consignment of 200 Nokia N900 phones should arrive at Zurich Digitec on Tuesday 1st December. 131 orders already placed as of today Friday.
Next order will be in on 15th December.
Now Digitec's first shipment is expected to arrive 8th December.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank higgybaby for this useful post:
  #154  
Old 01.12.2009, 17:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,552
Groaned at 492 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Now Digitec's first shipment is expected to arrive 8th December.


it's slow here!
HTC HD 2 is out since 3 weeks now, and we still haven't releases dates!!!!

For once that something was better in UK...
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02.12.2009, 11:42
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Now Digitec's first shipment is expected to arrive 8th December.
Latest email just in N900 not in until next year!!!

Quote:
Thank you for your request. Nokia/our distributor adjust the delivery date to the next year. At the moment we don’t have any detailed date.

We’re sorry to keep you waiting.
Oh Bugger.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank higgybaby for this useful post:
  #156  
Old 02.12.2009, 12:10
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,112
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,191 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post


it's slow here!
HTC HD 2 is out since 3 weeks now, and we still haven't releases dates!!!!
Digitec already had a shipment of HD2 but they sold out within hours.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02.12.2009, 12:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,552
Groaned at 492 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Digitec already had a shipment of HD2 but they sold out within hours.
Thanks but i'm waiting for the HTC HD 2 available with new mobile contracts (swisscom)...


They said week 48, then end november, then early december... Now what??
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02.12.2009, 16:14
Verb's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 121
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 41 Posts
Verb has earned some respectVerb has earned some respect
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Latest email just in N900 not in until next year!!!
Wait, what? Is this Digitec? Why does their site still say "Early December"?
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02.12.2009, 16:21
kamalp's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Konstanz
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
kamalp has no particular reputation at present
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Wait, what? Is this Digitec? Why does their site still say "Early December"?
Today it changed to "approx. Ende Dezember"
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kamalp for this useful post:
  #160  
Old 02.12.2009, 16:27
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone coming out... the Motorola Droid

Quote:
View Post
Wait, what? Is this Digitec? Why does their site still say "Early December"?
Yeah check again now. Late December it says but my email this morning from them re my order said Next Year.
The availability rating has dropped from 4 blobs to 2 (sounds like EF).

Quote:
Availability

Date of delivery
approx. late December (e.& o.e.) (>10 piece(s) ordered from the supplier)
Pity, my contact expires about now and I like to get my phone when or before my contract expires otherwise you only get 11 months use of it rather than 13 or so (if you buy early) before the next must have generation of phones arrive.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
capacitive, droid, google nexus, iphone, mobile phone, motorola, motorola milestone, nokia, orange, sunrise, swisscom




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official EF Tour de France thread Yokine Football/sports 30 31.07.2018 14:31
The official Bah Humbug! thread Castro General off-topic 112 11.12.2012 08:51
Poker Thread Swiss Cheddar Social events 206 21.11.2012 18:17
Official Mad TV / SNL thread. Canadian_dude Jokes/funnies 18 23.04.2009 14:45
Official EF EURO2008 thread ze devil's advocate Football/sports 596 23.09.2008 03:57


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0